• filter:

Staples to Sell for $6.9 Billion, and Its New Owner Has an Uphill Battle

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I hate change, usually it is not for the better 

rated:
I hope that all the rebate deals decade ago comes back.

rated:
TheDealMaker said:   I hope that all the rebate deals decade ago comes back.
  I can only speak of HP laptops/desktops
They did away with those rebates a long time ago, I think the deals are better
Though I always did rebates correctly and got in 30 days, other customers at the store did not and were instore complaining, sometimes the store gave the rebate on the spot to quiet them down

rated:
They are really interested in business and government supply chain I doubt we'll see a lot in the retail space of any good.

rated:
GADOM said:   They are really interested in business and government supply chain I doubt we'll see a lot in the retail space of any good.
  Agreed. Retail purchase is being funded by Wells. Only corporate is being financed by bonds. Different funding sources per reports will make it easier for them to sell off the retail stores. They may give the Office Depot merger a go again.

rated:
I have never liked the prices of Staples they are too expensive, I buy there only when I don't have any other option. Hopefully the new buyer understands this...

rated:
eddierd said:   I have never liked the prices of Staples they are too expensive, I buy there only when I don't have any other option. Hopefully the new buyer understands this...
  Shop the ad, if a certain item is half price this week buy a bunch, you will use the eventually.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
TheDealMaker said:   I hope that all the rebate deals decade ago comes back.
  I can only speak of HP laptops/desktops
They did away with those rebates a long time ago, I think the deals are better
Though I always did rebates correctly and got in 30 days, other customers at the store did not and were instore complaining, sometimes the store gave the rebate on the spot to quiet them down

The prices are lower, but easy upgradability is over. There are no doors on the bottom of the laptop to upgrade the hard drive or memory. So if someone is not a DIYr and the hard drive fails, the labor cost makes it a dumpster item. Desktops are currently using micro mother boards with maybe one slot to add a card and the memory has to be removed in order to upgrade it.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
eddierd said:   I have never liked the prices of Staples they are too expensive, I buy there only when I don't have any other option. Hopefully the new buyer understands this...
  Shop the ad, if a certain item is half price this week buy a bunch, you will use the eventually.

I doubt people have unlimited storage to do so. I compare their ad to Amazon and Amazon beats Staple*s sale prices on office products all the time.

rated:
same Purchase requirement?

$30 in ink/toner purchases in the past 180 days

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017