• filter:

Plex.tv PROMO code? or better way to play google drive movies on roku?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
trying  to play my google drive movies on roku

Found this: 

https://plex.tv/subscription/new?plan=lifetime

I'd settle for a good mirroring solution from my pc/phone 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Why not spend 30 bucks on a google Chromecast then you can stream easily? I have both a Roku and a google Chromecast. I use both in different ways. I'm an early adopter of both (have had Roku nearly since it was available and Chromecast since day 1). I cut the cable TV cord back in 2003 - yeah...way before anyone else thought of doing it. Go to TargetBest BuyAmazon - or literally about anywhere and get a Chromecast and stream away. Good luck.

rated:
I have a chromecast. Looking for an all in one ez solution for kids/wife.

rated:
Why not copy the movies to a local drive (NAS or attached to a device/computer) and stream from there? That would cut down on your internet data usage as well.

rated:
It doesn't look like google has any kind of direct gdrive apps for the streamers to do just this. Theres a few workarounds but most require depending on another device for bridging. For PCs gdrive is good but not for streamers.

If the movies are kept in an mp4 format that is 4.1 baseline or less and stereo sound you could keep them on a local nas/cloud device or router with USB stick that can serve them up via DLNA. Pretty much all the streamers can do 4.1 in hardware and would not require any kind of transcoding hardware to serve it. If you download movies from groups that do quality encodes they may use a higher profile encode and thus not be handled by streamers. This was my main problem with Anime fansubs and required me to initially move to a PC based plex server. Since then I have instead gone with a "my cloud" NAS and simply use a mini-pc (MSI Cubi) as my playback box on the TV. This could also solve your problem as you would simply view your movies in a web browser from the mini-PC.

rated:
Amazon Fire stick running KODI has played every movie I threw at it.
I store them on my file server.
I am not sure if you can run KODI on Roku but check if it might work

rated:
I run a desktop pc with HDMI out to the TV as a 2nd monitor using Teamviewer to control the desktop with my laptop.

rated:
JonnyRock said:   Amazon Fire stick running KODI has played every movie I threw at it.

Can Kodi play Video_ts files ?

rated:
JonnyRock said:   Amazon Fire stick running KODI has played every movie I threw at it.

can kodi stream from my google drive? 
will try  this 
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/kodi-roku/

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

Can Kodi play Video_ts files ?

Kodi and VLC have played practically everything I've thrown at them. That said, there may be formats they don't support that I've yet to come across.
OP, have your tried BubbleUPnP? It's an awesome tool with much better DLNA support than almost anything else I have used. Has a lot of streaming media support.

rated:
PLEX FTW

rated:

Couldn't find Kodi Fire App?  

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmobil...

rated:
i love plex media server on a device(pc, NAS device or even a sbc) and roku. The plex app on roku is ultimate. If all the devices are in the same(private home) network, plex free version works.

If u want to stream from your phone not living on wifi, you might need the plex pass which might not be free

rated:
Chromcast requires a smart phone for each tv you have it plugged into...it will do nothing without a smart phone & their app.

rated:
I bought a unit with Kodi and its very complicated to access the movies.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   

Couldn't find Kodi Fire App?  

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmobile-apps&field-keywords=kodi&rh=n%3A2350149011%2Ck%3Akodi

HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire Stick

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017