ATT ZTE Zmax 2 Back @ $59.99 @ BestBuy w FS

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ZTE ZMax 2   Was back up to $99.99 last week, down again to $59.99 w FS @ BestBuy. Good phone for the price and easily unlocked through ATT Unlock Portal.

Member Summary

cell phone
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you like Windows it is. I use a 640 daily and also have a couple of Androids, this one included. Every time I use an ... (more)

chubbypops (Aug. 04, 2016 @ 10:23p) |

Thanks much.
I had the 521, and liked it a lot, specially at the price point and for travel. Somebody in another country ... (more)

serenity22 (Aug. 04, 2016 @ 11:58p) |

They are hard to find now. They came out with the 650 and sold out the 640 at clearance prices and aren't making them an... (more)

chubbypops (Aug. 05, 2016 @ 12:29a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a decent phone but it seems like a regular sale. Not a great deal, imo. Not bad.

Glenn

I'm getting one as a back-up. The kids break their screens on a regular basis!!!

Unlocked and using on Lycamobile (TMo MVNO)
Great value.

The ATT unlock portal states that "The device must be active for at least six months of paid service" to be eligible for unlock. What does this mean?

FatButtastic said:   The ATT unlock portal states that "The device must be active for at least six months of paid service" to be eligible for unlock. What does this mean?
  Apply for unlock code as Non ATT wireless customer

For those of you who know this phone, does it has all the good bands for T-Mobile, or not?

brusbrother said:   
FatButtastic said:   The ATT unlock portal states that "The device must be active for at least six months of paid service" to be eligible for unlock. What does this mean?

I tried that with a recent Nokia Go phone I purchased.
I requested unlock code before turning the phone on.
The request was denied.

ssgcinty said:   
brusbrother said:   

The request was denied.

What was the reason for denial?
Once mine was denied for not confirming the first email they send. Reapply, confirm the request and it should work.

ssgcinty said:   
brusbrother said:   

The request was denied.

reapply

Tried with 2 phones.
Same problem.
Others had this issue too.
See Other thread

Never mind.
I think the problem is that I bought it from ATT.
This is Best Buy and so it might work.

gatorglenn said:   This is a decent phone but it seems like a regular sale. Not a great deal, imo. Not bad.

Glenn

This has been a pretty regular sale for a little while now. Last week it was this price for a weekend sale and then back up to $99. This has been an every other week thing. They won't be around much longer. WalMart finished them off a couple of weeks ago at $25. Once the stock drops low enough at BB there will be something similar and it will bite the dust there too.

ssgcinty said:   Never mind.
I think the problem is that I bought it from ATT.
This is Best Buy and so it might work.

Those were refurbs, these are new. I have unlocked three of them. It will work.

those phones are being liquidated... A few bestbuy stores, don't even carry them.
The phones are really good, easy to unlock, there are some phones that can't be unlocked, but return them and get a different one. You can try also to buy the codes from eBay for 99 cents. The phone is worth at least twice the cost, the build quality, 2 GB of ram..

palo34 said:   those phones are being liquidated... A few bestbuy stores, don't even carry them.
The phones are really good, easy to unlock, there are some phones that can't be unlocked, but return them and get a different one. You can try also to buy the codes from eBay for 99 cents. The phone is worth at least twice the cost, the build quality, 2 GB of ram..

They are nice, the only thing this is missing is NFC. They have a decent display, a decent camera with manual controls, Dolby sound, and nearly straight Android without a lot of bloat.

ElGuache said:   For those of you who know this phone, does it has all the good bands for T-Mobile, or not?
  It does have all of the bands but T-Mo is blocking band 12 on some phones that don't support VOLTE and aren't pre-certified by the manufacturers They won't allow the unlocked Google Nexus, either.. In some areas all of the coverage they have is band 12, period. They are doing this so the people that are in these areas and have bought their phones won't possibly be forced into roaming for an emergency call. Screwball network, I can't understand why anyone uses them. Where I live all they have is a 2G network that will by law have to be shutdown at the end of this year. I look for them to do something like this, have only one band for everything.

