• filter:

Wells Fargo Class Action $142M settlement

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
"As part of our commitment to make things right, we have entered into a $142 million class action settlement related to the opening of unauthorized accounts.
If you believe Wells Fargo opened a checking, savings, credit card, or line of credit account for you without your permission, or if you purchased identity theft protection from us, you may be entitled to compensation from this fund. "

Go to www.WFSettlement.com or call 1-866-431-8549. 

You may be eligible for reimbursement of fees, compensation for potential impact on your credit, and an additional cash payment based on any money remaining in the fund after benefits and costs are paid out.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How would you know if they opened an account without permission? I thought that this information was not disclosed to consumers.

rated:
Now, who is too big to fail??!! effing WF.

I can only hope they pay Billions of dollars back in future. WF, Atleast help people who are suffering from Harvey

rated:
This is a crooked bank and I hope they go under and just disappear from the entire solar system!!!!

rated:
"As part of our commitment to make things right, we have entered into a $142 million class action settlement related to the opening of unauthorized accounts.
If you believe Wells Fargo opened a checking, savings, credit card, or line of credit account for you without your permission, or if you purchased identity theft protection from us, you may be entitled to compensation from this fund. "

BULLSHIT!!!  They already know exactly who they did this to and payments should be large and automatic!

rated:
All corporate including all financial, telecom, pharma and high tech companies are money oriented and behaving unethically. It is big lobbying and no one understands how that works. WF was caught and not many. See Google's list: https://www.quora.com/What-are-examples-of-Google-acting-unethic...
http://www.dickmeister.com/id411.html

rated:
The funny thing is that they continue to do that since the last incident. They set the sale goal too high. The employees who don't want to lose their jobs are tempted to open unauthorized accounts.

rated:
ionxchanger said:   Now, who is too big to fail??!! effing WF.

I can only hope they pay Billions of dollars back in future. WF, Atleast help people who are suffering from Harvey

Wells Fargo donates $1 million for Hurricane Harvey relief
  https://www.housingwire.com/articles/41108-wells-fargo-and-jpmor...

rated:
"Wells Fargo donates $1 million for Hurricane Harvey relief"

The new word is: WTWF? (What The Wells Fargo?)

Now that we're into the subject of a company GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED and TRYING to do it right for a change... What if WF (they have clients here under the Reliable Financial name) offered at least U$500K for a relief fund for Puerto Rico BEFORE Hurricane Irma passes ( ~ 100mi. or so) just to the north... That could tell REAL good intentions.

rated:
"In for one". LOL

rated:
Rubl said:   How would you know if they opened an account without permission? I thought that this information was not disclosed to consumers.
  I just moved and got a letter from Wells Fargo stating that they received my updated address and have updated my checking account details. I never opened any checking accounts with them!

rated:
DesiVibe said:   
Rubl said:   How would you know if they opened an account without permission? I thought that this information was not disclosed to consumers.
  I just moved and got a letter from Wells Fargo stating that they received my updated address and have updated my checking account details. I never opened any checking accounts with them!

Tell them you're closing the account and you want the money in it transferred to your real bank. I'd be curious as to what was in this fake account and how they handle the request.

rated:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170911005934/en/Wells-Fa... 
Wells Fargo Donates $1.1 Million for Hurricane Irma Relief

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017