Linksys PAP2 Phone Adapter FAR (Or Make Money) @ Staples

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • 1 234544
  • Page
  • Next 40
  • Text Only
rated:
Staples has this for $49.94 (Item 577467) with a $50 EasyRebate (no activation or UPC required). If you use FatCash, you get another 2% and if you have a coupon, it'll be even better. These are going on eBay for around $20 or so. Limit of 5 on the rebate, which is what I picked up.

Please Note: I only POSTED this deal and did NOT contribute to the unlocking of the device or the hosting of the required files. Please do NOT PM me for assistance on how to unlock the device or obtain the necessary files.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wait a min. direct dialing did not helped. Actually I had $0.10 in my account, so direct dialing was working. Now I have... (more)

hot2004 (Feb. 23, 2009 @ 9:40a) |

Ok guys, here is the dial plan for dialing gizmo backdoor calling (0101) using PAP2.

( 011xx. | <:1747>[2-9]xxxxxxS6 | <:... (more)

hot2004 (Feb. 24, 2009 @ 8:49a) |

Gizmo5 Backdoor is no more working.

They have a new plan now - all call free plan - 20 minutes free per week! Click me!... (more)

hot2004 (Mar. 16, 2009 @ 12:59p) |

Purchase link: Vonage-Ready Linksys PAP2 Phone Adapter

$50 Rebate link (Limit of 5 rebates per name/address/household)

Units can be unlocked!

How to identify if unlockable - Check serial number: FH900Exxxx, starts at x, if it's a number. (0~9) it's OK to unlock. if it's a char (A~Z), most likely it's 3.1.7. or higher.

Serial Number ranges/firmware version:
FH9004xxxxxx 2.10
FH900ECxxxxx 3.1.8
FH900F10xxxx 3.1.8
FH900F11xxxx 3.1.9
FH900F5xxxxx 3.1.9c

Instructions are provided for the benefit of Competent persons who are capable of following instructions. DO NOT PM people if you can't get it working. Double check that you have followed all instructions exactly and try again. The instructions work. If they don't work for you, you are doing something wrong.

Unlock instructions:
1) Print these instructions. Read them twice before beginning and do not connect your PAP2 to your network until told to, or you'll be very sorry.
2) Download, install, start and configure a TFTP server from here if you don't already have one: link. Some users have reported that they have to reboot after installng this software before it will work correctly. (alternate TFTP program: Pumpkin TFTP)
3) Download the following file: link (do NOT click - use right click, save file as)
4) Rename the file to pap2sp2kzip3vn.zip and unzip it into the TFTP Service\\TFTPRoot folder you configured in step two. (TFTP product, not Pumpkin)
5) Download the following file: link (do NOT click - use right click, save file as)
6) Rename the file to sp2kpap2zip1pm.zip and unzip it into the TFTP Service\\TFTPRoot folder you configured in step two. (TFTP product, not Pumpkin)
7) Disconnect your internet access now by disconnecting your cable/dsl modem. Leave your router connected to your PC. (very important)
8) Connect the PAP2 unit to your router, connect a phone to line 1 then plug the PAP2 in to a power outlet.
9) Pick up the phone, press the star (*) button four times (you will not hear a dial tone)
10) Dial 73738#. If needed, use password 7756112# or 8995523# or 50274537#. Press 1 to confirm, press #, Hang up. (This number is used to reset the device to factory setting. If you've already hacked your device, do not press this number again)
11) Determine the PAP2 IP address by picking up the phone and dialing four stars (*), then 110# and write it down. My PAP2 IP address is:____________________
12) Determine your PC's IP address by going to a DOS window and type IPCONFIG, write it down. My PC IP address is:____________________
13) Shut down Zone Alarm or other software firewalls, including the Windows XP built-in firewall if you're using Windows XP. You may have to forward ports 5060 & 5061 (UDP) to your PAP2's IP address if step 18 doesn't work. (check your router's manual for instructions)
14) Browse to the configuration page of the PAP2 by typing the IP address of the PAP2 unit (from step 11) into Internet Explorer.
15) Go to the SYSTEM tab and set a User password of 1234.
16) Click the SAVE SETTINGS button, then close the window.
17) Browse to the configuration page of the PAP2 by typing the IP address of the PAP2 unit (from step 11) into Internet Explorer and login with ID "user" and password "1234" (don't type qotes)
18) Cut and paste the bold link and add it to the end of the PAP2 address that is currently in the Internet Explorer window (make sure to get the / in front):
/upgrade?tftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/PAP2SP2K.bin
(replace xxx's with Computer IP address from step 12)
19) Watch the status LEDs. The power LED will turn RED when it is done. Give it a minute or two, don't interrupt it.
20) Once the power LED is red, browse to the configuration web page of the PAP2 by typing the IP address of the PAP2 unit into Internet Explorer.
21) Click the "admin login" link near the top-right.
22) Click the PROVISIONING tab and set PROVISION ENABLE=NO.
23) Under the SYSTEM tab, Optional Network Configuration section, DNS Server Order: box, select "DHCP, Manual" and enter 68.87.64.196 in Primary DNS, & 68.87.66.196 in Secondary DNS.
24) Click SAVE SETTINGS.
25) Browse to the configuration web page of the PAP2 by typing the IP address of the PAP2 unit into Internet Explorer.
26) Now, cut and paste the bold link and add it to the end of the PAP2 address that is currently in the Internet Explorer window (make sure to get the / in front):
/upgrade?tftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/SP2KPAP2.bin
(replace xxx's with Computer IP address from step 12)
27) The PAP2 will eventually reboot (Power LED and Ethernet LED will be solid blue) BE PATIENT. When complete, you can click the "admin login" near the top-right and no password will be needed.
28) Configure line 1 and/or line 2 with your favorite VOIP provider(s).
29) Re-connect your internet access if all steps worked.

