$1 SUBS Jimmy Johns 4-21-2016 (nationwide)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thursday 4-21-2016 is  Jimmy Johns NATIONWIDE CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY!

Form 11 AM to 3 pm only. Good for in store purchase only (no deliveries)
1 per person
Applies to sandwiches 1-6 and JJBLT only

the 1-6 subs are 8 inches
1. Pepe
2. Big john
3. Totally Tuna
4.turkey Tom
5. The Vito 
6. the Veggie

and
the JJBLT

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, I believe minimum wage has been lagging behind inflation for quite sometime.  This is just similar to how Chipotle... (more)

aic131 (Apr. 21, 2016 @ 4:04p) |

Naples FL piper location ran out of bread via a relative of mine visiting, how convenient.

polishdreamer (Apr. 21, 2016 @ 4:11p) |

Good thing they didn't run out of fried chicken.  It could have sparked a riot.

I never heard of Jimmy Johns before this ... (more)

knickdigger (Apr. 21, 2016 @ 5:55p) |

Participating locations

Thanks to yoregano!
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow boom !!

inflation! In prior years, these were FREE on their customer appreciation day.

1 dollar sub and 40 dollars of standing in line for an hour to get it... Love people's sensibilities

What did they do? Modify their site so you can't find their locations? LOL!

sloppy1 said:   inflation! In prior years, these were FREE on their customer appreciation day.

It's not inflation, it's the changes to the minimum wage.  Jimmy Johns staffs a lot of people, roughly 2x-3x more than a typical Subway.

dwit said:   What did they do? Modify their site so you can't find their locations? LOL!
This confused me at first, too. Click the "pickup" button and then enter an address or zip to get a list of locations nearby.

I recall a similar promo several years ago and not again until now. According to my JJ's bike delivery son, this promo is annual for corporate stores and was optional for franchises, but is being required by corporate for all stores this year.

yoregano said:   
dwit said:   What did they do? Modify their site so you can't find their locations? LOL!
This confused me at first, too. Click the "pickup" button and then enter an address or zip to get a list of locations nearby.

I recall a similar promo several years ago and not again until now. According to my JJ's bike delivery son, this promo is annual for corporate stores and was optional for franchises, but is being required by corporate for all stores this year.

Thanks.

Charch said:   
sloppy1 said:   inflation! In prior years, these were FREE on their customer appreciation day.

It's not inflation, it's the changes to the minimum wage.  Jimmy Johns staffs a lot of people, roughly 2x-3x more than a typical Subway.

Hah.  With all due respect, the location near me has fewer, not more employees.  Further, minimum wage laws in most states remain the same.  This is just plain wrong.  Regardless, it's a good deal, if one is willing to stand in line.

jd2010 said:   1 dollar sub and 40 dollars of standing in line for an hour to get it... Love people's sensibilities
Getting on your boss's Shtt List because you took a two hour lunch to get a $1 sammich: Priceless!

knickdigger said:   
jd2010 said:   1 dollar sub and 40 dollars of standing in line for an hour to get it... Love people's sensibilities
Getting on your boss's Shtt List because you took a two hour lunch to get a $1 sammich: Priceless!

Or, it's your turn to give him the 8" sammich.

Hmm,
So based on comments so far we won't be able to use the Jimmy John's app to place an order for pickup. Anyone on the inside know anything about this? It'd be nice to just pickup and pay in store :p

I don't think this guy qualifies for the customer appreciation:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Alleged-Jimmy-Johns-Serial-Burglar-Had-Hats-From-Restaurant-BSO-376135351.html

Sorry in advance for the TC, but JJ sandwiches are very basic. There is nothing wrong with them, but if I took a bag of Wonder bread and Oscar Meyer lunch meat I could compete with them just fine.  

anyway, it's a good news for me to start a new taste

Their day old bread for 50¢ works great as a brat or hamburger buns too.  They are able to make their subs pretty fast, but yeah in a college town you'll be waiting awhile.

YMMV, a couple years ago, the local store had a sign showing that customers were NOT appreciated that day.

Here's a link with participating locations. It's pretty extensive.

https://www.jimmyjohns.com/cadgoad/participating/participatingst...

Aphex242 said:   
Charch said:   

Hah.  With all due respect, the location near me has fewer, not more employees.  Further, minimum wage laws in most states remain the same.  This is just plain wrong.  Regardless, it's a good deal, if one is willing to stand in line.

