• filter:

As many as 160 Applebee's and IHOP locations to close

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
They've been aggressively closing Applebee's locations in my area, we went from seven down to three just in the past year. They're on track to be the next Ryan's/Hometown Buffet when it comes to locations at this pace.

rated:
company has 3,700-plus restaurants in 19 countries.

rated:
We like Applebee's for their specials and BOGO coupons. For that reason, we keep a supply of discounted gift cards on hand. I'm guessing we'd be out the gift card cost if their one and only location in our area closed. Never thought about that before, so we should probably use them up ASAP.

rated:
Poor service across the country killed it!

rated:
Haven't been to one in roughly 20 years. Maybe more. Never liked their menu much when I went and have never been back since. Maybe they'll close some near me and a better restaurant will take their place. One can hope.

rated:
mathfaster said:   Haven't been to one in roughly 20 years. Maybe more. Never liked their menu much when I went and have never been back since. Maybe they'll close some near me and a better restaurant will take their place. One can hope.

I'm about the same...  it's an ok restaurant but fastfood is having the same.

rated:
will not be missed

rated:
bharatiya said:   Poor service across the country killed it!
Take my family to Applebee's one and never come back.  

rated:
I'll miss them if they close our local one. I know the new grill they are using did not help any. Some foods taste better, but some do not need the smoky flavor. There are 2 appetizers and 3 meals I really like. They are not a place I would want everyday. Kind of like Chilis nothing to special.

rated:
Its all because of the
"booming economy"

rated:
go to place after 9pm. half price apps and $2.50 beers

rated:
rsuaver said:   go to place after 9pm. half price apps and $2.50 beers
Applebee's or IHOP?    

rated:
I had not been to applebee's in a few years. My husband got called into work late and was making good money for it so he said get some take out for dinner. I looked at the applebees menu and called them since ordering online you cant make changes. I asked for sauce on the side or no peppers or onions, and they would not make my dinners a different way. I wasn't asking for special bread or gluten free, just hold the sauce. If they cant honor a simple request, I can see why they are closing. We have so few decent take out chains left, I've been opting for our local owned grocery store that has fresh made hot and cold meals that are now better than most restaurant quality.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017