If you have trouble in step 18, then try this:

Open a DOS window. Type:

TFTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx get pap2sp2k.bin test.bin

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of your computer from step 12. If that works, then you have a firewall issue. If it does not work, then you have a TFTP server configuration issue.

Stanaphone Setup Instructions:

Stanaphone web page

1) Follow unlock instructions above.
2) Log into your adapter, click on ADMIN link, click on Advanced View link, go to Line 1 tab (or Line 2) and enter the following values in each parameter:

Line enable : yes
nat mapping enable : yes
Username : XXXXXXXXXX (use your StanaPhone telephone number)
Authorization User : XXXXXXXXXX (use your StanaPhone telephone number)
Password : UUUUUUUUUUUU (use your Stanaphone password - different from your StanaPhone account password - login to Stanaphone and click Account Information link, then Config SIP link to get this)
Domain/Realm SIP Proxy : sip.stanaphone.com
Outbound Proxy : (leave empty)
Dial Plan: (08xxxxxxS0|<:1AAA>[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.)

Replace AAA with your area code.

This dial plan handles three types of calling:

Stana-to-Stana : 08xxxxxx
Local : xxx-xxxx or xxx xxx-xxxx
Long distance : 1 xxx xxx-xxxx or xxx xxx-xxxx
International : 011 + country code + area code + number

Other parameters use default values.

SIP tab:

Handle VIA received: Yes Handle VIA rport: Yes
Insert VIA received: Yes Insert VIA rport: Yes

STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Server: stun.fwdnet.net:3478

Line 1 Tab:

NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
SIP Port: 5061
Proxy: sip.stanaphone.com
Register Expires: 400
Preferred Codec: G.711a

Leave everything else as is.

VoipBuster Setup instructions:

Voipbuster requires you to pay 5 Euros to get free calls in the USA. If you do not pay, all calls are limited to one miunte for free, then it will disconnect you.

Vopibuster configuration

Voipbuster web page

2) Log into your adapter, click on ADMIN link, click on Advanced View link, go to Line 1 tab (or Line 2) and enter the following values in each parameter:

proxy : stun.voipbuster.com
outbound proxy : leave blank
use outbound proxy : no
register : yes
display name : leave blank (Voipbuster does not support CallerID Name anyways)
user id : voipbuster username
password : voipbuster password

On SIP tab
STUN enable: yes
STUN server: sip.voipbuster.com (or any other public STUN server)

For USA residents, add the following line to Dial Plan field:
(<:001aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<:00>1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:001>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<011:00>xx.)

