• filter:

Amazon Prime Wardrobe

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Try before you buy apparel shopping on Amazon? I think this'll open up online clothes shopping for a lot of people who stayed away from it before:

https://www.fatwallet.com/blog/amazon-prime-wardrobe

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Interesting... with free returns on most clothes, this is basically what you had to do when you weren't sure on a style or size. And I've heard nightmare stories of those that tried the mystery boxes (some clothes may have been picked up at a consignment store)

rated:
How stupid and lazy have we become that we think its a good idea to buy clothes online sight unseen?

This world is goin to crap.

rated:
kingdoodler88 said:   How stupid and lazy have we become that we think its a good idea to buy clothes online sight unseen?

That's...literally the point of this service, to let you try the clothes before you actually pay for them. That way, when you actually buy them, if you want them, they're not "sight unseen," as you've seen them and put them on your body.

rated:
kingdoodler88 said:   How stupid and lazy have we become that we think its a good idea to buy clothes online sight unseen?

Where I live, there aren't many stores that sell clothes that one would want to wear. 
There aren't many retailers anymore, period (the local mall hollowed out 15 years ago, the local "downtown" hollowed out 35 years ago). 
Forget about things like genuinely nice "professional wear", but if you are in the market for elastic-waisted loungewear and cheap flip-flops, you're covered here.
So, you have to order online for a lot of items, if there are certain garments, brands, fabrics, or quality levels that you are looking for and/or if you have size requirements that aren't catered for very well (e.g., petite, tall, ladies' sizes below size 8, unusual shoe sizes, etc.)
...The "world" has already "gone to crap", it just hasn't been so obvious in the better-off areas of our country.

===
Hmm, this makes the second time in two days that I've seen something on the internet about the new "Amazon Prime Wardrobe" offering, which I'd never heard of before.

The strange thing is, I've been a member of Amazon Prime for 3 weeks now (I do a one-month $10.99 Prime membership a couple of times a year) and when I was signing up for this go-round of Amazon Prime, I didn't see a thing about the Wardrobe offer.  I even bought several pairs of shoes last week from within the clothing/shoes area of Amazon, and didn't see anything about Wardrobe.  I'll have to log in to my account there and click around.

Ah, okay... nevermind.  I've now read the FW blog article about it and learned "The program has yet to launch, but you can sign up to be notified when it launches."

It's interesting that they'll offer a discount:  "If the customer chooses to keep three or four items, they will receive a 10% discount on them, and if they choose to keep five or more, they’ll receive a 20% discount."
On some clothing items that I can't find locally and order occasionally from Amazon, 20% off the "typical" Amazon price of them would be a great buy (that is, unless Amazon decides to raise their initial listing prices to cover this potential Wardrobe discount).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017