This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Flights to Istanbul from $426 Roundtrip

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fly from San Francisco, Atlanta, and Miami to Istanbul, Turkey from $425 roundtrip.
Flights available from September- December 2016

Flights are on Air Canada

Use Google Explore Map to find other routes on sale

Bookable on Priceline

Member Summary

Flights to Istanbul
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
context

marcopolomle (Jul. 16, 2016 @ 9:38p) |

Yes.
Istanbul is safer than NYC, DC, Boston, LA etc.
Mathematically, statistically speaking.

bluemonster (Jul. 29, 2016 @ 9:39a) |

Yes, lasting a day or two. FAA changes its mind.

bluemonster (Jul. 29, 2016 @ 9:40a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just can't wait for the deals in the UK ... Here we go strong dollar and weak pound, yeah baby!

heathiopian said:   Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople. So if you've a date in Constantinople, you'll be waiting in Istanbul. Even old new York was once New Amsterdam. Why they changed it I can't say. People just liked it better that way.
  That's nobody's business but the Turks!

Cheap flights from Turkey to most European cities too. 

jschuman said:   Just can't wait for the deals in the UK ... Here we go strong dollar and weak pound, yeah baby!
  hahahaha, You mean when crummy $400 hotels drop to only $300? Actually if the weak pound increases tourism hotel rates will go up.

I used Air Canada for the route many times before, the service sucked. It was better than United but still sucked. Turkish Airlines is the best in service, but it costs more to fly Turkish.

Wow. Solid deal!!

If they only had a deal on flights to Constantinople....

Klingsor said:   
tonycap said:   Make sure that your life insurance policy pays the beneficiary for kidnapping and death by the terrorists. Who in there right mind would want to go to Europe now and especially Turkey. If you are looking to get some pot, Colorado rocks.

t
out

Ignorant, and clearly written by someone who has never been to Istanbul. I've been to Istanbul dozens of times, and never got so much as a dirty look there. The city is beautiful, vibrant and unique, with a remarkably rich culture and history. In fact I believe that Istanbul is one of the dozen cities that everyone, particularly Americans, should visit once in their lives.

Well

Not that I have a crystal ball.   I guess you can get cheaper flights now that the Istanbul airport was attacked or bombed today,  

I told you so
Not planning on going there.  ever!!

Tue 6/28/2016 2:29 PM
Multiple injuries have been reported after 2 explosions rock the Ataturk Airport in Istanbul, a Turkish official tells the Associated Press

Istanbul has been dangerous the last couple weeks. Just a fact.

Hey

can we talk Hockey?  I love Hockey and maybe we can get along.  Drop the travel stuff unless you have a coupon for a 4-wd for Bozeman Montana January.  I love skiing too.
t

ctgolfer has a special gift

This thread went way off topic and really fast. I have cleaned it up and placed this thread under moderation. Please keep the thread on topic and leave the arguments out of it.

I've been to Istanbul dozens of times, and it's an amazing place. The city is beautiful, vibrant and unique, with a remarkably rich culture and history. In fact I believe that Istanbul is one of the dozen cities that everyone should visit once in their lives. If you are considering seeing Turkey, this is the best price I've ever seen for a flight there. And remember, this is a deal site. If you have been to Turkey and have travel tips, post them. If you don't like the deal, just move on.

Not so hot

too expensive considering what happened

I can think of 100 places I would go to before Turkey.

After this, it's probably going to be one of the safer airports. It can happen anywhere and probably will. Haggis Sophia remains on my bucket list.

Last year the person who USED to book travel at my company booked me from NY to Germany with a stop in Istanbul!! I was pissed. Not only going to an airport that is in the middle of a high risk area but taking like 40 hours round trip! Ug. I complained to the CEO, he ate the ticket and I got a direct flight to Germany from Toronto, (23 hour round trip yay) and left the day after the Paris attacks... talk about a trip that made you nervous and alert! I hope the area can settle down as I would not mind going to Turkey, I have met several Turks and they are great people.

king0fSpades said:   Not so hot
  Or too hot

rs899 said:   After this, it's probably going to be one of the safer airports. It can happen anywhere and probably will. Haggis Sophia remains on my bucket list.
  Some of the posters in this thread are underscoring that Turkey, and Istanbul in particular, has been under threat significantly more than in the past. A timeline from 6 months ago listed 4 different bombings in 2015. I have been to Istanbul, and it's indeed a wonderful city, but one would be foolish to consider it as safe as it was even 3 years ago.

