• filter:

GUITAR CENTER BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Guitar Center sells instruments on many websites using shadow companies. One of them is Music123 on Amazon. Thought my situation was rare but turns out its actually common business practice for them. On 7/11/2017 Amazon held an event called "Amazon Prime day" and I passed on other (probably legit) offers from other merchants to buy a bass from them (music123). Following day I receive email saying my order is cancelled for "technical issues" When I call them they blame an Amazon pricing error. When I call Amazon they say that Music123 submitted the price and that is was correct. They also said Music123 told them to cancel the order due to out of stock. Amazon rep investigates and finds same item still in stock and on sale on their website for 629.00 vs the 112 that they sold it to me for the prior day.

I open an investigation with Amazon. I call back Music123 (who claims on the Amazon website that they are a Philadelphia family owned music store even though research reveals that they are actually based in California and they answer the phone as Guitar Center) and inform them that I found out they were lying to me earlier and they try to sell me the same guitar at a "generous" price of 580.00. Quite an elaborate bait and switch. Very dishonest company. They are now under investigation for removal from Amazon but be careful. Guitar Center has many other tentacles. The list is on wiki.
If you are planning to make a purchase from them and you don't believe me Ill be happy to post my completed purchase order and cancellation email here. I will also post the official results of the Amazon investigation when I get them but unofficially Amazon has already told me they can see the fraud.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
So basically you bought something on Music123, they didn't want to sell it for $112 and told you it was technical and Amazon told you it was 'out of stock'.

But you blame Guitar Center because they own Music123.

Cool story, only way to fix is email corporate or sue...but I don't think 'sue' will work here as they refunded your money.

rated:
"
I ordered an item from this seller, but it was cancelled because the seller listed the item with wrong price. However,the seller should honor the price instead.."

sry bro but price mistake happens

Going all hot calling it a fraud is a bit much, don't you think?

rated:
If the item generally costs 600 you really expect it to be on sale for 110?

It is obvious it was a pricing error. You can gamble and try to get it thought chances are you won't.

Next time, buy it from Amazon directly with Discover or something else that provides price protection, and then file a claim with a screenshot.

rated:
So, which of you that gave me red is the OP? You do know that you used your real name on Amazon review, right?

I welcome rational discussion on why you think it should be called a fraud. OP is out nothing except the hassle. If you call it a fraud that you need to show what the vendor gained do doing this.

rated:
I'm in awe that you were able to find his original review. I think it was removed.
According to reddit, there were several $112 guitars for sale from sellers who weren't Music123. (Which were fixed soon)

I'm more inclined to think it was an Amazon error, and OP should get a consolidation giftcard from Amazon.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   So, which of you that gave me red is the OP? You do know that you used your real name on Amazon review, right?

I welcome rational discussion on why you think it should be called a fraud. OP is out nothing except the hassle. If you call it a fraud that you need to show what the vendor gained do doing this.

I sided with the OP when I read it this morning (green for OP, red for you), but re-reading it I've removed those votes. I understand OP's frustration, but you're right that there was no fraud and OP is not out anything but a minor hassle.

rated:
i can think of other reasons to beware regarding Guitar Center. this isn't one of them

i *try* to buy from local mom & pop shops, but i do end up at GC from time to time. it feels like a deal with the devil, but sometimes the devil is the only one that has what i need

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017