• filter:

Cheap TIRES FOR SONATA?

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Looking for just 1 tire since looks like sidewall cracking. Not sure if michelin would cover under warranty?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?filtering=t...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Unfortunately it's a donut.

needhelpplease (Aug. 20, 2017 @ 9:49p) |

they are not  significantly worn, but have dry rot.

needhelpplease (Aug. 21, 2017 @ 3:27p) |

Got $45 back for it tread warranty/ ozone ??. It will be still $90/ tire b/c i had to rebuy Michelin brand to get the ma... (more)

needhelpplease (Aug. 21, 2017 @ 11:43p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Try tires.com. How old is your car? I usually go to Discount Tire/American Tire to get their coverage for all 4 tires. It covers replacement if it can't be repaired.

rated:
hmm did buy it @ DT 3 y.o hope I get some credt.

rated:
mokiavelli said:   It covers replacement if it can't be repaired.
  
is it automatic/free?

rated:
I used to always buy Michelin - last 2 cars with them had to me excessive cracking even between the tread sections. Now use Kumho and Nankook - have seen cracking on them. I am in FL which I suspect is hard on tires due to UV damage.

rated:
wolfgangdieter said:   I used to always buy Michelin - last 2 cars with them had to me excessive cracking even between the tread sections. Now use Kumho and Nankook - have seen cracking on them. I am in FL which I suspect is hard on tires due to UV damage.
  i'm in AZ. Worse dry heat

rated:
While I know they are from China, I have had excellent service from Kumho replacement tires over the years.
I have found that Discount Tire has been more than fair to me for almost 15 years now. I dont buy the
extended warranty yet wife hit something and tire was unfix able yet DT prorated it for us on a replacement tire.

rated:
No DT warranty is not free.

Michelin warranty would prorate coverage. Likely cannot put on 1 new tire with three three year old tires due to wear, will need at least two.

DT will tell you.

rated:
If you bought the tire through DT, it most likely includes the coverage, unless you declined it.

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   While I know they are from China, I have had excellent service from Kumho replacement tires over the years.
I have found that Discount Tire has been more than fair to me for almost 15 years now. I dont buy the
extended warranty yet wife hit something and tire was unfix able yet DT prorated it for us on a replacement tire.

  
Kumho is a Korean company, not Chinese. They do manufacture some tires in China (3 of their 8 factories are in China)

rated:
mokiavelli said:   If you bought the tire through DT, it most likely includes the coverage, unless you declined it.
  
why would one decline?

rated:
EradicateSpam said:   No DT warranty is not free.

Michelin warranty would prorate coverage. Likely cannot put on 1 new tire with three three year old tires due to wear, will need at least two.

DT will tell you.

 
hmm. What if I insist on one?

 Any good sites to PM too.??walmart's cheapest are $60 ea.

rated:
If you just need one you may be able to find a match at bestusedtires.com... i have bought full sets from them before without issue. even had them cancel an order before their final inspection because one of the tires did not pass their tests. Can save a lot of money there esp if you just need one.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   
EradicateSpam said:   No DT warranty is not free.

Michelin warranty would prorate coverage. Likely cannot put on 1 new tire with three three year old tires due to wear, will need at least two.

DT will tell you.

 
hmm. What if I insist on one?

 Any good sites to PM too.??walmart's cheapest are $60 ea.

  No idea what you are saying.  Read your receipt, it shows if you paid for the warranty or not.  Or just go to Discount Tire and let them inspection your 4 tires for free, look up your purchase, and tell you your options.  
You cannot add 1 dissimilar tire to 3 Michelins...

rated:
If you insist on only purchasing one tire and the others are significantly worn, they will tell you it's unsafe and to take your business elsewhere - they don't want the liability inherent in allowing you to do something stupid.
That said, if you instead buy online, have new tire shipped to you, then take it to a gas station and ask them to mount it - then you can do something stupid with no questions asked.
Here's some info from TireRackhttps://blog.tirerack.com/blog/docs-advice-on-tires/replacing-tw...
 

rated:
needhelpplease said:   Looking for just 1 tire since looks like sidewall cracking. Not sure if michelin would cover under warranty?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?filtering=true&width=215%2F&ratio=60&diameter=16&autoMake=Hyundai&autoYear=2010&autoModel=Sonata%204%20Cylinder&autoModClar=GLS&sortCode=45400&tireIndex=0#allTitle