Replace aaa with your area code.

An alternative dial plan is as follows:
(<:001>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<:00>x.T)

This dial plan handles two types of calling:

Local, Long distance, and of course - toll free: 1 xxx xxx-xxxx or xxx xxx-xxxx
International : country code + area code + number

If your get a message that the PAP2 cannot establish a connection, double check the settings, then leave the adapter plugged into your router and wait until it connects (a few hours or overnight)

If PAP2 adapter is behind a router, there are two options. For non-symmetric NAT router, STUN server outlined as above works fine. For symmetric NAT router, you need to set up port-forwarding:
1. UDP 5060/5061
2. UDP port range specified from "SIP > RTP Parameters > RTP Port Min" until "SIP > RTP Parameters > RTP Port Max"

Run netcheck to find out what kind of router you have.

Voicestick Setup Instructions:

Voicestick web page

2) Log into your adapter, click on ADMIN link, click on Advanced View link, go to Line 2 tab and enter the following values in each parameter:

You must use line 2/SIP port 5061

Username : XXXXXXXXXXX (use your Voicestick telephone number, including the 1 prefix, no dashes, no parenthesis)
Authorization User : XXXXXXXXXXX (use your Voicestick telephone number, including the 1 prefix, no dashes, no parenthesis)
Password : UUUUUUUUUUUU (use your Voicestick password)
Domain/Realm SIP Proxy : i2telecom.com
Use Outbound Proxy : Yes
Outbound Proxy : 206.165.50.116
Preferred Codec: G711u
Dial Plan: (*xx|<:1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.)

Other parameters use default values.

Leave everything else as is.

CallPacket Setup Instructions

Callpacket web page

More details in This Thread

Line1 or Line2
Proxy: voip.callpacket.com
User ID: cpxxxxxxxx (sip username)
Password: xxxxxx (sip password)

Dial Plan: (*xx|<:1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.)

Regional:
Remove Call Back Deact Code: *86, this way you could use *86 to check your VM

Automated configuration system for PAP2 and popular VOIP providers: Voxilla web page link

More unlock info here at broadbandreports.com

BROWSE to page 9 of the thread in case you don't have the zip files which were available for download earlier. 'rcilink' posted a workaround to make it legal. It is the fifth post from the bottom. Here's a link to the page Updated procedure

Firmware: 2.0.9 (LSd) Troubles: For those who have had troubles unlocking at step 18) because the Linksys prompts for an admin password, clunk found a way to get by this problem....let Vonage upgrade the firmware to 3.1.6 by letting it connect to the internet. Once you see the Linksys reset after download (fast blinking lights stop and the adapter resets), disconnect the LInksys and start at Step 9 in the unlock process again.

If you questions about VOIP or anything related to VOIP - get started here

DSLREPORTS VOIP FORUM

Most of your questions will be answered there. Enjoy VOIP!
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hmm.. usually with those rebates you need to activate, surprising that you do not have to here. Anyone know if these work with other services?

Sweet deal, in for one regardless.

So what do you do with this if you don't acitvate the service.

In for some. Needed for rewards push this quarter on one of my cards. Thanks OP.

Good xmas stuffers I guess...

I wonder what people do with this after buying it from eBay, reselling after reselling

do we have to active the service to receive the rebates?

Staples is easily the best rebate process out there. Easiest to deal with and they actually send them out quick! This looks like a good way to get my Mom finally signed up with Vonage, green for you OP. Thanks!

youzi said: do we have to active the service to receive the rebates?

I have the same question, anyone can confirm this?

andydan said: youzi said: do we have to active the service to receive the rebates?

Read the rebate details. Do ur own homework, dont ask strangers about your money. That said, no activation required. But, again, read it for urself.

andydan said: youzi said: do we have to active the service to receive the rebates?

