Office Max/Depot to change rewards program effective 7/1/17

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Email:
As a valued Office Depot® OfficeMax® customer, we want to let you know about upcoming changes to our rewards program.
The new program starts on July 1, 2017, and the benefits are listed below.

2% Back of everything
5% Back on  (after you hit $500 spending in 12 month period) ink, toner, paper, copy center services
Free shipping after you hit $500 spending in 12 month period

Can't wait to see what Staples has in store for us.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If I'm reading this correctly, it's an improvement. Basically OD/OM rewards have only been achievable for me through ink recycling,

I've mainly used Staples to accumulate rewards through purchases. Advantage of OD/M is buying stamps with rewards, no need to buy ink every 180 days, and some items that Staples does not sell. Plus rewards can be used as many times as you need before the expiration. (Downside is the minimum $10/month spend, but they sell toilet paper and earphones). Staples has ability to recycle twice the number of monthly ink carts, better tech offerings and brand names, simpler rebates and more generous sales. (Downside is tracking ink purchases, dealing with Rewards department screwing up status a lot, etc.).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017