• filter:

Amazon No-Rush Shipping Discount

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I was checking out a deal at Amazon today and was offered a $5 discount on the product if I chose no-rush shipping. I've started to notice this on a quite a few different things and I'm guessing this is Amazon's answer to Walmart's in-store pickup discount! 

Member Summary

No-Rush Discount (47.59kB)
Thanks nowyouknow
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
nowyouknow said:   I was checking out a deal at Amazon today and was offered a $5 discount on the product if I chose no-rush shipping. I've started to notice this on a quite a few different things and I'm guessing this is Amazon 's answer to Walmart's in-store pickup discount! 
 Do you mean the $5 Prime Pantry credit for choising slow shipping or a NEW straight/immediate discount subtracted from your current order total? I just placed an order about 15 minutes ago and was only offered the Pantry slow shipping credit (which has been areound at least 2 years: www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?type=forums&query=am... ). However,  my total was only $6.xx after about $12 in other credits, so that could have something to do with not being offered an immediate discount.

rated:
Jet.com is kicking their a$$

rated:
DeFiantROA said:   Jet.com is kicking their a$$
  Psst....Jet.com owned by Walmart

rated:
fivetalents said:   
nowyouknow said:   I was checking out a deal at Amazon today and was offered a $5 discount on the product if I chose no-rush shipping. I've started to notice this on a quite a few different things and I'm guessing this is Amazon 's answer to Walmart's in-store pickup discount! 
 Do you mean the $5 Prime Pantry credit for choising slow shipping or a NEW straight/immediate discount subtracted from your current order total? I just placed an order about 15 minutes ago and was only offered the Pantry slow shipping credit (which has been areound at least 2 years: www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?type=forums&query=am... ). However,  my total was only $6.xx after about $12 in other credits, so that could have something to do with not being offered an immediate discount.

It was an immediate discount. Next time I see a deal that offers it I will SS it.

rated:
Just added a screenshot to the Wiki.

rated:
Product has to ship to get the the discount.  In other words, same day ordering doesn't trigger it.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Product has to ship to get the the discount.  In other words, same day ordering doesn't trigger it.
  It came off right at checkout (I bought one) and I received a confirmation order. It is only on the King size frame.

rated:
nowyouknow said:   Just added a screenshot to the Wiki.
Thanks. I didn't realize that the discount was on the product page instead of a discount offered at checkout.

If I pulled up the right product ( www.amazon.com/Zinus-Platform-Mattress-Foundation-Headboard/dp/B... ) I'm not seeing a price as low as the one in your uploaded pic nor any slow shipping discoung offer on the product page. It may be a targeted deal.

When you chose slow shipping at checkout, did you also get the standard $1 digital credit or $5 pantry credit?

I don't understand why the don't publicize this with all eligible items linked from in one promo page... rather than a lucky few stumbling across one once in a while.

I like that they pass the savings on rush shipping costs on to customers (so a heavy item like your bed frame saves $38), but I'd happily take an immediate discount of much smaller amounts on much lighter items as well over a digital credit that may expire before I remember to use it or find something I want to use it on. It does make you realize how much money they pocket when we accept those measly little $1 digital slow shipping credits though. 

rated:
fivetalents said:   
nowyouknow said:   Just added a screenshot to the Wiki.
Thanks. I didn't realize that the discount was on the product page instead of a discount offered at checkout.

If I pulled up the right product ( www.amazon.com/Zinus-Platform-Mattress-Foundation-Headboard/dp/B... ) I'm not seeing a price as low as the one in your uploaded pic nor any slow shipping discoung offer on the product page. It may be a targeted deal.

When you chose slow shipping at checkout, did you also get the standard $1 digital credit or $5 pantry credit?

I don't understand why the don't publicize this with all eligible items linked from in one promo page... rather than a lucky few stumbling across one once in a while.

I like that they pass the savings on rush shipping costs on to customers (so a heavy item like your bed frame saves $38), but I'd happily take an immediate discount of much smaller amounts on much lighter items as well over a digital credit that may expire before I remember to use it or find something I want to use it on. It does make you realize how much money they pocket when we accept those measly little $1 digital slow shipping credits though. 