Minimum wage has gone up TWICE here in the last 18 months.

PSU2Fan said:   Hmm,
So based on comments so far we won't be able to use the Jimmy John's app to place an order for pickup. Anyone on the inside know anything about this? It'd be nice to just pickup and pay in store :p

In short, No.
FAQ said: Can I order ahead for pickup?

Yes, but the promotion is for orders placed in-store only. All pick up orders will be full price. We can rock out subs freaky fast, so we only need you to place pick up orders that will take a significant amount of time to complete. For a few sandwiches we would love for the whole group to come down and experience the fun of our $1 Sub Day!

I have NEVER been to Jimmy John's. What is their regular price on 8" subs? Price list is not on their web site.

I like this, listed on their site..."$1 subs are limited to one per person. If you would like more than one $1 sub you can go through the line as many times as you like or invite your whole group to the store, we want to see as many JJ fans on our Customer Appreciation day as possible!"

voyagerbob said:   I have NEVER been to Jimmy John's. What is their regular price on 8" subs? Price list is not on their web site.
  Make a pickup order and you will see the price listed. I see $5.25 listed for the 8" subs.

JJs is for those of us who just want a simple sandwich, fast. When you start asking the customers about toasted, cheese, how much meat and what toppings they want, you are just asking for trouble. I also like that the workers stay on the prep line until the sandwich is finished. Is it really necessary to keep running into the office when a customer is waiting? Subway?

if it is unhealthy, no matter how cheap it is, it is bad for your body

even though i don't think it tastes good, but my son loves it. nice deal

Always been $1 that I recall. We've gone 1 or 2 times. Line was probably 20 minutes. Not worth a special trip, but if you're going to be out - or if there is a group of you - then it's worth it. Free sandwiches for 3 saves a bit.

Between this and the various AMEX deals, I have more disposable money for coke & meth. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Parsippany NJ is not a participating location.. Bah..

PSU2Fan said:   Hmm,

Website FAQ's say: No, sorry, all online orders will be full price. You’ve gotta come to the store and join the fun to get your buck sub.

Please bring the conversation back to the deal.

why the red. Isn't he talking sense? Not all people value their time....like everything in life there's a positive side as well as negative side to this..........while it's not possible for some people to afford the needed time to make this deal....there are definitely people that can highly value food that's almost free

dealgain said:   
  why the red. Isn't he talking sense? Not all people value their time....like everything in life there's a positive side as well as negative side to this..........while it's not possible for some people to afford the needed time to make this deal....there are definitely people that can highly value food that's almost free

Because its in hot deals and not finance.  Not many people in hot deals value their time at all and get salty when you bring attention to the amount of time they waste to save a couple dollars.  Oh well, if I drive by my JJ and if the line isnt out the door I'll probably grab one.

knickdigger said:   

Boss?  what is that?  Oh So I am one fo the few early retired that might go throught the line a few times and take lunch home for everybody???

MMMMMMwwwwwwuuuuuuhahahahahahahahaha

Wow! I didn't know we could red the mods. I assumed they would just block your red, like a Sith lord.

Jimmy John's is healthy for us ?

knickdigger said:   

You must have a crappy boss.. my normal lunch day is 1.5 hours.. 

abbycassie said:   Jimmy John's is healthy for us ?
  Is anything really Healthy? even the air we breathe is not healthy,,

Maphatlal said:   
knickdigger said:   

You must have a crappy boss.. my normal lunch day is 1.5 hours.. 

Try 1/2 hour

Skipping 13 Messages...
polishdreamer said:   Naples FL piper location ran out of bread via a relative of mine visiting, how convenient.

Good thing they didn't run out of fried chicken.  It could have sparked a riot.

I never heard of Jimmy Johns before this thread was posted, and they're all over this area.  I stupidly didn't copy the list of participating stores last night, so when after work I just stopped at the one closest to the freeway.  No line at all, and several employees behind the counter.  "We aren't doing the $1 sammiches.  Only [three neighboring cities]."

Fine. Go back to my R+ Moto E to find the list of Participators, and their stupid ass website expects you to type in the name of the city.  There are fifteen cities between here and home.  You can't just give me the whole list?  So I start typing a city, and the damn phone stops everything to do a PRL Update for the eighth time in 3 days.

tl;dr: I never got to find out if their sammiches are as shitty as some posters here allege.  If I was early-retired, I would've had better success.  Or failure, depending on the food.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017