rated:

Member Summary

paper
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just got an anniversary email from Staples with a $5 gift reward in it. Nice!😊

elizabethmaia (Jan. 14, 2016 @ 3:52p) |

anyone have a scan of the coupon to share?

MISTERCHEAP (Jan. 17, 2016 @ 8:42a) |

Attached

jatan1986 (Jan. 17, 2016 @ 8:56a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yep, those paper deals must be going away...the cashiers have been gossiping about it (as if Staples corporate tells the cashiers what their strategy is).

Brain is dusty this morning...
Is it better to use $10 off $50 coupon:
Buy 1 10 ream "case"
OR
2 five ream "cases"

brusbrother said:   Brain is dusty this morning...
Buy 1 10 ream "case"
OR
2 five ream "cases"

thought those Q's won't scan if there's a rebate.  Probably a little better on the full case if it does work.

You are right.
Worked last week because there wasn't a coupon attached. It was just a rebate w/o any coupon required at time of purchase.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Buy 1 10 ream "case"
OR
2 five ream "cases"

thought those Q's won't scan if there's a rebate.  Probably a little better on the full case if it does work.

I used the $10/50 email coupon on single cases last week. Case rings up to ~$58 after tax, and coupon drops it by just over $10, down to around $47 or so. Did it 4 times, and got 4 cases. Submitted 4 different rebates and all accepted immediately.

Now they have added a coupon for cases, and now it seems they have a lower rebate this week, with the additional coupon in place. I don't think I can use both coupons on a single item, or maybe we can? Not sure how 'magic' the email coupon is nowadays. I was figuring I might get some $25/75 coupons, and get a full case and a half case, and use their individual coupons as well, but again, not sure how and which coupons are magic anymore. 

Centex said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Buy 1 10 ream "case"
OR
2 five ream "cases"

I used the $10/50 email coupon on single cases last week. Case rings up to ~$58 after tax, and coupon drops it by just over $10, down to around $47 or so. Did it 4 times, and got 4 cases. Submitted 4 different rebates and all accepted immediately.

Now they have added a coupon for cases, and now it seems they have a lower rebate this week, with the additional coupon in place. I don't think I can use both coupons on a single item, or maybe we can? Not sure how 'magic' the email coupon is nowadays. I was figuring I might get some $25/75 coupons, and get a full case and a half case, and use their individual coupons as well, but again, not sure how and which coupons are magic anymore. 

No coupons are magic any longer.  One coupon per item be it a product coupon or a dollar off coupon.

If you've got $25 off $75 coupons (sadly, my supply seems to be drying up...) best bet is: Full case + half case, use half case coupon ($8.99) + $25 off $75. $9.01 profit before tax. Repeat up to 4 times if you've got the coupons.

Edit: Oops. Fixed. 

Coupon only takes off 4.99 to make it 25.00 AC - 20 rebate = $5 AR

Had the manager do a price adjustment to get the price down

jatan1986 said:   Coupon only takes off 4.99 to make it 25.00 AC - 20 rebate = $5 AR

Not surprised given the coupon has an implicit value of $8.99. Rather high for a 5 ream coupon based on past history for 5 ream coupons.

jatan1986 said:   Coupon only takes off 4.99 to make it 25.00 AC - 20 rebate = $5 AR

Damn. That makes it complicated and annoying to try to use that and a $25 off $75 with a full case. Maybe I'll skip this week. I have enough paper.   

I just picked up some Newsprint roll 20"x1,440' which is priced at $19.59. If you purchase 3 rolls and use coupon code "41201" for 40% off $50 shipping and packaging it brings your total to $35.26 and free shipping with Staples Rewards Membership. This stuff is good for Amazon FBA.

doggies
Disclaimer
Forget the in store coupon.
This is how it played out last week.
Order at kiosk for home delivery (save your back)
Price is the same as last week $53.99.
Use the 10 off 50. Gets it down to 43.99
Apply for rebate of $44 as purchase from Kiosk.
I won't make it to store until tomorrow but that is the plan.
Anyone beat me to it, please report back.
I hate it when they release the dogs.

brusbrother said:   Forget the in store coupon.
Your plan is a no go this week. Rebate ($39) is in-store only; no separate online rebate this week. Kiosk is considered online for rebates.

Yup, bought two at $5 AR each. There was a line behind me and I could tell the cashier was getting annoyed so I just let the $10 reward go. Hopefully they will fix it later this week.

So if you buy a half case, and a full case, give them the full-case coupon, then give them the $25/75, will that work? It would seem like you pay $9 for the full case(AC), and $10 for half case, but the additional $25 makes it a MM???

