• filter:

Beware CardCash Gift Card Website

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I bought two gift cards from CardCash as Christmas gifts for my elderly parents.  Unfortunately, when my parents went to use the cards, they discovered each had a zero balance.  These were electronic, printable cards, so there is no excuse for this.  CardCash hides behind a 45 day return period and refuses to make good on worthless cards.  So beware -- it is highly embarrassing to give a gift card and have the giftee find it worthless.  Looking at the BBB website it is clear I am not the only one scammed by this company.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
You can always try Raise.com
I think they are the only ones in the industry to offer a 1 year warranty on gift cards.

rated:
ceteller said:   I bought two gift cards from CardCash as Christmas gifts for my elderly parents.  Unfortunately, when my parents went to use the cards, they discovered each had a zero balance.  These were electronic, printable cards, so there is no excuse for this.  CardCash hides behind a 45 day return period and refuses to make good on worthless cards.  So beware -- it is highly embarrassing to give a gift card and have the giftee find it worthless.  Looking at the BBB website it is clear I am not the only one scammed by this company.  

Did you use the cards within 45 days?  I presume not.

Discount sites like CardCash aren't good places to buy gifts - they're best for buying cards for your own use.  Maybe you should have paid the extra 10% and bought the gift cards directly from the merchant?

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
ceteller said:   I bought two gift cards from CardCash as Christmas gifts for my elderly parents.  Unfortunately, when my parents went to use the cards, they discovered each had a zero balance.  These were electronic, printable cards, so there is no excuse for this.  CardCash hides behind a 45 day return period and refuses to make good on worthless cards.  So beware -- it is highly embarrassing to give a gift card and have the giftee find it worthless.  Looking at the BBB website it is clear I am not the only one scammed by this company.  

Did you use the cards within 45 days?  I presume not.

Discount sites like CardCash aren't good places to buy gifts - they're best for buying cards for your own use.  Maybe you should have paid the extra 10% and bought the gift cards directly from the merchant?

Exactly, don't say they hide behind a 45 day return period if you didn't familiarize yourself with their rules before purchasing, then whine when you get left with a worthless card and want resolution 6 months later.

rated:
You know it could be 6 months guarantee and this guy's post would still happen.

No matter how much guarantee there is, if you don't monitor your finances, they can get stolen.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   You know it could be 6 months guarantee and this guy's post would still happen.

No matter how much guarantee there is, if you don't monitor your finances, they can get stolen.

Yes, but if the card is drained within their guarantee period, you have recourse. To come here 'warning' everyone there is no excuse for this, when the 'no excuse' lies with the purchaser for not reading terms, yet thinking it's now cool to blame the company for his/her own failing.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017