• filter:

Lowe's - Deals harder to find recently, or is it just me? Home Depot wins out.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Lowe's online deals seem skimpier than ever now, "daily deals" included, and my local Lowe's stores don't have nearly as many clearance (yellow tag) items as they used to.

It seems like the best deals involve buying discounted Lowe's gift cards, then scouring the internet for coupon codes (e.g. $10 off $50, etc) to use ordering from Lowes.com. Then dealing with Lowes.com sketchy online inventory...

On the other hand, Home Depot's daily deals are sometimes truly worthwhile. And each time I visit a store (none nearby, sadly), I can find some good specials along with good clearance (orange tag) items. Becoming a Home Depot fan.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sadly all too true.

With Homedepot I actually have to get out and get some exercise to find the deals.  Did pick up Milwaukee18 gauge fuel cell angled nailer kit fir $100

With Lowes I hardly have to get out of bed.  All online shopping and searching and lot of the time sent to me cheaper than I can pick up locally.  Deals last 4-5 months are scarce though.   Lowes wins though (I'm lazy)

rated:
true especially their in-stock items that are never in stock half the time,,but i stopped buying @ HD years ago.

rated:
I shop at both.... I understand and feel it first hand at Lowe's and at HomeDepot.

HomeDepot is cheaper/disorganize/little help/hit and miss.

Lowes is a bit higher price/less products imo/A little more help but more saying "they no longer carry that".

Like the permeate pump for water filter, Homedepot actually offers it while Lowes doesn't. Homedepot also have rental... Lowes doesn't. But Lowes have decent coupon... Homedepot the only one I only see these few years are 10% off.

rated:
BTW, with coupons you are not limited on what to buy. Which is a good deal to me cause usually the one on sale/special of the day is not what I am looking to buy.

rated:
Have a ton of Lowe's gift cards sitting forever. (Purchased years ago, so it was prior to the scam cards people are selling now.) My plan is to have Lowes Price match Home Depot on something they have a pretty good deal on. (Or just buy $50 worth of stuff online as Op said. That usually meets or beats Home Depot anyways.)

rated:
Lowe's started not allowing online coupons. it is hard to also find secure and discounted (15%) Lowe's giftcards (even my digital paypal ones got stolen). so from these perspectives, Lowe's has lost its attractiveness to me. Also true about their clearance, I don't find any attractive clearance at Lowe's anymore. It is also true about their inventory issues for store pickup orders, your order can get cancelled easily. However homedepot barely had any of these incentives in the first place, so they are almost even to me now.

rated:
There's a thread over on SD that shows how to generate a 10% coupon for Lowe's that works pretty consistently for me. 10% isn't much but it's better than nothing! They also have the $10 off $50 codes pretty regularly, and very rarely they'll have the $50 off $250 but those are harder to come by.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017