• filter:

Texas woman uses "extreme couponing" to help hurricane victims

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-antonio-mom-uses-extreme-couponing-to-help-hurricane-harvey-victims/ i

Kmberly Gager's garage is filled with so many boxes and miscellaneous products for Hurricane Harvey victims she can't park there any more.

Laundry detergent, soap, diapers, baby wipes, formula — you name it, the San Antonio woman has bought it. She never misses out on a sale.

The woman, who has been "extreme couponing" for about five years, says she's now using her unique skills to help those in need.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I would call that Hoarding, not couponing..haha

But still, nice of her to give it all up to needy people.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   I would call that Hoarding, not couponing..haha

Give up is not hoarding.... she did hoard, now she using what she hoarded for people in need.  Here, we call that stocking up.  LOL

It's great what she is doing.  Next is transportation, someone might help her transporting those goods to where it is needed.

rated:

Call it what you want but when done correctly you can stock up on plenty.
One year $30,000+ of product cost me $3300 (excluding sales tax) at Walgreen's alone. Almost $61,000 for the year with computer/printers/groceries/clothing/HBA products and my OOP was $10,719. 

rated:
how much mustard and body wash can those of us hit by the hurricane use?

rated:
skh12 said:   how much mustard and body wash can those of us hit by the hurricane use?
  Mustard I'm not sure.

But Body Wash?  A LOT!  Those people must smell real bad by now.

rated:
isn't this what most of us used to do with FAR paper from Staples, om/OD?

i have wondered if a person could build an igloo to live in on case paper.

Wads

rated:

it's a fine line between hoarding and stocking. good to see her using her powers for good.
now we just need those charity events at gentlemen clubs. stripping for Harvey and Irma victims!

rated:
She doesn't have to wait for the next hurricane to put her coupon finds to good use.

There are food pantries and homeless shelters who would be delighted with what she's found--and she could clear out what she doesn't need every few months.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017