In my experience it's been totally random. I bought a Sesame Street DVD the other day and Amazon and Walmart were the exact same price but when I clicked on the Amazon page it showed me a no-rush discount of $5 on the product page. It didn't offer the typical no-rush discounts like the Prime Pantry or Digital credit though. It would be nice if they had all of the discounts on one page but from what I've seen they've all been pretty substantial so I'm just keeping an eye on hot deals to see when they pop up. I also saw a blog cover this exact same topic today so other people are starting to see the discount as well. 

rated:
I keep getting worthless Prime Now $5 credit or Pantry $5 credit... both are useless to me. I rather have the $1 MP3 credit.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I keep getting worthless Prime Now $5 credit or Pantry $5 credit... both are useless to me. I rather have the $1 MP3 credit.
I've never been offered a Prime Now credit and $5 isn't much... but I might risk one right now given that Prime Day is around the corner and that usually includes some really good Prime Now deals (create a topic alert). That could also be stacked with other offers like the $10 of 1st Prime Now order or other offers on their dedicated page: http://primenow.amazon.com  . If you don't need the order right away, you don't have much to lose and might even find a steal during a big event sale. ...Of course, if you don't have Prime or don't live in a Prime Now area that's a moot point.

rated:
I stumbled across the official "FREE No-Rush Shipping" landing page today: www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_PD17NR16_1a1_w?ie=UTF8&node=9... 

Unfortunately, there is no master list of eligible items. However, you can check your Prime No-Rush rewards balance here: www.amazon.com/norushcredits 

=================================================================================================================

Earn rewards or discounts with FREE N0-Rush Shipping

Prime Members Can Get a Little Extra Something With FREE No-Rush Shipping! 

Get a promotional reward or discount on your order when you select FREE No-Rush Shipping at checkout. Don’t need your order right away? With FREE No-Rush Shipping, you either earn rewards on future purchases or receive discounts immediately, simply for agreeing to receive your order in 6 business days . 

You can use your FREE No-Rush rewards towards purchasing a variety of things. Rewards can be used for buying eBooks on your wishlist, favorite movies on Amaz0n Instant Video, groceries and daily essentials on Prime Pantry, and just about anything else. You’ll see which No-Rush reward your order qualifies for in the offer at checkout. Rewards are automatically added to your Amaz0n.com account once your FREE No-Rush order ships, and they are automatically applied to qualifying orders as well. This is just another perk of being a Prime member!

MORE ABOUT FREE NO-RUSH SHIPPING

How do I get No-Rush Shipping rewards or discounts? 
Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping at checkout to get your order within 6 business days, and we’ll either apply a discount immediately to your current order, or automatically apply a reward to your account once your order ships.

Can I receive a No-Rush reward and discount on the same order? 
No, you cannot receive both on the same order. If an order has items eligible for both a discount and a reward, we will apply the discount to your current order.

Can I choose whether to receive a discount or a reward? 
No, we will surface only one type of offer per order at checkout, either a reward or a discount.

How do I become eligible to receive rewards? 
All customers can be eligible to receive discounts, but only Prime members are eligible to receive reward offers. Rewards are available on millions of items across the site.

When can I use my rewards? 
Rewards will be available after your No-Rush order ships. We will send you an email with the details of your promotional rewards when your order ships. The next time you shop on Amaz0n. com, refer to this email for instructions on how to redeem. You can use your rewards by logging on to Amaz0n. com, or browsing your smart phone, tablet, e-reader, TV or streaming device

What can I purchase with my No-Rush reward? 
No-Rush rewards apply only to the type of items indicated in the offer at checkout. Depending on the offer you can use your rewards to shop for daily essentials on Prime Pantry, Kindle ebooks, Amaz0n Instant Videos, Digital Music, Amaz0n Appstore apps, Digital Video Games, Digital Software titles and more. Rewards are automatically applied at checkout.

Where is my recent reward? 
Pending Rewards become Available Rewards when your qualifying package has shipped. View reward balance

When do my rewards expire? 
The original email that includes information on how to redeem your rewards will also include information on when your rewards expire. You may also get an email notification prior to your reward’s expiration date depending on the type of offer associated with the reward.

rated:
Haha today I was offered $10 towards Furniture, Mattresses or Area Rugs - https://www.amazon.com/gp/shipoptions/promotions/details?ie=UTF8...

I've never seen that one before.

rated:
I am having a hard time finding inexpensive but eligible furniture items. Any finds?

rated:
I wonder if a mattress protector qualifies?

rated:
jborne said:   I wonder if a mattress protector qualifies?
 Just put it in your cart then go to the checkout screen. If it qualifies, the discount will be taken off of your pre-tax order total on the right, prior to payment (slow shipping/"no-rush" credit offers are shown under the list of shipping options).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017