350 - 700 American Airlines AAdvantage miles exp June 1 2016

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
EARN 350 AADVANTAGE® BONUS MILES:
https://secure.fly.aa.com/milesformilestones/

Share a milestone trip for 350 ADDITIONAL MILES.
Click on a tab below to choose your method of sharing. Only one method of sharing is needed to earn your 350 miles.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Same option I chose.
I emailed them and they promptly responded with an apology and 10 bus. days for the additional 350 t... (more)

alanmax (Jul. 25, 2016 @ 10:18a) |

Got 700 miles after email to AAdvantage. Clock reset.

FatWKing (Jul. 25, 2016 @ 10:36a) |

700 miles posted today, FB option. No email to CS needed.

DeGlass (Jul. 25, 2016 @ 1:34p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Easy 700 AAdvantage miles.

Ok, hopefully easy 350, but I do not understand how the email sharing could possibly work.

jschuman said:   Ok, hopefully easy 350, but I do not understand how the email sharing could possibly work.

doesnt need to!

I hope this resets that 18 month clock.

homer5150 said:   I hope this resets that 18 month clock.
  it will/would

austex said:   Easy 700 AAdvantage miles.
  It says 350 miles. How do you get 700?

po90260 said:   
austex said:   Easy 700 AAdvantage miles.
  It says 350 miles. How do you get 700?

facebook, tweet, or email

That can't work. How do they track it or does it not matter - as soon as you hit share it counts?!

colby_worldtraveler said:   That can't work. How do they track it or does it not matter - as soon as you hit share it counts?!Have you ever used amex offers?

When I try to share with email, it always brings up MS Outlook which handles my company emails only. How can I make it work with my web based hotmail account? 

BTW, all my family have AAdvantage accounts linked to my own email address. How will this promo work for every one?

Thanks DeGlass!

TJTX said:   When I try to share with email, it always brings up MS Outlook which handles my company emails only. How can I make it work with my web based hotmail account? 

Wow

Do they have similar things for United MileagePlus? I would hate to see my miles expire soon...

From the T&C, there is an extra step to claim miles if you share on Twitter, but not for Facebook. This makes sense because while Twitter profiles are public, many (most?) people have their Facebook profiles set to friends only. So AA can see that you've submitted their Facebook form, but that's about it unless your profile is public.

I shared on Facebook, with the visibility set to "Only me." I'll see if I ever get the 350.
T&C said: In addition, entrants can receive an additional three-hundred and fifty (350) Bonus Miles (“Additional Bonus Miles”) by doing one of the following:

A. Facebook: Follow the instructions to show their intent to share the pre-populated message via their Facebook account. If entrant elects to complete the process to share the pre-populated message on Facebook, entrant can also post other content associated with the message. Associated content will hereinafter be referred to as (“Content”). Content must be in compliance with the Content Guidelines specified herein. Any content, text or otherwise, included as part of the Content must be in the English language. Content is collected through a platform application.

Additional Bonus Miles earned by each entrant will be allocated to entrant’s AAdvantage® account approximately eight (8) weeks after the end of Promotion Period.

B. Twitter: Follow the instructions to share a story (“Story”) about a milestone trip taken or upcoming one via their Twitter account. Story and associated content will also hereinafter collectively be referred to as “Content.” Entrant will only receive the applicable Additional Bonus Miles if they share using the hashtags #MilesForMilestones and #Promotion. Any content, text or otherwise, included as part of the Content must be in the English language and must be in compliance with the Content Guidelines specified herein.

Entrant will receive a mention from @americanair immediately following the share post. The mention will include a link. Entrant must click on the link and follow the instructions provided for submitting their AAdvantage® number. If the twitter share is in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and if the AAdvantage® number provided matches the AAdvantage® number entrant provided at time of entry, the Additional Bonus Miles will be deposited into entrant’s AAdvantage® account approximately eight (8) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.

giselmey said:   Do they have similar things for United MileagePlus? I would hate to see my miles expire soon...

https://shopping.mileageplus.com/

Just purchase a .99 cent song on iTunes to earn 2 miles which will re-set the clock.
I don't even use Apple  products but it's worth the buck to push the expiration out another 18 months. 
Just give yourself at least a month to provide some cushion.  I just did one recently and it took almost 2 weeks to get the miles credited.
They are loathe to run a .99 cent charge on iTunes so they sit on it for a while hoping you buy some more. 

giselmey said:   Do they have similar things for United MileagePlus? I would hate to see my miles expire soon...

