• filter:

Buy Auto Parts Website

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Have anyone of you dealt with http://www.buyautoparts.com/
They seem like a legit site. Based on the site, they have been in business from 1987 and online business from 2001. 

Prices for parts are really competitive compared to advanced auto. Advanced auto parts cant even meet Buy Auto Parts website price point with AAP coupons codes. The only advantage I see with AAP is they have a BnM stores all over the town which makes online order returns free. 

Let me know if anyone has any experience with BuyAutoParts. On the site note buyautoparts are also on Amazon.com

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It seems to be 3 or 4 auto parts companies in the same building.

BuyAutoParts.com appears to be used parts from this listing
https://localautosalvage.com/california/Buy-Auto-Parts-1632391

rated:
I checked their price for an A/C compressor for a 2004 Honda CRV: a brand new OEM compressor is $699.66 with free shipping, a new BUYAUTOPARTS Compressor w/ Clutch is $119.97. Quite a difference and their compressor comes with a 1 year warranty (no mileage limit). However, check some reviews on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/buy-auto-parts-san-diego-5

I can get a remanufactured compressor (which is what Buyautoparts is selling for $119.97, for about $175 (using a discount code) from Advance Auto with easy in store return if necessary.

rated:
I use www.1AAuto.com . They have install videos on thousands of parts and customer service is the best I've experienced after using a few other places. Pricing is also really good. No i do not work for them, I just feel strongly about a place I can rely on.

rated:
bobbybore said:   I checked their price for an A/C compressor for a 2004 Honda CRV: a brand new OEM compressor is $699.66 with free shipping, a new BUYAUTOPARTS Compressor w/ Clutch is $119.97. Quite a difference and their compressor comes with a 1 year warranty (no mileage limit). However, check some reviews on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/buy-auto-parts-san-diego-5 

I can get a remanufactured compressor (which is what Buyautoparts is selling for $119.97, for about $175 (using a discount code) from Advance Auto with easy in store return if necessary.

That is exactly what i checked, AC compressor with clutch for my 2002 golf 2 ltr. AAP is selling a new one for $310 and after their recent coupon of 35% off(max $50) dropped it to $270. But a similar one on BUYAUTOPARTS is $149, they say it is new. It could be remanufactured? They have six part kit of AC components for $300. AAP cant beat that.  

rated:
I just checked them out. No good for what I need.
It did not ask me for a sub model truck or what engine. I selected 2005 ford f series and the part was Fan Clutch.
It showed me one fan clutch for a 6.0L engine at a price of $179.
I need one for a 4.2L engine and the cost at Advance Auto is $59 less the 35% off coupon. It will be delivered today.

I also checked a a/c compressor just for fun. this time it did ask for sub model and engine size.
Buy Auto Parts - reman at $144
Advance Auto - reman at $182 less $50 coupon = 132
But a compressor isn't a very good part to price because there are so many different possible applications and many different brand names.

I checked a stater
BAP - new unknown brand = $140
AAP - new Motorcraft = $125 after coupon. Carquest = $124 AC. Carquest HD (cheaper looking starter) = $65 AC

Lower control arm for 05 f150
AAP = $122
BAP = $160

rated:
I use RockAuto

rated:
https://www.am-autoparts.com/ is pretty good too, they also sell on eBay and sometimes the price is lower there for some odd reason.

rated:
Kirkwan said:   I use RockAuto
  Well, I am in the market for ac compressor for my 2002 golf gl. The price point at rockauto is also around the same price point of $150 - $250, Denso being the expensive of all at $250.

AAP has ToughOne for $270

Now, which one should i buy? Should I pay $250 thinking maybe it is new and not remanufactured? Would the re manufactured ones last for few years?

rated:
ionxchanger said:   Have anyone of you dealt with http://www.buyautoparts.com/ 
They seem like a legit site. Based on the site, they have been in business from 1987 and online business from 2001. 

Prices for parts are really competitive compared to advanced auto. Advanced auto parts cant even meet Buy Auto Parts website price point with AAP coupons codes. The only advantage I see with AAP is they have a BnM stores all over the town which makes online order returns free. 

Let me know if anyone has any experience with BuyAutoParts. On the site note buyautoparts are also on Amazon. com

If the part works, you should be OK. If the part doesn't work, good luck. You'll need it.

rated:
ionxchanger said:   
Kirkwan said:   I use RockAuto
  Well, I am in the market for ac compressor for my 2002 golf gl. The price point at rockauto is also around the same price point of $150 - $250, Denso being the expensive of all at $250.

AAP has ToughOne for $270

Now, which one should i buy? Should I pay $250 thinking maybe it is new and not remanufactured? Would the re manufactured ones last for few years?

AAP reman has same warranty as BAP new. One year. New at AAP is lifetime.

rated:
My experience with autoparts is the harder to install & more critical the part. The more willing I am to pay more for new & oem.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017