• filter:

Suggestions for a high quality SAFE

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Looking to purchase a Safe. Need 2 cubic feet of space or more. Prefer biometric or digital with key. Not a fan of combo lock. Fireproof & Waterproof a must. $350-450 budget. Reviews online are so all over the place. It will be used to store some documents like passport, birth certificates, rings, money, etc.... No guns. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Don't know about safe brands but Biometric SUCKS.

rated:
Don't think $400 is going to get much. Are you going to secure it to a surface? Even so I'd want it to weigh ~500lbs or more. I would suggest a box at a financial institution instead. I'd say used $800 at best closer to $2k & $200 to deliver. For me it has to be sledgehammer proof.

rated:
If you are a Costco member they have a number of safes for sale.

rated:
Electronic safes are more vulnerable, not to being opened by burglars (they're much better in that respect) but to physical and electrical attack that will prevent anybody from opening them without saws or drills.  

The best protection from fire is burial in the foundation.  But don't expect any media made of plastic ( CDs, tape, DVD, or even flash drives) or hard drives to survive even the safe has a 3-hour UL fire rating.  I think there's even a separate "money" rating that's even better, but I don't know if it's from UL.  I don't know about a rating for storage of ammo or explosives, which is probably even stricter.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017