• filter:

Using Walgreens rebate gift cards for prescriptions....or not

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Any work around for using Walgreens rebate gift cards for prescriptions. I had a stack of them and tried last week and they said coded so that I can't use. Any luck at the regular cash register? I guess I have to buy regular stuff to burn them off....

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
OK, if they're GIFT CARDS, either the plastic kind or eGiftCards printed on paper they should be accepted for prescriptions. But Register Rewards funds have certain restrictions and pretty much ANYTHING BEHIND THE PRESCRIPTION COUNTER seems to be one of them.

If they're the latter you can buy most stuff outside of the prescription counter with them. Of course, no gift / phone cards, magazines, lottery tickets, dairy and fruit juice (yes, they do include those as dairy) and a few other stuff are not allowed to be paid with those Register Rewards coupons or account funds.

rated:
maddybeagle said:    I guess I have to buy regular stuff to burn them off....

Yes, however, using a Walgreens money card will knock out earning new points & bonus points for the value of the card used.

For example, if there is a Bonus Points promotion if you buy more than $10 of regular stuff and you buy $18 or regular stuff and use a $10 Walgreens money card and $8 cash, you will not receive any bonus points and you will receive basic points for only the $8 cash you spent.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017