• filter:

YMMV: Google is replacing defective Nexus 6P units with Pixel XLs for FREE

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Google is replacing defective Nexus 6P units with Pixel XLs, but only in North AmericaGoogle will replace your phone if they were purchased thru google only but YMMV.

LINK TO THE ARTICLE 

Few of my friends have gotten confirmation for free replacement since there were battery issue with boot loop.

and Yes, one of them has phone that is almost 2 years old that means it is out of warranty.

Good luck~

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I did this on Wednesday night and have a Pixel XL on the way, not sure how long Google will keep doing this.

rated:
Only for 6P? I have a Nexus 6, not sure if can do the same deal.

rated:
jimmax said:   Only for 6P? I have a Nexus 6, not sure if can do the same deal.
  Is your Nexus 6 battery having issues or something that is causing the phone to boot loop?  It is also not 100% of the 6P they are replacing and you had to purchase the 6P directly from Google Store according to the reports and articles. The Nexus 6P was made by Huawei Technologies and the Nexus 6 was built for Google by Motorola. 6P is a much newer phone than the 6 also.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017