• filter:

DirectTV deals?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
What's the best luck you've had getting a deal with DirectTV? (Over chat? By phone? An AT&The store?)

I had Time Warner Cable and disliked them then. . . Really hating the new version, Spectrum. My bill recently jumped significantly. After multiple phone calls lasting between 45 and 70 minutes, I'm still paying $10 more each month for fewer channels. Now I've had enough. I'd cut the cord completely and stream online only, but cable or satellite are the only ways I've found to watch local team baseball home games.

Any advice or experiences would be welcome.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Many deals for new customers. Even better deals if you are an AT&T Wireless customer, or port over.

Existing customers, you need to talk to retentions or play roulette and cancel service. Typically they send you a better offer once you cancel to get you back.

If you want local content, look at DIRECTV NOW or Google TV or Sling TV. Or an HD antenna.

rated:
Costco gives the best gift Card for sign ups.
If you have AT&T CellPhone, then you can get a really good 24 month deal (not 12 which is normal).
Direct TV now is good if you have Playon to record it.

rated:
I've been a long-time DirecTV customer and have always been very satisfied at the discounts I received by calling "customer loyalty," although it's a bit of a pain calling every few months and asking "what kind of deals do you have to get my bill down and keep me from canceling."  Last year they offered $50/mo off for 12 months which brought my bill down considerably.  When this one expired, I called up, and the best they could do was $10/mo off.  I wasn't too happy, but they said call back next month as the promotions constantly change.  Keeping my fingers crossed for a better offer next month.  

rated:
herbc said:   I've been a long-time DirecTV customer and have always been very satisfied at the discounts I received by calling "customer loyalty," although it's a bit of a pain calling every few months and asking "what kind of deals do you have to get my bill down and keep me from canceling."  Last year they offered $50/mo off for 12 months which brought my bill down considerably.  When this one expired, I called up, and the best they could do was $10/mo off.  I wasn't too happy, but they said call back next month as the promotions constantly change.  Keeping my fingers crossed for a better offer next month.  
  Of course they renew your term for 2 years...so you are guaranteed stuck for 2 years once you decide to leave.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017