I recommend the survey for miles route: https://www.opinionmilesclub.com/

The UA miles post within a few days of being approved (survey complete/confirmation screen at the end).

Rasheed

boom... thanks!

TJTX said:   When I try to share with email, it always brings up MS Outlook which handles my company emails only. How can I make it work with my web based hotmail account? 

BTW, all my family have AAdvantage accounts linked to my own email address. How will this promo work for every one?

I did it in two ways. Just send an email to milesformilestones@aa.com  with subject My milestone trip from the email acct associated with the AAdvantage acct. Or do it from your smartphone where it is easy to manage
email acct.

The miles never showed up in my account.

po90260 said:   The miles never showed up in my account.
wow, since you must be from the future, can you tell me what AAPL is trading at 2 months from now?

po90260 said:   The miles never showed up in my account.
  "Bonus Miles earned by each Entrant will be allocated to entrant’s AAdvantage® account approximately eight (8) weeks after the end of Promotion Period."

The entry period ends 1 June 2016, so check back in September.

Thanks op. Did it on all three a/c's. Now to sit back, wait and collect (hopefully).

rushhound said:   
  https://shopping.mileageplus.com/

Just purchase a .99 cent song on iTunes to earn 2 miles which will re-set the clock.
I don't even use Apple  products but it's worth the buck to push the expiration out another 18 months. 
Just give yourself at least a month to provide some cushion.  I just did one recently and it took almost 2 weeks to get the miles credited.
They are loathe to run a .99 cent charge on iTunes so they sit on it for a while hoping you buy some more. 

Worked like a charm! I ordered a photo print from Walgreens instead, the point posted after two days. Thanks, rushhound!

Thanks. I did both options. I do have a bunch of AA miles in my account. Maybe it's time to book a trip.

Thanks OP! This will get my wife just over or around the 12,500 mark! After losing a ton of miles on my own account a few years back due to laziness and lack of caring (or keeping updated), I learned my lesson: DON'T LET YOUR MILES EXPIRE IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

jplee3 said:   Thanks OP! This will get my wife just over or around the 12,500 mark! After losing a ton of miles on my own account a few years back due to laziness and lack of caring (or keeping updated), I learned my lesson: DON'T LET YOUR MILES EXPIRE IF YOU CAN HELP IT!
  Samething happened to me, have not flown AA since.  They offer to reinstate them for a fee that was as much as just buying the damn ticket directly.

jplee3 said:   Thanks OP! This will get my wife just over or around the 12,500 mark! After losing a ton of miles on my own account a few years back due to laziness and lack of caring (or keeping updated), I learned my lesson: DON'T LET YOUR MILES EXPIRE IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

Doing something as easy as enrolling in AAdvantage dining then buying something cheap at a participating restaurant will reset the 18 month expiration clock.

Has anyone received the 350 bonus miles on their account yet? I submitted my milestone on May 6.

java007 said:   po90260 said:   The miles never showed up in my account.
  "Bonus Miles earned by each Entrant will be allocated to entrant’s AAdvantage® account approximately eight (8) weeks after the end of Promotion Period."

The entry period ends 1 June 2016, so check back in September.

350 miles posted today
but not the 350 for sharing the "Milestone Trip".

alanmax said:   350 miles posted today

My account:

AADV 35 PROMO SHARE   6/2/16 -- / -- 0 350 350
AADV 35 PROMO POLL   6/2/16 -- / -- 0 350 350
Total miles posted       0 700 700

FYI - I chose email share option.  

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
alanmax said:   350 miles posted today

My account:

AADV 35 PROMO SHARE   6/2/16 -- / -- 0 350 350
AADV 35 PROMO POLL   6/2/16 -- / -- 0 350 350
Total miles posted       0 700 700

FYI - I chose email share option.  

Same option I chose.
I emailed them and they promptly responded with an apology and 10 bus. days for the additional 350 to be deposited.

Got 700 miles after email to AAdvantage. Clock reset.

700 miles posted today, FB option. No email to CS needed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017