• filter:

Charvat v. Carnival et al Class action lawsuit....enter your # to see if you were called (qualify). Up to $900/line.

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx

Two of my three phone numbers were part of it, as was my FIL's number. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I did the same thing, and only the first one out of four worked.

Was your number that worked, the first one inputed? If... (more)

MilleniumBuc (Sep. 08, 2017 @ 10:35a) |

I did about 8 numbers. 3 of 8 were found. I don't think this is a scam but don't do it if you're nervous.

gremln007 (Sep. 08, 2017 @ 11:45a) |

According to Snopes the case is real. The settlement,depending on how many people claim it,might be considerably less th... (more)

uncartie (Sep. 08, 2017 @ 1:03p) |

The Settlement includes people who received pre-recorded telephone calls between July of 2009 and March of 2014 on their residential or cellular telephone lines
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Neat, an old number was on there.

Wow did I read right? $300 and you can file the same number up to 3 times?

rated:
Did they Target a region of the US?

rated:
My cell was in their db. Indeed, if your number registers in their db, register your number 3 times. Finally some relief from all of those robocalls.

rated:
Well, I had it in Hot Deals, since hundreds if not thousands would have been eligible....but hey, here in deal discussion where all three people took advantage of it works, too. 

*Sigh

rated:
Thanks, OP.

rated:
Two of my cell numbers included....good find.

rated:
ElephantNest said:   Well, I had it in Hot Deals, since hundreds if not thousands would have been eligible....but hey, here in deal discussion where all three people took advantage of it works, too. 

*Sigh

It isn't a HOT deal. 
It is a repost of info from the main Class Action thread.
LINK

rated:
ElephantNest said:   Well, I had it in Hot Deals, since hundreds if not thousands would have been eligible....but hey, here in deal discussion where all three people took advantage of it works, too. 

*Sigh

Class Actions go into Deal Discussion.
Always been that way for at least several years.

rated:
thanks OP, good thing as I did receive calls from cruise companies

rated:
One out of three numbers was eligible. It says you can file a claim up to three times per number which I did. My luck is they will disqualify my claim for multiple entries. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

rated:
busnut said:   My cell was in their db. Indeed, if your number registers in their db, register your number 3 times. Finally some relief from all of those robocalls.

Where does it say anything about registering 3 times?  

To me it looks like you register once and they check to see how many times you were called at that number:"If your claim is accepted, you will be compensated, based on Resort Marketing Group, Inc’s Call Records, for each call received to the phone number at a maximum of three calls. The value of each call is capped at $300. The most you can receive per telephone number is $900. If the number of claims filed does not allow for compensation at the maximum amount, then you will receive a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund after the payment of Attorneys’s Fees and Expenses, the Incentive Award, and Settlement Administration Expenses.You can confirm whether you received telemarketing calls that are part of this class on another residential or cellular telephone line during the class period via the Settlement Web-Site. You can file one claim per phone number and recover for up to three calls made to each line."

rated:
This is what I am reading "You can file one claim per phone number and recover for up to three calls made to each line."  Where are the few finding that you make three claims?

rated:
HappyGuy said:   
busnut said:   My cell was in their db. Indeed, if your number registers in their db, register your number 3 times. Finally some relief from all of those robocalls.

Where does it say anything about registering 3 times?  

To me it looks like you register once and they check to see how many times you were called at that number:"If your claim is accepted, you will be compensated, based on Resort Marketing Group, Inc’s Call Records, for each call received to the phone number at a maximum of three calls. The value of each call is capped at $300. The most you can receive per telephone number is $900. If the number of claims filed does not allow for compensation at the maximum amount, then you will receive a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund after the payment of Attorneys’s Fees and Expenses, the Incentive Award, and Settlement Administration Expenses.You can confirm whether you received telemarketing calls that are part of this class on another residential or cellular telephone line during the class period via the Settlement Web-Site. You can file one claim per phone number and recover for up to three calls made to each line."

