• filter:

MintSIM experience, anyone?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I am considering MintSIM mobile service for my family and need to know if anyone has used it in any of the Northeast USA regions and how the experience has been.

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've got 1 account on it and it's been fine. It's going to be really dependent on whether you have good T-Mobile coverage in your area. $180 for 1 year with unlimited talk and text with 2gb data is a pretty good deal. I also have red pocket using Verizon and att for $200/year.

rated:
Had a horrible experience with them. Got voice & text but could not get data.
Tried unsuccessfully to got tech support. Finally gave up and requested a refund which they refused.
Finally got satisfaction through my credit card. Overall awful experience!

Went with Teltik and could not be happier. Outstanding tech support!

rated:
I'm with Mintsim- followed their instructions on the settings for data (APN etc.). Works wonderfully - basically as promised. Very happy! Recommend them.

Of course, where I'm located T-Mobile coverage is excellent!

rated:
hopped on them after the ringplus debacle . been mostly good in a strong tmob zone. but there have been a handful of total outages in spots which was worrisome. then again i've seen it work well indoors in offices where VZ signal can't even get in too so ymmv.

rated:
I'd probably give them a whirl if I needed new service and had a good GSM-compatible phone. At the moment, I have a Sprint-compatible Android phone and Tello is working great for me on it, even cheaper lately than MintSIM would be. Could be I will move someday.

Right now, it seems MintSIM is having a promo to do the $15/month for three months instead of a full year, if you want to try it out for a lower commitment.

rated:
Been happy Mint Sim user since Feb/march this year never any issues with data or voice. I am in NYC and NJ and T-Mobile excellent for me and at my house best speed and coverage vs Verizon or AT&T

I didn't port my number or ever need to contact mintsim, data does what I need and seems same as when on T-Mobile business account. It data allotment auto reset but i really only use gps spotify email mms whats app etc. Not heavy data to notice speed.

I was a T-Mobile business account user before so knew the voice and data coverage to expect. I do miss BingOn but really almost never need it. I use google voice so easy for me to try and if sucks just kiss the $ goodby and jump to another MVNO. I was hopping from Cricket, H20 (at&T) PagePlus (Verizon), Harbor Mobile, when they had T-Mobile and while that died a bad death They treated me with perfectly (RIP)

rated:
I use in in the Seattle and las vegas areas. I got a Moto x pure so that I could make use of their newer channels.
I do occasionally hit a dead zone, but generally speaking I am happy.

rated:
SendMeMoney said:   Had a horrible experience with them. Got voice & text but could not get data.
Tried unsuccessfully to got tech support. Finally gave up and requested a refund which they refused.
Finally got satisfaction through my credit card. Overall awful experience!

Went with Teltik and could not be happier. Outstanding tech support!

TelTik is for businesses only, and prices are not compatible with MintSIM at all.

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   I'd probably give them a whirl if I needed new service and had a good GSM-compatible phone. At the moment, I have a Sprint -compatible Android phone and Tello is working great for me on it, even cheaper lately than MintSIM would be. Could be I will move someday.

Right now, it seems MintSIM is having a promo to do the $15/month for three months instead of a full year, if you want to try it out for a lower commitment.

Tello does not look cheaper at all. Just checked.

rated:
love4money said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   I'd probably give them a whirl if I needed new service and had a good GSM-compatible phone. At the moment, I have a Sprint -compatible Android phone and Tello is working great for me on it, even cheaper lately than MintSIM would be. Could be I will move someday.

Depends on your usage.  2GB of 4GLTE data is wasted if you use only 500MB a month.  Plus, I don't have to pay for three months or a year of Tello in advance.

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   
love4money said:   

Depends on your usage.  2GB of 4GLTE data is wasted if you use only 500MB a month.  Plus, I don't have to pay for three months or a year of Tello in advance.

I agree. However, Sprint network is much slower than T-Mobile, so that is a factor as well.

rated:
love4money said:   
ahallfatwallett said:     Depends on your usage.  2GB of 4GLTE data is wasted if you use only 500MB a month.  Plus, I don't have to pay for three months or a year of Tello in advance.
  I agree. However, Sprint network is much slower than T-Mobile, so that is a factor as well.

Again - depends on your usage and your requirements.  I get good reception with Sprint where I live and use my phone.  And I don't need blazing speed when I'm not on WiFi.  I've never once said, "Gee, I wish I had faster mobile speed!"    What I get is plenty fast enough.

I just read that MintSIM does not officially allow tethering, which would be a big deal breaker for me.  (It is in their ToS.)  I have a GSM-capable phone but it cannot be rooted (Verizon Moto E), so MintSIM is not even a consideration.

rated:
I got the 2gb data deal for $12 a month (year plan). So far I'm really happy with it. But I made sure to use a tmobile phone to allow for wifi calling. So far I really like it, but if I were to re-up, I would wait for the deal to surface again and go for the 10gb deal for 12/mo.

rated:
MintSim has worked well in the SF Bay area and on nation wide travels - I recommend them

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017