• filter:

where to buy iphone refurbished

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Planning to buy an iphone for my kid. I looked at cricket wireless which as iphone se for $229  but she is not liking 4" screen. Other option is to go for a refurbished Iphone 6 or so.
Where do you recommend to buy a good iphone. Also i didn't notice any good deals on July 4th ..

-A

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Best option is to buy one at Apple itself. Only iPhone 6s and upwards of $450. Refurbished by Apple are literally brand new with a full one year warranty.

https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/iphone

rated:
eBay pretty much. Though your kid is 'not liking the smaller screen' does set off a few alarms in my head.

rated:
buy used like new on facebook. Facebook is the new eBay.

rated:
VAIndigo said:   Planning to buy an iphone for my kid. I looked at cricket wireless which as iphone se for $229  but she is not liking 4" screen. Other option is to go for a refurbished Iphone 6 or so.
Where do you recommend to buy a good iphone. Also i didn't notice any good deals on July 4th ..

-A

If an SE*/5S/5 isn't going to work for her, price isn't that big a concern, and you have the patience to keeping looking, this is a fantastic deal:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1561151

You're getting the newest model of iPhone at a price point where you could sell this on CL even after the 7S/8/X comes out and at worst, break even.

Another option is buying a refurb from Apple, but the price of a 64 GB 6S is the same as a 128 GB 7 from Walmart:

You can also look at Swappa/eBay/CL.  Buyer beware.

*The mechanicals of the SE are identical to the 6S (minus 3D Touch).  It's a great phone for the price.

rated:
don't do as I did and buy a refurb from Walmart....pure crap...bought 5c

rated:
swappa.com

rated:
I been happy with five phones with swappa. Let daughter buy larger screen :}

rated:
I've bought 4 iphone 7 refurbs from Walmart; all were like new. And all but 1 was the unlocked A1660 model, (and that 1 was returned). My daily driver is one of those 7 refurbs. The other 2 I kept were flipped for nice profits.

Granted, YMMV on the condition of what you get from Walmart, but overall, on this site and others, a majority of folks report they are happy/very happy with what they received.

Price wise, it's the best deal out there on a contract free, current model iPhone.

rated:

rated:

rated:
DarthEnol said:   I've bought 4 iphone 7 refurbs from Walmart; all were like new. And all but 1 was the unlocked A1660 model, (and that 1 was returned). My daily driver is one of those 7 refurbs. The other 2 I kept were flipped for nice profits.

Granted, YMMV on the condition of what you get from Walmart, but overall, on this site and others, a majority of folks report they are happy/very happy with what they received.

Price wise, it's the best deal out there on a contract free, current model iPhone.

Where did you buy?  Online?  They have a variety of resellers on walmart.com, did you buy from them, or only from Walmart directly?
You mention that all but one phones were unlocked?  Did you buy phones that were advertised as locked? 

rated:
beejers said:   I don't do Iphones, but saw this on Tanga. seemed ~ok... https://www.tanga.com/deals/summer-smartphone-savings-JUN17?internal_campaign=front_page_daily_deals&product_list_type=front_page&product_list_value=daily_deals
  Thank you for the find . i found similar offer on Amazon.

rated:
DarthEnol said:   I've bought 4 iphone 7 refurbs from Walmart; all were like new. And all but 1 was the unlocked A1660 model, (and that 1 was returned). My daily driver is one of those 7 refurbs. The other 2 I kept were flipped for nice profits.

Thank you for the suggestion. Thinking of settling for Iphone 6s refurb on Amazon.  $345 for 16GB. Wish it is 32G

rated:
Californiadeal said:   I been happy with five phones with swappa. Let daughter buy larger screen :}
  Hmm i couldn't find any good price on swapaa for Iphone 6s

rated:
Mint/Fair/ Excellent Good ... which one should i choose .. major price variation

rated:
DarthEnol said:   
VAIndigo said:   Planning to buy an iphone for my kid. I looked at cricket wireless which as iphone se for $229  but she is not liking 4" screen. Other option is to go for a refurbished Iphone 6 or so.

-A

If an SE*/5S/5 isn't going to work for her, price isn't that big a concern, and you have the patience to keeping looking, this is a fantastic deal:

You're getting the newest model of iPhone at a price point where you could sell this on CL even after the 7S/8/X comes out and at worst, break even.

Another option is buying a refurb from Apple, but the price of a 64 GB 6S is the same as a 128 GB 7 from Walmart:

You can also look at Swappa/eBay /CL.  Buyer beware.

*The mechanicals of the SE are identical to the 6S (minus 3D Touch).  It's a great phone for the price.

I agree .. SE seems to be good specs. I will give my 7 to her and i will settle for SE.  I noticed SE @ Straight Talk is $159.  Do you know if i buy iphone at ST, how long i have to wait before i can port it to Cricket? I am assuming the phone i buy at ST will be locked to them.

rated:
VAIndigo said:   
DarthEnol said:   

-A

You can also look at Swappa/eBay /CL.  Buyer beware.

I agree .. SE seems to be good specs. I will give my 7 to her and i will settle for SE.  I noticed SE @ Straight Talk is $159.  Do you know if i buy iphone at ST, how long i have to wait before i can port it to Cricket? I am assuming the phone i buy at ST will be locked to them.

Good plan.

ST phones supposedly are very hard to unlock.  I'd 100% skip buying a ST variant and buy directly from Cricket.  That way you know you're buying a phone that  will work.

rated:
m2go said:   

Where did you buy?  Online?  They have a variety of resellers on walmart.com, did you buy from them, or only from Walmart directly?
You mention that all but one phones were unlocked?  Did you buy phones that were advertised as locked? 

From Walmart on walmart.com
They are model A1660, which has the "better" Qualcomm modem. They are not the WalMart quoted locked AT&T model, A1778.
Lots of info here:  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1561151

rated:
Virgin Mobile - iPhone 6 for 320 bucks with basically one year of service included. That makes the iPhone close to free if you assume monthly service ~25 bucks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017