Pennzoil 5W30 Full Synthetic Platinum Motor Oil (5-qt.) $14.97 AR @ Walmart

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Pennzoil 5W30 Full Synthetic Platinum Motor Oil, 5 qt - Walmart.com
Disclaimer
WalMarthas thePennzoil 5W30 Full Synthetic Platinum Motor Oil (5-qt.)on sale for $24.97 -$10 MIR=$14.97with free in-store pickup or free shipping on orders over $50+ to avoid $4.97 shipping fee. Received 4.8/5 stars based on 499 customer reviews.

Note: This rebate can be used with different types of motor oil,check out therebate pageto see what qualifies. Valid thru Dec. 31,2016.

Also available atAmazonforsameprice with 4.8/5 stars based on 77 customer reviews.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just a follow-up that I received my rebate check 5 weeks after online submission. Purchased from WalMart.

exbat (Jul. 04, 2016 @ 4:05p) |

For those who ordered online from WalMart, what did you upload as the receipt? Email confirmation, order details at Wal... (more)

comprx (Sep. 29, 2016 @ 11:52a) |

I got mine from Amazon, just sent the invoice page. WalMart has a half-@ssed invoice page, but it should include all th... (more)

Gpz1100 (Sep. 29, 2016 @ 2:41p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Has this rebate been verified to work at Wal Mart? The only thing I see is the "other" listed on the drop down menu. Thanks.

Did last time for me. If you have your doubts call Shell (Pennzoil) help line.

Green for the deal. Now, the front of the bottle says it's "made from natural gas". OK. I take it that's good for the environment? But I'm still trying to understand how that's done. Maybe the back of the bottle explains it? (Because I have $100 that says a WalMart employee, when found, would know nothing).

This looks like the everyday price at Wally and the rebate runs all year long.

With maximum rebate of $48, can I get this rebate on 24 quarts?

noapathy said:   Has this rebate been verified to work at Wal Mart? The only thing I see is the "other" listed on the drop down menu. Thanks.
I got my Pennzoil rebate on this same offer after purchasing at WalMart about 3 mos ago, so I will be trying this again.

pentiuman said:   Green for the deal. Now, the front of the bottle says it's "made from natural gas". OK. I take it that's good for the environment? But I'm still trying to understand how that's done. Maybe the back of the bottle explains it? (Because I have $100 that says a WalMartemployee, when found, would know nothing).

When they make plain old motor oil, it's a refinement processof the basic oil they got from the ground. The crude oil goes in one end of the factory.They heat it, theycool it, separate unwanted parts from the mix, blend in additives...and voila! Out the other end of the factory comes a bottle of Quaker State 10w-40.

With synthetic oil, they don't start with crude oil. The synthetic oil is engineered from various chemical components, into specific molecular structures that are similar to regular motor oil, but generally better at doing what motor oil is supposed to do. Some of the base chemicals in synthetic oils are derived from hydrocarbon products, like natural gas.

P.S. I did the Pennzoil deal last year and got the rebate ($7, IIRC). Took a long time for the rebate to show up, but it did.

Which brand of full synthetic is better?

StraightAhead said:   With maximum rebate of $48, can I get this rebate on 24 quarts?
Hold on a second while I grab my calculator...

myisland said:   Which brand of full synthetic is better?
Mobil 1. They have $12 rebate till May 31st.

wildbottom said:   
Mobil 1. They have $12 rebate till May 31st.

Mobil 1 isn't what it used to be. I've read nothing but good things about the new Pennzoil Platinum motor oil. Their Rotella fully synthetic is also a very good oil.

Whatever is cheaper or pays rebates the best. I know Exxon/Mobil pays fast.

Go tohttp://www.bobistheoilguy.com/for more info than you ever wanted to know about oil and filters, also check out their forums.

larrymoencurly said:   
Whatever is cheaper or pays rebates the best. I know Exxon/Mobil pays fast.

They pay fast compared to most companies and they also have a rebate tracking feature as well.

All deals are possible... with a rebate.

ByteMe said:   
Go tohttp://www.bobistheoilguy.com/for more info than you ever wanted to know about oil and filters, also check out their forums.

Or not. Just live your live without worrying about oil or filter quality. Chances are some A-H will rear end you before it will ever matter.

ByteMe said:   

Better still, pull out your owner's manual and look what type of oil your manufacturer specs for your car. They have highly trained engineers whose professional career it is to study and analyze these things. Odds are the manual lists an API classification. That means that ANY oil that is the right weight and meets or exceeds that API grade is fine. I'm sure sites like Bob's mean well but I'd treat them like audiophiles, spending big dollars to get marginal (at best) improvements.

Updated rebate link

And oil is now on sale for $22.47, so $12.47AR.

I have a VQ37 engine. Used to run the old pennzoil ultra. The replacement product is pennzoil ultra platinum.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Ultra-Platinum-Full-Synthetic...

It comes and goes often. Bought 3 gallons last time. Sometimes Amazon price matches.

Last car I ran mobil 1 in had lots of oil leaks down the line. Part of it was probably design flaws with the lt1, but I can't help but think the oil had something to do with it too. ymmv

I got a rejection (duplicate submission) postcard with no phone # to contact. Please post contact info if you have.

TIA

Mail to: Pennzoil Synthetics Rebate, Offer # O1181, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, TX 77280-9921.
If you do not receive your rebate after 6 to 8 weeks after submitting your completed form and receipt,
please call 866-707-6737 or visit www.shellrebatecenter.com/pennzoil.

Gpz1100 said:   
Mail to: Pennzoil Synthetics Rebate, Offer # O1181, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, TX 77280-9921.
If you do not receive your rebate after 6 to 8 weeks after submitting your completed form and receipt,
please call 866-707-6737 or visit www.shellrebatecenter.com/pennzoil.

Thank you!

Just a follow-up that I received my rebate check 5 weeks after online submission. Purchased from WalMart.

For those who ordered online from WalMart, what did you upload as the receipt? Email confirmation, order details at WalMart site,...?

I got mine from Amazon, just sent the invoice page. WalMart has a half-@ssed invoice page, but it should include all the details.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017