ETA: that doesn't even include the attacks in January and March. Not the airport, but worth mentioning anyway.

I'm flying to Istanbul this saturday

belgique said:   I can think of 100 places I would go to before Turkey.
  You have never have been there.  I have.  It belongs in the top 50 of places in the world you should visit.  So much history and culture.

Would not go there again. Turkish food sucks. Besides you can see Istanbul in one day. Get there early morning. Grab a cab from the airport, cut a deal with the cabbie for 200-250 for the day, see all the sights and take an evening flight out.

limocad said:   Would not go there again. Turkish food sucks. Besides you can see Istanbul in one day. Get there early morning. Grab a cab from the airport, cut a deal with the cabbie for 200-250 for the day, see all the sights and take an evening flight out.
  Maybe next time you shouldn't take a checklist approach to traveling/sightseeing.

You can spend an entire week in Istanbul and still have tons of things left to see/do. 3 weeks is more appropriate if you want to travel down the Mediterranean coast and see all the Greek and Roman ruins, and some of the best beaches in the world. Also the food is excellent; a very diverse cuisine.

istanbul is an incredible city
been there and spent a week, still wanna go again

limocad said:   Would not go there again. Turkish food sucks. Besides you can see Istanbul in one day. Get there early morning. Grab a cab from the airport, cut a deal with the cabbie for 200-250 for the day, see all the sights and take an evening flight out.

Turkish food is excellent. Some of it is very similar to neighboring Greece. Lots of Mediterranean and middle eastern diverse cuisine.

There is plenty to see in Istanbul and the region to keep you busy for weeks.

Turkish coffee...ymmm

If you go there, go to some "pastane" (pastry-house) and try "acibadem". IMO the most delicious pastry (cookie?) in the whole world that is non-existent elsewhere, with its recipe kept secret as coke (only pastahane owners know it, and they don't even tell it to the close friends).

https://www.google.com/#q=acibadem+kurabiyesi

Allow around 5 pounds/week weight gain for any Turkey travel.

Good luck getting back home now ....

jschuman said:   Good luck getting back home now ....
  But maybe the price will go lower? 

I suppose with the demand for flights out, the tickets in could be nearly free.

Gee

Who in their right mind would want to travel to Istanbul? Before the coup attempt did you know that they have open boarders with Syria? I heard that it was the gateway to Syria and it got a nickname of jihadist express.

Prefer to travel domestically and perhaps Switzerland or Scotland.
good luck with travel where ever you go.
t

tonycap said:   Gee

Who in their right mind would want to travel to Istanbul? Before the coup attempt did you know that they have open boarders with Syria? I heard that it was the gateway to Syria and it got a nickname of jihadist express.

Prefer to travel domestically and perhaps Switzerland or Scotland.
good luck with travel where ever you go.
t

Dude! Have you ever been to Glasgow??

jschuman said:   Good luck getting back home now ....
The dude seemed to have pulled a trump card with his cellphone video call and now people are out in the street pulling soldiers out of their tanks..
This will go down in history as "coup which was defeated by a cellphone"

​Go ahead and have fun in Turkey, TURKEYS!!  LOL

Did this deal expire?

Hey
Not been to Glasgow yet.  On my bucket list.  I would go and try to play on the beautiful and challenging golf course.  Working on getting my golf handicap down to tournament minimum levels to play those courses.  Been playing the RTJ Trail in Bama for the past 3 years and in South Florida where the crime is much higher than in continental US.  Had to say that considering I severely discounted any travel to Istanbul.  I rather take my chances in SOFLA an enjoy my 2nd amendment right to carry.  Can't do that in France, Istanbul and other radical populated immigrants.  Staying domestic.
I hope that those who risked their lives to visit Turkey are safe and not sorry.  BTW, this hot deal could have been posted in TRAVEL.
tc

Maybe if the coup was actually successful, I would consider going, what a bummer

Skipping 9 Messages...
rushhound said:   FAA bans flights between the U.S. and Turkey

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/16/faa-bans-fli...

Yes, lasting a day or two. FAA changes its mind.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016