• filter:

Staples EZ Rebate Visas now require activation prior to use

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Received a Staples Visa for paper rebate today and it requires activation prior to use by calling a phone #. (prompt type stuff to activate) 1855 2561612

this may be in response to all the recent fraud issues with cards being drained.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Two of mine were fine on the automatic system, but the third one had to speak with cs person, and answer about 26 questions

They had to put the tracking number on the uneven part of the card, were the card amount is punched thru, nice planning

rated:
I pine for the good old days of rebates being paid by check.

rated:
rdnzl said:   I pine for the good old days of rebates being paid by check.
Or better yet, by automatic Pay Pal deposit

rated:
Cards are still money. I used 9 cards recently at the clinic to pay for med bill, then used the receipt to draw money from HSA account sent to my bank, easy way to cash out the cards.

I also a few weeks ago, used 4-5 at our car insurance office to pay ahead, and when that runs out, they will go back to auto-debit

Our Power Co, will not take in person cards, and have a $3 online card payment fee, so they are out for me, but I know others who pay their light bill.

I do like the idea they are not pre-authorized now, the phone process worked fine on 6 of the 7 cards I received, the one had to be with cs person and took 5 minutes.

rated:
LORENW said:   They had to put the tracking number on the uneven part of the card, were the card amount is punched thru, nice planning

The tracking number is also printed on the paper.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017