Generac pressure washer $539 (cat pump) home depot

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
ends 5/15, online purchase only, but free shipping
I think it has 3% Cash Back, bringing it to $523.7
the sale is also on other generac models, but this is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I could not find a single CAT pump power washer under $600 except this one. Even at $599 it seems to be a good deal.

After a couple hours of searching and doing research, I just ordered this. Great reviews everwhere I could find. Listed on Amazon for well over $600. This really isn't a top secret deal like so many of the posts here

Little backround on some of the info I found during research.

The two most important things are the engine and the pump. Well, most small engines if maintained are going to far outlast the pump, so I pretty much concentrated on the pump. Generac is an american company that makes some large industrial/commercial equipment as well as small residential stuff. Generac is owned by briggs and stratton, and from everything I could find, Generac products with small engines are just rebranded briggs.

There are a few different pump designs when it comes to pressure washer pumps. By far the two most common are axial cam pump and the triplex CAT pump.

The axial cam pump is what you usually find on pressure washers $500 and under. There are different grades of quality, but most sources say the pumps are rated for about anywhere from 60-150 hours of use.

The triplex CAT pump is typically used on commercial pressure washers, all sources seem to indicate they have atleast a 1000 hour rating. This model uses a Annovi Reverberi (commonly referred to as "AR") pump, which from what I can see is one of the best brands on the market. It is used on many of the more expensive machines. It seems the only thing this is lacking from the higher end models is the engine power. So I've come to the determination this unit is essentially residential power (high end of residential) but commercial grade quality.

The pressure rating was something that I didn't really look at; as if spraying water at 3000psi is going to be that much better than 2700psi. It seemed more like a figure used for marketing because the tim allen in us wants an easy way to measure the performance, akin to speaker wattage ratings. I'm sure it is important for some applications, but none that I have found over the years.

Anyway, I think this is the first deal I posted after reading for years.

Member Summary

Generac Power washer
Thanks VBMcGB
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting Join for free to remove this ad.

I thought Generac was a typo of Generic, until I read your post. I wonder if the brand Generac is pronounced similarly as well?

They're a leader in the market of generator manufacturing so I've always pronounced it "gener(like generator) ack"

just have a washer alert set and this bumped into my inbox today. I dropped into just to say EXCELLENT first post. I really doubt I'm going to go buy this b/c it will inevitably lead to the building of another garage. Ours is too full of "deals I had to have" from Craigslist and Hot Deals.

gotta keep the WAF up ya know!

here's the same one at Sears for $1135, price difference between two major retailers for the same product is absurd

The Sears listing is a marketplace seller. It's not really sold by Sears.

I hate their marketplace

Discover card currently has 5% CB on home improvement stores. If you go through Shopdiscover, it adds another 5%, for a total of 10% CB.

Just a heads up that this is not valid in several states including California. Most if not all Generac pressure washers are not California Air Resources Board (CARB) approved.

Brendon said:   Just a heads up that this is not valid in several states including California. Most if not all Generac pressure washers are not California Air Resources Board (CARB) approved.
Several? No, not really. Just one.
Not California CARB compliant is a ring of endorsement for anybody who lives outside of CA, IMO.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to

Thanks for visiting Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017