• filter:

MintSim - "Unlimited" IS A LIE!

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I just got term'ed on my service (that is pre-paid for another almost a year), due to "AUP violations". My call was re-routed to MintSim Customer Service, and the CSR (Indian, of course), was telling me that I violated AUP, and my service was terminated.

Now, the only thing that I can see in the AUP at MintSim, that I could have violated, was the "continous connections" thing. I talk to my Mother for hours at a time, oftentimes getting the call terminated at 2hr 30min mark, because we've been on so long.

I should mention, that MintSim is a T-Mobile reseller or MVNO, and I was previously a T-Mobile pre-paid customer, and I would get call term'ed at the 4hr mark, and never got my service terminated for calling my mother too much.

So, there you have it.

MintSim's "Unlimited" (and they underline it on their home page!), is NOT unlimited, and you can get your service terminated, for calling Mom too much.

I'm looking to port out my number as soon as possible.

Anyone have any suggestions on alternative carriers, that WONT terminate your "unlimited" service, for calling Mom too much?

I thought, that as far as network usage goes, voice calls took up a tiny fraction of the overall network capacity.

So the resulting negative fallout from this policy, compared to how much it would cost them to actually provide unlimited voice minutes, as they advertise, seems foolish.

Anyone know where to file an FTC and FCC complain about this matter?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Oh, and on MintSim's user control-panel site, I could NOT find any mention of my currently-used voice minutes for the month, nor could I find any numerical limit in their AUP or elsewhere, for what was considered an AUP violation. So how am I supposed to tell, if my usage for a month is "excessive", and to moderate it, if I don't have limits? Even crappy Comcast has a meter on their site, to let you know if you are going to go over their monthly usage cap.

Utterly ridiculous!

rated:
There is no such thing as "unlimited" All unlimited have terms and limits. I remember years ago Vonage and their global unlimited calling which was never unlimited. Good luck getting anywhere...

Since you're calling for hours, if you are within WiFi on both ends, you would be better off doing calls via data service which won't use minutes, such as FaceTime audio, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.

rated:
Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017