Picked one up from BB
Which could root to get rid of ATT/other crap
but disabled.
it's for SO, she likes larger screen
seems pretty zippy
Unlock went through with no issue

Closest store is 50 miles away.  I miss the WalMart Deal for $25.  When was it?  Did it get front page?

I thought each phone deal was supposed to automatically be given a Y/N if it'll work with Ringplus.

JK

If you're not aware seems Ringplus is suffering from a router problem in the West (?).

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6063/cannot-connect-to-r-dashboard-or-social-web-page

If you can't reach the URL you're probably affected too. Try Tor browser, or a browser VPN.
Edit: Back up.

wildbottom said:   Closest store is 50 miles away.  I miss the WalMart Deal for $25.  When was it?  Did it get front page?
  The WalMart item number is 46428958  You can check inventory here    It has been a couple of weeks ago. I managed to expand my search then and lucked up on two of them. I had just paid $60 for one a couple of days before. There is always a possibility you can find one, but it is doubtful now. All deals start out on the front page here and are bumped every time someone comments. People want to poo poo this deal as a regular sale and not especially hot. It has been a regular sale for a while. It is also a deal that is rapidly drying up. When they are gone we will be hard pressed to find a deal on a phone anywhere near as good as this on for $60. Get them while you can if you need one and it fits your needs. It's not a flagship phone by any means, but it is 10% of the cost of one and the performance is very good. This is Fat Wallet. We don't buy $600-$800 phones do we?

Can I use this with Tracfone?

Scrubking said:   Can I use this with Tracfone?
  I don't see why not, as long as your SIM number starts with 89014 (ATT). You would have to unlock it to use an 89012 SIM (T-Mo). I don't know what you would do about your minute bucket being displayed. You would probably just have to call or text to check your balance.

Available for shipping now if you couldn't order one earlier...

NotYourMomma said:   Available for shipping now if you couldn't order one earlier...
  & again

I got an unlock code with no problem.
I didn't even open the package.

Am I going to have separation anxiety with my Lumia 640?

I had two callers conferenced while I took a third call the other day.

nothing new.

clydestereo said:   I got an unlock code with no problem.
I didn't even open the package.

Am I going to have separation anxiety with my Lumia 640?

I had two callers conferenced while I took a third call the other day.

Yes.

Are you saying the 640 is better than this?

serenity22 said:   Are you saying the 640 is better than this?
  If you like Windows it is. I use a 640 daily and also have a couple of Androids, this one included. Every time I use an Android I want my WP back. Not everyone feels the same way about them. The 640 is a better build in my opinion. I also have a 640 XL, and like this one, it is too big for my pocket. The 640 is ideal size.

Thanks much.
I had the 521, and liked it a lot, specially at the price point and for travel. Somebody in another country insisted that I "gift" it to him, so I did.
Another visit is due soon, and I don't want to take my iPhone this time. Had a hard time keeping it from getting it "gifted".
Still need about 5 phones though.
Got in at $50 for the 640, and have 2 of those, so I guess they are keepers.
Looking for 3 more unlockable ones in the same price range.

serenity22 said:   Thanks much.
I had the 521, and liked it a lot, specially at the price point and for travel. Somebody in another country insisted that I "gift" it to him, so I did.
Another visit is due soon, and I don't want to take my iPhone this time. Had a hard time keeping it from getting it "gifted".
Still need about 5 phones though.
Got in at $50 for the 640, and have 2 of those, so I guess they are keepers.
Looking for 3 more unlockable ones in the same price range.

They are hard to find now. They came out with the 650 and sold out the 640 at clearance prices and aren't making them any longer. The 650 is $200 and not worth the difference to me. They have a metal frame, 16 GB ROM instead of 8, and Win 10 from the factory. To me that doesn't equal the price difference. They are very pretty, but as you know, the extra ROM really doesn't really matter with a Windows phone since all except native apps will move to the SD card and run just as fast with a class 10 card. For $15 you can add another 64 GB to the 640 and have a very nice phone. I think the 650 also has a 13 MP cam instead of 8 also. I just searched and the 640 is going pretty high since the supply has dried up.The last two I bought I got from WalMart for $15 each. Walgreens sold them out at $7 at some stores. They are $60-80 now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017