Pearl Necklace (Black freshwater variety) (reg $60, now $12 shipped)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Black Pearl Necklace
Disclaimer
http://www.winpearl.com/nk32.html

Coupon code "dealnews40" drops it to $11.99. With free shipping,

New genuine 7.5 mm black freshwater pearl necklace. The necklace is approximately 18" in length with white gold plated spherical clasp. The pearls are freshwater cultured pearls with off round shape, 6.5 - 7.5 mm in size , black in color, 100% nacre, good luster with quality grade of AA+ in A - AAA+ quality grade system. The necklace was professionally hand knotted between each pearl. item#: nk32

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If he can't return it, why do I have to tell him he got gypped? Let him enjoy it, and not buy from those guys again.
The ... (more)

aarzi (Jan. 05, 2011 @ 10:17p) |

Not available anymore. Thanks OP

cloose (Jan. 06, 2011 @ 3:27a) |

I learned a lot about pearl in this forum. During the holidays everyone in the family spoke about fatwallet (couple of h... (more)

URDeal (Jan. 06, 2011 @ 11:45a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Never bought pearls before...is this a good deal?

Wreptyle said:   Never bought pearls before...is this a good deal?

It doesn't sound like a bad deal. When you buy lower priced pearls, typically the shapes and surface defects vary considerably and the luster is substandard. Just going by the picture and the claims of "AA+", this should be a good deal. Here is another cheap black pearl set you can use for comparison:

Text

has anyone bought from this place before? they could have put a fake picture up, its not like they are claiming it is top quality.

that said, $12 is still a good price even if quality isnt up to snuff.

Those look irregular as hell, and you can regularly get them in Asia for $1-2 US. But that said, at $12 for a real pearl necklace here in the US, why not. They are good as "cheap" gifts but not for like a wedding anniversary or something.

Where do you enter the coupon code?

In 4 one! 12 bucks shipped...why not? Thanks OP!

russellt said:   Where do you enter the coupon code?Just before you pay.

wuhoo said:   they could have put a fake picture up...the picture is fake. the pearls in the picture are larger than 7mm, are more rounded than you would expect at this price, and the clasp is silver, as opposed to gold-plated.

Wreptyle said:   Never bought pearls before...is this a good deal?I have some experience with pearls. This is a reasonable price for the quality (in the US). Don't let the coupon sway you, though. Just think of it as $12 straight up.
This white one without any coupon, is actually a better buy at $15:
http://www.winpearl.com/nk21.html

In for 1

Hi Aarzi, I recently purchased a pearl necklace from pearl factory for $150. Is this a rip-off? Please advise.
14K Yellow gold necklace with 5.5-6mm freshwater pearls. Necklace measures 17" in length.
Here is a link: http://www.pearl-factory.com/necklaces/yellow-gold-necklace-with-freshwater-pearls.html

Thanks for the info on pearls, nice to learn something today.

URDeal said:   Hi Aarzi, I recently purchased a pearl necklace from pearl factory for $150. Is this a rip-off? Please advise.
14K Yellow gold necklace with 5.5-6mm freshwater pearls. Necklace measures 17" in length.
Here is a link: http://www.pearl-factory.com/necklaces/yellow-gold-necklace-with-freshwater-pearls.html

I guess that gold beads between each pearls and the gold clasp make the necklace more expensive

URDeal said:   Hi Aarzi, I recently purchased a pearl necklace from pearl factory for $150. Is this a rip-off? Please advise.

Production of pearl is getting easier and faster nowadays. The older the pearl, the better the quality. Different color also determines the price and worthiness of it.
I had cheaper pearl I bought from Hawaii, they are heavy but their shapes are not completely round (hence the cheap price.
Your $150 pearl is evenly round, hung on 14K gold (not the highest grade gold), but there is pink and purple pearl which are more expensive than white pearl. The necklace looks shiny. I can't tell from the pic if it's really worth $150 or not.
I don't know, I wouldn't buy jewelry online without first seeing the products in person. Shipping and returning is too much hassle.

Good Deal! GREEN!
(I forwarded this deal to 3 friends)

aarzi said:   Wreptyle said:   Never bought pearls before...is this a good deal?I have some experience with pearls. This is a reasonable price for the quality (in the US). Don't let the coupon sway you, though. Just think of it as $12 straight up.
This white one without any coupon, is actually a better buy at $15:
http://www.winpearl.com/nk21.html

Have you bought this necklace before from this place before? how do you know the picture is fake? It clearly said it is a " WHITE gold plated" nowhere it says sterling silver

If you can return it, then you should. While I can't comment on it being a rip-off, you paid much more for it than it's real value.
If you can't return it, then no, it is not a rip-off. You got an excellent deal. Keep it and enjoy it.

aarzi said:   you paid much more for it than it's real value.
You got an excellent deal.
? That makes no sense.

BTW - why do you say the white pearls are a better deal than the darks in the OP's post? The whites are AA- and a bit shorter.

seashoreharmony said:   

Your $150 pearl is evenly round, hung on 14K gold (not the highest grade gold), but there is pink and purple pearl which are more expensive than white pearl. The necklace looks shiny. I can't tell from the pic if it's really worth $150 or not.
I don't know, I wouldn't buy jewelry online without first seeing the products in person. Shipping and returning is too much hassle.

Honestly, pearl color means very little unless they are certified not to be dyed. They dye pearls all shades these days, from shocking brights to darks to natural-seeming pinks and mauves. And the 14k beads are not that expensive (2mm 14k beads sell for about 30 cents apiece currently - that's retail from a decent-priced online merchant.) You can often tell a pearl has been dyed by looking at the surface around the hole - dye will collect there.

But there is one big difference between those pearls and the pearls in the other pictures - URDeals' pearls are saltwater pearls (read the "about us" page on the pearlfactory site) and are sold by a dealer known to be reputable. Yes, I'd say that strand of pearls was worth $149. Is it a screaming hot deal? Probably not, but it's a decent price.

I'd say the same about the pearls in the OP and aarzi's post. You can walk into most bead stores and buy an unfinished strand of pearls of that quality for about $6-8. The clasp is basically worthless - pretty, but it's just plated and will tarnish irreparably. But the hand-knotting adds value, IMO, because it is time-consuming even if you have the right tools and know what you are doing.

peas said:   aarzi said:   you paid much more for it than it's real value.
You got an excellent deal.
? That makes no sense.

BTW - why do you say the white pearls are a better deal than the darks in the OP's post? The whites are AA- and a bit shorter.
If he can't return it, why do I have to tell him he got gypped? Let him enjoy it, and not buy from those guys again.
The white pearls are 7.5-8.5mm, a much more significant difference for valuating than the 1" shortness in length.
As for the AA- and AA+, they are like coming in 43rd, instead of 44th. So far away from 1st, that it practically does not matter

Not available anymore. Thanks OP

I learned a lot about pearl in this forum. During the holidays everyone in the family spoke about fatwallet (couple of hours discussion) about how they learned about buying house, buying car, the best deal they got etc., Visiting fatwallet is the best usage of time in any given day. THANKS FW and the fabulous contribution by the knowledgeable users. A big THANK YOU

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017