Centex said:   So if you buy a half case, and a full case, give them the full-case coupon, then give them the $25/75, will that work? It would seem like you pay $9 for the full case(AC), and $10 for half case, but the additional $25 makes it a MM???
  $53.99 + $29.99 - $6 (10/case cp) - $25 cp - $20 (5/case rebate) - $39(10/case rebate) = $6.02 MM before sales tax. 

I have a $40 ink rewards ending this month. Are any of these deals worth cashing out or should i wait? I don't have any $25/75 coupon unless it is online?

$9.99 after rebate
Disclaimer
brusbrother said:   Forget the in store coupon.

Took a screen shot of today's Staples ad before trying to confirm the rebate on the full case. Rep said she would call me right back. 10 minutes later, ad changed and no longer indicates $9.99 after rebate...

Anyone try the coupon yet today to see if it's fixed and takes off the full $8.99 now?

Just at Staples in Woodbury mn, coupons are still ringing up at wrong amount...$4.99 off. I talked to manager to get it remedied. He said he woud contact Corp to find out what the problem is.

Jose said:   Just at Staples in Woodbury mn, coupons are still ringing up at wrong amount...$4.99 off. I talked to manager to get it remedied. He said he woud contact Corp to find out what the problem is.
  Ditto. Worked out for me though. After explaining the problem to manager he took off the $9 without taking off the coupon. Nice little bonus.

Just checked out less than one hour ago. The coupon still only takes off $4.99. Manager tried to price override. Somehow the 110% PM kicked in maybe? It ended up cost $20.01 each after the coupon....my receipt was sent by email but I haven't got it yet. Will have to take a look later.

Nope, it's not due to 110% pm. Just a mistaken price adjustment to my benefit.... Don't know if I should come in to correct it....as it is already very complicated trying to explain the incorrect coupon amount, and now this...hmm...

Anyone try the 5 ream coupon today?

huntergather said:   Anyone try the 5 ream coupon today?
  Post on that other forum that it is ringing up as $8.99.

Just got back from Staples and I can confirm the code 65690 rang up as $8.99 coupon

MOtherF... I went yesterday and the coupon rang up $4.99. And i thought it was $1 per ream, therefore $5 for 5 packs. Then I realized, the previous deal had a higher rebate. Will come back to Staples for adjustment.

aktran9 said:   MOtherF... I went yesterday and the coupon rang up $4.99. And i thought it was $1 per ream, therefore $5 for 5 packs. Then I realized, the previous deal had a higher rebate. Will come back to Staples for adjustment.

Don't feel bad, same thing happened to me.  i will go back tomorrow and straighten out,  They really need to update their " that was easy" logo.....

splain me dis...
how is $9 ac/ar for 10 ream case a better deal than $1 ac/ar for 5 ream case...
I watched in disbelief in store last week when a salesperson sold a customer a $7.98 ream with the buy one get one free promo!
Now THAT is quite a ream!

brusbrother said:   splain me dis...
I watched in disbelief in store last week when a salesperson sold a customer a $7.98 ream with the buy one get one free promo!

If you really need ten reams and the 5-ream coupon limit is one (which is what is printed on it), then you will need to buy two 5-reams: One at $1 AC/AR and one at $9 AR. That is better than $9 AC/AR for a single ten-ream.

fwuser12 said:   brusbrother said:   splain me dis...

If you really need ten reams and the 5-ream coupon limit is one (which is what is printed on it), then you will need to buy two 5-reams: One at $1 AC/AR and one at $9 AR. That is better than $9 AC/AR for a single ten-ream.

yesidonoitall said:   
fwuser12 said:   
brusbrother said:   splain me dis...

Your silence is deafening.

If I buy 4 5-ream cases and apply 3 product specific coupon and one 25 off 75, would it work? Isn't this better than 1 10-ream and 1 5-ream for using 25 off 75?

nanga said:   If I buy 4 5-ream cases and apply 3 product specific coupon and one 25 off 75, would it work? Isn't this better than 1 10-ream and 1 5-ream for using 25 off 75?
 Your deal should work. Why not just buy 3 half reams? $89.97 before coupons unless you need the paper. Better deal all depends on if you are a paper reseller. 

I want to get rid of my gift cards before they close rebates. To me better deal is the one with most MM.

Thanks,

When do January rewards post? I agree about using up credits, rewards etc.

brusbrother said:   When do January rewards post? I agree about using up credits, rewards etc.
  Posted on Rewards dashboard.

nanga said:   I want to get rid of my gift cards before they close rebates. To me better deal is the one with most MM.

Thanks,

As was pointed out to me a week or two ago, if you have 4 $25 off $75 coupons, the best deal is half case + full case, $8.99 coupon, $25 off $75, repeated four times.

Skipping 4 Messages...
Attached

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016