If I have enough thread on 3 tires and just 1 to be replaced this is what I do or recommend

Option 1: 
1. Check your spare tire. if its NOT a donut tire use that spare tire.
2. Buy a used tire as your Spare tire as of now
3. When time comes to change the rest of 3 tires then get 4 tires. 
    Compare the thread level on step 1 and step 2 then decide which one to keep.
    Tires have life time of 10 years or so and I hope you know

Option 2:

If your spare tire is Donut tire then just go to Discount Tire and buy 1 tire alone.
When all remaining 3 are worn out then while replacing them, get 4 of them
Whatever you bought now will go as spare tire during 4 tire replacement

rated:
DT warranty is an opt-in and costs around $30/tire or $120 for all 4. It also only covers up to 3 years from date of purchase. I agree with others. Check your receipt or call DT to check warranty status. Also study exclusions so you don't disqualify yourself when talking with a rep - https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates

 Finally ebates has 3% cashback for DT if you need to buy a new set.

rated:
We did not take the road hazard extended warranty because of the added cost at DT. Yet they still pro-rated wife's bad tire which was just a bit over a year old at the time. Perhaps they did so because we had whitewalls (on her Grand Marquis) and they did not have another whitewall in the brand she bought anymore as a replacement so DT did replace the tire with a different brand (Goodyear because it was the only whitewall they had in stock in that size) for the one tire that does not match the other 3 tires now.  We keep the Goodyear on the back drive wheel anyway for the best traction (even though she has traction control on the car).

Traction control on these cars is not POSI-Traction, it is accomplished with the Anti-Lock brakes feature which is different than POSI.

.Perhaps they would not mix tire brands if it was a front-wheel drive vehicle.

And no, we don't rotate the tires (even though it is free at DT) because of the odd tire but we don't really care at this point.

rated:
HideAndSeek said:   DT warranty is an opt-in and costs around $30/tire or $120 for all 4. It also only covers up to 3 years from date of purchase. I agree with others. Check your receipt or call DT to check warranty status. Also study exclusions so you don't disqualify yourself when talking with a rep - https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates
 

  
what's the basic "free" warranty cover?  

rated:
anusha123 said:   
needhelpplease said:   Looking for just 1 tire since looks like sidewall cracking. Not sure if michelin would cover under warranty?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?filtering=true&width=215%2F&ratio=60&diameter=16&autoMake=Hyundai&autoYear=2010&autoModel=Sonata%204%20Cylinder&autoModClar=GLS&sortCode=45400&tireIndex=0#allTitle


If I have enough thread on 3 tires and just 1 to be replaced this is what I do or recommend

Option 1: 
1. Check your spare tire. if its NOT a donut tire use that spare tire.
2. Buy a used tire as your Spare tire as of now
3. When time comes to change the rest of 3 tires then get 4 tires. 
    Compare the thread level on step 1 and step 2 then decide which one to keep.
    Tires have life time of 10 years or so and I hope you know

Option 2:

If your spare tire is Donut tire then just go to Discount Tire and buy 1 tire alone.
When all remaining 3 are worn out then while replacing them, get 4 of them
Whatever you bought now will go as spare tire during 4 tire replacement

  
Unfortunately it's a donut. 

rated:
mikk1 said:   If you insist on only purchasing one tire and the others are significantly worn, they will tell you it's unsafe and to take your business elsewhere - they don't want the liability inherent in allowing you to do something stupid.
That said, if you instead buy online, have new tire shipped to you, then take it to a gas station and ask them to mount it - then you can do something stupid with no questions asked.
Here's some info from TireRack - https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/docs-advice-on-tires/replacing-two-tires-at-a-time-heres-what-you-need-to-know

  
they are not  significantly worn, but have dry rot.

rated:
Got $45 back for it tread warranty/ ozone ??. It will be still $90/ tire b/c i had to rebuy Michelin brand to get the manu. warranty??? But atleast I only have to buy one.

Anyone want to help me find a good PM for Michelin Tires - 205/65R16 95H

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sx_as?rh=n%3A15684181%2Cn%3A%211569...

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017