• filter:

TD Bank may pay $7.5 million to Coin Counting Machine Users (CLASS ACTION pending court approval)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://www.app.com/story/news/local/south-jersey/2017/06/26/td-p...  

Under the settlement, people who were TD Bank customers at the time of Penny Arcade transactions “need not take any action to receive their distributions.”It says the bank would use its records to determine the amount of Penny Arcade usage by its customers.

TD would multiply that sum by 0.26 percent to determine a customer's distribution, or payment.Coin-machine users who did not have TD accounts could submit written claims, subject to the approval of a settlement administrator. Claims without documentation would be limited to $500.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Where is the actual class action link?

rated:
CouponClippen said:   Where is the actual class action link?

Pending court approval.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
CouponClippen said:   Where is the actual class action link?

Pending court approval.

Then it isn't a class action yet.

rated:
Don't they only have customer records if you deposited the money as opposed to converted it to bills?

rated:
See how this shakes out. TY OP.

rated:
This lawsuit, of course, is what killed free coin counting at TD.

rated:
My experience is out this topic. The way I do with the coins is to use it or them at grocery or pharmacies with self check out service. Dump coins to the machines. I have a big jar to accrue the coins, every once in a while just grab some coins when I can remember.

rated:
I reported this, TD Bank sued over penny-pinching counting machines, on FatWallet a year and a half ago! I've lost Hundreds on their counting machines. Top Dollar to MrC! It's pending class action, but soon it will be a Class Action suit!

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   I reported this, TD Bank sued over penny-pinching counting machines, on FatWallet a year and a half ago! I've lost Hundreds on their counting machines. Top Dollar to MrC! It's pending class action, but soon it will be a Class Action suit!
  You've lost hundreds??
Of coins?
or of dollars?

I have a hard time believing you lost hundreds of dollars, unless you had a dumptruck full of coins.

rated:
Let's see. .26 percent is .0026 of whatever amount you deposited in total. $1,000 would be $2.60 cents. $100 would be 2.6 cents. Think the lawyers win again.

rated:
Those counting machines have an error rate higher than 0.26%. Users definitely lose.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
Marvinomatic said:   I reported this, TD Bank sued over penny-pinching counting machines, on FatWallet a year and a half ago! I've lost Hundreds on their counting machines. Top Dollar to MrC! It's pending class action, but soon it will be a Class Action suit!
  You've lost hundreds??
Of coins?
or of dollars?

I have a hard time believing you lost hundreds of dollars, unless you had a dumptruck full of coins.

I saved up around $450 of coins in one and a half years, by putting all my change away. Then I did it again.  

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   
canoeguy1 said:   
  You've lost hundreds??
Of coins?
or of dollars?

I saved up around $450 of coins in one and a half years, by putting all my change away. Then I did it again.  

OK. So what percentage of the $900 did you lose? 
If it was 0.5%, you lost approx $5. That's a far cry from "hundreds"

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
Marvinomatic said:   
canoeguy1 said:   
  You've lost hundreds??
Of coins?
or of dollars?

OK. So what percentage of the $900 did you lose? 
If it was 0.5%, you lost approx $5. That's a far cry from "hundreds"

Maybe even more than hundreds, I think I had a 3rd jar. Hey, I'm just stating the facts!  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017