• filter:

Use Sears Surprize Points to "Buy" Low Priced Items For Nearly Free

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
If you have a Sears account, you can also earn and use points that can be used on future purchases. About every couple weeks I get an e-mail with Surprize points. I take advantage of $8 off any $8 purchase (or similar) to buy fitness weights. Over the past six months I have picked up (literally, to avoid shipping) over 70 pounds of weight plates for about $7. I generally get 2.5 to 10 pound plates for 50 cents or less. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
At the risk of being confused for a Brit, they are actually "Surprise Points". Apart from that, yes, those SYWR points can enable some crazy deals at both Sears and Kmart (if you're lucky enough to live near stores that haven't already closed down). Occasionally other SYWR promotions provide additional "bonus points" that effectively make some items cost near $0 as well. But it's all kind of tapering down now, as the Kmart/Sears saga nears it's inevitable end...

rated:
Lately all my surprise points have been between 5-10 off $25 - $50+

rated:
bb6619 said:   Lately all my surprise points have been between 5-10 off $25 - $50+
  Ditto

rated:

Email (506.26kB)
Disclaimer

This is what I get. 

rated:
I got these $7 off $7, etc offers when I first started using SYW. Then after about 6 months they are now $9 off $40, etc. Get it while you can OP.

rated:
The more "loyal" a customer you are the worse the point offers get.
I often receive offers for $3 in surprise pts if I spend $100.

rated:
I do all of the ShopYourWay instant win contests daily (there are a lot but I don't actively focus on them in one sitting, I just sit the phone on the coffee table to hit the spin button every now and then while I'm doing something else). I tend to build up anywhere from $15-20 every two weeks by doing all of them, which I can use on anything at Sears, and I usually hit Sears every other Wednesday (sort of scheduled visit) to collect my merchandise reward. I think I'll be using my next round on an oil change.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   The more "loyal" a customer you are the worse the point offers get.
I often receive offers for $3 in surprise pts if I spend $100.

Maybe now that is the case but it didn't used to be. I had a SYW account from years ago and had not used it nearly at all, but a couple years ago they kept on giving me $25 in Surprise points on a $25 purchase of qualifying items. I must have got that offer 3 times. I bought a bunch of bath towels and bathroom mats with it, but lately nothing so generous.

rated:
I used to have lots of surprise points in the past, but I have received none in last 6 months.

rated:
snnistle said:   If you have a Sears account, you can also earn and use points that can be used on future purchases. About every couple weeks I get an e-mail with Surprize points. I take advantage of $8 off any $8 purchase (or similar) to buy fitness weights. Over the past six months I have picked up (literally, to avoid shipping) over 70 pounds of weight plates for about $7. I generally get 2.5 to 10 pound plates for 50 cents or less. 

Then get sued for exploiting a computer glitch to steal.  The problem in such scenarios is that the defendant is almost always indigent compared to a chain (and the state prosecutor, because in such cases the cause of corporations is often taken up by the state, framing things as theft, where you're now (a) dealing with criminal charges, (b) the chain transfers the expense of prosecution to the public, and (c) because of (a) and (b) defendants may often be forced to settle to avoid sentences that threaten their lives.  Such as in the Lowe's case, a good trick is always to implicate the families, so that the main Target can be forced to settle just to let family members off the hook.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/15/couple...

rated:
m2go said:   
snnistle said:   If you have a Sears account, you can also earn and use points that can be used on future purchases. About every couple weeks I get an e-mail with Surprize points. I take advantage of $8 off any $8 purchase (or similar) to buy fitness weights. Over the past six months I have picked up (literally, to avoid shipping) over 70 pounds of weight plates for about $7. I generally get 2.5 to 10 pound plates for 50 cents or less. 

Then get sued for exploiting a computer glitch to steal.  The problem in such scenarios is that the defendant is almost always indigent compared to a chain (and the state prosecutor, because in such cases the cause of corporations is often taken up by the state, framing things as theft, where you're now (a) dealing with criminal charges, (b) the chain transfers the expense of prosecution to the public, and (c) because of (a) and (b) defendants may often be forced to settle to avoid sentences that threaten their lives.  Such as in the Lowe's case, a good trick is always to implicate the families, so that the main Target can be forced to settle just to let family members off the hook.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/15/couple-used-website-glitch-try-scam-lowes-out-258-000-merchandise-authorities-say/571478001/

While details on the Lowes story are sparse, I don't see any comparison or reason to think that the apparent 'pulling at all straws' effort by Sears Holdings  is a computer glitch.  I suppose that using any points at Sears or Kmart is fraud, because if I make a purchase and elect to use any points to pay, any surprise points that apply to the purchase get applied first, so I can't use any other points I have without using the surprise points. All participants in a criminal act bear equal criminal responsibility for any crimes committed, For example, if multiple people rob a bank and someone is shot, everyone participating in the act of robbing the bank is equally criminally responsible, even if only one participant had a gun and pulled the trigger without the knowledge or action of any other participants.  Maybe you should try to report Sears for committing fraud by offering the surprise points that customers are committing fraud by using.
I guess those $10 off $10 coupons Sports Authority emailed me in the year before they liquidated also constituted fraud on my part when I actually redeemed them.  And, it seems that Fatwallet is engaging in fraud, because it facilitates people's use of offers made by companies, the use of which, I guess, are all fraud.
By the way, I think I saw something about JC Penny giving out $10 off $10 coupons at their stores today.  There's none near me (well, JC Penny isn't that far away, at least what's left of him), but would anyone here care to confess to having comitted fraud today?

rated:
cows123 said:   
m2go said:   

Then get sued for exploiting a computer glitch to steal.  The problem in such scenarios is that the defendant is almost always indigent compared to a chain (and the state prosecutor, because in such cases the cause of corporations is often taken up by the state, framing things as theft, where you're now (a) dealing with criminal charges, (b) the chain transfers the expense of prosecution to the public, and (c) because of (a) and (b) defendants may often be forced to settle to avoid sentences that threaten their lives.  Such as in the Lowe's case, a good trick is always to implicate the families, so that the main Target can be forced to settle just to let family members off the hook.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/15/couple-used-website-glitch-try-scam-lowes-out-258-000-merchandise-authorities-say/571478001/

While details on the Lowes story are sparse, I don't see any comparison or reason to think that the apparent 'pulling at all straws' effort by Sears Holdings  is a computer glitch.  I suppose that using any points at Sears or Kmart is fraud, because if I make a purchase and elect to use any points to pay, any surprise points that apply to the purchase get applied first, so I can't use any other points I have without using the surprise points. All participants in a criminal act bear equal criminal responsibility for any crimes committed, For example, if multiple people rob a bank and someone is shot, everyone participating in the act of robbing the bank is equally criminally responsible, even if only one participant had a gun and pulled the trigger without the knowledge or action of any other participants.  Maybe you should try to report Sears for committing fraud by offering the surprise points that customers are committing fraud by using.
I guess those $10 off $10 coupons Sports Authority e,ailed me in the year before liquidated also constituted fraud on my part when I actually redeemed them.  And, it seems that Fatwallet is, itself, engaging in fraud, because it has a whole "Coupons & Deals" site facilitating people's use of offers made by companies, the use of which, I guess, are all fraud.
By the way, I think I saw something about JC Penny giving out $10 off $10 coupons at their stores today.  There's none near me, but would anyone here care to confess to having comitted fraud today?

No. In this case, the charges (and resultant sentences) would be  different. e.g. 1st degree murder and accessory to murder in the 1st degree.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017