That is what I am reading, you make one claim and you will be compensated up to three calls made to that number

rated:
well, thanks OP, hope it is worth the time, at least Somebody has ALL my info now....

rated:
Thanks OP. Search revealed couple of old numbers active during the time period mentioned. Submitted claim only once as it mentioned the claim will pay upto 3 calls max as per their records.

rated:
wow the site is getting hammered

rated:
forbin4040 said:   wow the site is getting hammered
  It has been broadcasted by the local news stations, they probably have a much larger audience than deal websites....

rated:
Thanks OP. 3 hits within immediate family.

rated:
Website smooth as silk here. TY OP GREEN!

Checks in ~6 months?

rated:
How do we know this is legit? Seems like a great way for them to harvest name, address, phone and email. Will they sell those?

rated:
I recall vividly getting those calls. I said "Hello" and got a horn blasting in my ear! I'm hoping for reasonable compensation.

rated:
CouponClippen said:   

*Sigh

It isn't a HOT deal. 
LINK

On page 68.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   

*Sigh

Class Actions go into Deal Discussion.
Always been that way for at least several years.

Rgr that, thanks. Now I know.

rated:
IF I get $300 or more it'll be my biggest recompense of this sort.

Over under on timeline of payouts?

rated:
ElephantNest said:   
CouponClippen said:   

*Sigh

It isn't a HOT deal. 
LINK

On page 68.

Yep. That is 68 pages of class actions/updates and discussion.
You are a little late to the party.

rated:
Ok paint me an idiot.

Do I have to apply 3 different times per phone number to get $900???

rated:
gasaver said:   How do we know this is legit? Seems like a great way for them to harvest name, address, phone and email. Will they sell those?
This is my concern as well

rated:
0 for 5 here. I recall getting called by them some years ago. Probably some cell phone I don't have now. Oh well.

rated:
When you're checking numbers, don't forget to check for any prior area codes on numbers that were in locations where an area code split happened.  I know the area code where I live has been split a couple of times over the years.

rated:
Wow I had like 20 prerecorded messages from carrival cruise . I had to disconnect my answering machine. And all in like a months time. I hope the pay for the annoying calls and calling in 1hours of the evening when it is illegal to call after 8 pm. I hope I get something out of this settlement. They are such pains . We don't even have our machine on anymore due to all the tell marketing calls.

rated:
How does it work if there are multiple claimants for the same phone number? For instance, is a family of three that lives together able to make three separate claims for the same home phone number if they all use the home landline?

rated:
Thank you! One of my phone numbers qualified.

rated:
draculatreeforest said:   How does it work if there are multiple claimants for the same phone number? For instance, is a family of three that lives together able to make three separate claims for the same home phone number if they all use the home landline?
  Whoever owns the phone number is the one who will get the money, or simply put, whoever the bill's name is in. People with 15 kids, both grandparents, 16 uncles and aunts, all living in the same house, are not all scoring.

rated:
do i get text confirmation in future?

rated:
zapjb said:   Ok paint me an idiot.

Do I have to apply 3 different times per phone number to get $900???

this is the text that was at the bottom of the printable copy of my claim form :

"If your claim is accepted, you will be compensated, based on Resort Marketing Group, Inc’s Call Records, for each call received to the phone number at a maximum of three calls. The value of each call is capped at $300. The most you can receive per telephone number is $900. If the number of claims filed does not allow for compensation at the maximum amount, then you will receive a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund after the payment of Attorneys’s Fees and Expenses, the Incentive Award, and Settlement Administration Expenses.You can confirm whether you received telemarketing calls that are part of this class on another residential or cellular telephone line during the class period via the Settlement Web-Site. You can file one claim per phone number and recover for up to three calls made to each line."

rated:
This implies you only need to sign up once per phone number.

rated:
homerj31 said:   
gasaver said:   How do we know this is legit? Seems like a great way for them to harvest name, address, phone and email. Will they sell those?
This is my concern as well

Any info on this?

rated:
Thanks FW members who concisely answered my question.

Skipping 13 Messages...
rated:
According to Snopes the case is real. The settlement,depending on how many people claim it,might be considerably less than $900.00. Is There a Class Action Lawsuit for People Who Got Robocalls From Cruise Companies? 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017