Sure, read the terms and conditions stated w/the rebate. Let us know what you find.

you may be able to use this with sykpe to get free / cheap internation calling

No need to activate the unit for rebate... YES!!!!!!!!

Dont forget $75 visa card if you are actually using this deal to sign up for Vonage

http://www.CircuitCity.com/image/help_and_services/rebates/pcs_and_peripherals/5909_091105.pdf

Thanks OP, in 4 1.

Thanks. In for 2 with 20 off 100 coupon.
Here to find cheap fillers, although they are not 50 cents now.

Thanks OP! In 4 the max. stated limit in the rebate.

Big green for OP. Just in time to reach $200 threshold for rewards. And I supported my state with 6% tax... now what is it anyway? some kind of snake (never mind if you do not recall this from "Friends")... I am getting serious with VoIP, so fed up with Verizon... May sounds irrelevant here, does anybody have concern if Cable gets down? Comcast is known for that...

In 4 3, which 30 off coupon. Is the rebate ER or MIR?

does "Limit of 5 rebates per name/address/household" means i need to place 5 separate order or 1 order of 5? If i order all 5 with one order, do i submit 5 ER?

oos

these work for voipbuster or internet-to-internet type calling?

FW effect again

hchc said: does "Limit of 5 rebates per name/address/household" means i need to place 5 separate order or 1 order of 5? If i order all 5 with one order, do i submit 5 ER?

Staples' rebate is called easy rebate. So I guess you can do whatever you want as long as the total number of rebates you submit is less than 5.

Disappeared from my cart before I hit "submit-order". Next time...

If you're purchasing one of these to actually use with Vonage, then there is a VISA Gift Card available

http://www.CircuitCity.com/image/help_and_services/rebates/pcs_and_peripherals/5909_091105.pdf

No stipulation on the rebate form that purchase needs to be at CC.

Thanks OP... In for 1

G

dealsdude said: these work for voipbuster or internet-to-internet type calling?
I beleive not - as it is supposed to be locked for Vonage. huh. does anyone know how to unlock these?

whew...almost jumped on this.

OOS on Phone and Online.

OOS Online

CSRbuddy said: whew...almost jumped on this.

what r u talkin...
i dont think u have to activate to get the rebate...

OOS.

Why is everyone buying /5 units of this one? I understand it is FAR but ebayer's cant make $$$ on it!

azygous said: CSRbuddy said: whew...almost jumped on this.

what r u talkin...
i dont think u have to activate to get the rebate...

I mean I woulda jumped on this and lost a few $ to eBay.

dealhunter999 said: Why is everyone buying /5 units of this one? I understand it is FAR but ebayer's cant make $$$ on it!

If u get it for FAR plus FatCash and rewards, sell for even a few bux, then ur making money on it.

edit: Heck, u dont even have to sell it and make money, just give it away, as ur still making money.

buy 3 plus filler and use a 30 off coup. make 30 bux plus FatCash. rewards, blah blah blah. Green for ya OP. THNX

thanks op

mintsoul said: dealhunter999 said: Why is everyone buying /5 units of this one? I understand it is FAR but ebayer's cant make $$$ on it!

If u get it for FAR plus FatCash and rewards, sell for even a few bux, then ur making money on it.

edit: Heck, u dont even have to sell it and make money, just give it away, as ur still making money.

buy 3 plus filler and use a 30 off coup. make 30 bux plus FatCash. rewards, blah blah blah. Green for ya OP. THNX

You only make money if you don't count the time you list/ship the item. Regardless, this is still a great deal if you need the item.

I called the rebate center a while ago, they said it should be activated. be advised buyers!!!

baliler said: I called the rebate center a while ago, they said it should be activated. be advised buyers!!!

DO NOT CALL!!!!!

baliler said: I called the rebate center a while ago, they said it should be activated. be advised buyers!!!

Thanks "NEW MEMBER!"

Can you call again and ask it we can "eBay these?"

Skipping 1684 Messages...
Gizmo5 Backdoor is no more working.

They have a new plan now - all call free plan - 20 minutes free per week! Click me!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017