• filter:

Protein Powders: How to avoid fake products?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Not long ago, I bought a container of protein powder, a well known brand, from a reputable store.  I came home, took the shrink wrapped label off, and unscrewed the jar, and noticed that unlike previous containers, there was no safety seal on this one.  There is usually a cardboard seal over the new jar after unscrewing the lid.  I google searched this, and learned that it was likely a counterfeit item.  (I also emailed the manufacturer and sent additional information and to my recollection it was confirmed counterfeit.)  That led me to google search my other favorite protein powders and supplements with the word, "fake," or "counterfeit," and I learned how common it is to buy fake protein powder.

My question is, who else is aware of this and what steps do you take to ensure you get the real thing?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
That's EXACTLY what happens without Government regulation of any kind. Even as few as it has, a tin of Ovaltine is made (by Nestlé) under more regulation than any of the protein powders or any nutritional supplement for that matter...

The Government (who've you pay taxes for) will not help there (too many financial intere$t$ out there lobbying successfully). people has to STAND FOR THEIR RIGHTS ON THEIR OWN.

rated:
I would return it and say it was used.

rated:
I view any powder made in China as unsafe.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017