• filter:

July 7th: 43 more KMART/SEARS stores closings announced

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Pretty soon it will be shorter to have a list of stores that a still OPEN.

rated:
I get the reasons ... I understand the disdain for both brands (Kmart and Sears) ... but I grew up working at Kmart for 10+ years, when Kmart was thriving, through their bankruptcy, and when they purchased Sears after the bankruptcy - and honestly, that's when they began to do a nosedive. But, regardless, these were two iconic, American companies and I do think it's going to be a loss when they eventually admit defeat and close up shop. Eddie Lampert just doesn't get "it" and won't listen to those who do ...

rated:
Will the last employee turn off the lights when he leaves.

rated:
These store closing lists used to only be every quarter, they're literally every week now. I think the new strategy is to announce 50 stores each week to make it look like things aren't as bad as they really are.

rated:
Just read this article  yesterday that claims BonTon is even less likely to survive than Sears. I didn't realize BonTon was in such dire shape.
Really disappointed to learn that. Our BonTon has been a local fixture for decades and has always offered decent quality brands, prices and selection. 
Should have known they were desperate to increase in-store traffic when they began mailing monthly flyers that included, among other coupons, a $10 off $10 coupon.  My underwear drawer is a lot less embarrassing since that started. 
All kidding aside, really hoping we don't lose our local BonTon.  Our one and only shopping mall lost Macy's in April, and its Sears store will be gone by September.  If BonTon goes that leaves only JCPenney as an anchor store.  Not a promising scenario. 

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Pretty soon it will be shorter to have a list of stores that a still OPEN.
  
Only 2 in PHX

rated:
If fast Eddie truly had the best interests of the shareholders in mind, he would liquidate the company and return whatever value is left to the shareholders. The way things are going now, the company will continue to bleed slowly until there is no value remaining.

rated:
examiner44 said:   If fast Eddie truly had the best interests of the shareholders in mind, he would liquidate the company and return whatever value is left to the shareholders. The way things are going now, the company will continue to bleed slowly until there is no value remaining.
  
he wants to bleed it and make money on his loans thru real estate.

rated:
humanbean said:   Will the last employee turn off the lights when he leaves.
  
Would that be a bluelight special?

rated:
ShadowedBlade said:   I get the reasons ... I understand the disdain for both brands (Kmart and Sears ) ... but I grew up working at Kmart for 10+ years, when Kmart was thriving, through their bankruptcy, and when they purchased Sears after the bankruptcy - and honestly, that's when they began to do a nosedive. But, regardless, these were two iconic, American companies and I do think it's going to be a loss when they eventually admit defeat and close up shop. Eddie Lampert just doesn't get "it" and won't listen to those who do ...
  
Eddie wants to milk them for all they have and be left holding all the real assets...the real estate. Why do you think he keeps loaning money and securing them with buildings, basically buying them for pennies on the dollar.

rated:
No Maryland.. dam.. I can use some good sale.

rated:
Not a good sale.  Tons of people buying cheap shit at 10% off.  Could have gotten it cheaper at the dollar store.  They'll be cleaned out by the time the discount hit 30%  Chumps.
 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017