16GB $149 -25 = $124
32GB $179 -25 = $154 

https://www.amazon.com/electronics-store/b/?ie=UTF8&node=14613304011

Member Summary

phone
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Good deals don't last long. Get it while it is still alive. Additional $25 discount + $30 Amazon Visa discount are alrea... (more)

Kenpet22 (Aug. 26, 2016 @ 1:05p) |

Funny enough, I have both these phones, G4 and Fire. Always thought Fire was unfairly maligned as I really enjoyed mine.... (more)

anonguy (Aug. 26, 2016 @ 2:08p) |

Miss not having "soft" restart button. One common problem across both Moto E and Moto G4 is impact on voice quality. Esp... (more)

FatWKing (Aug. 26, 2016 @ 2:46p) |

Promo details for the $25 off : 

This is a limited time offer.
Offer only applies to "Moto G (4th Generation) - Black - 16 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads" or "Moto G (4th Generation) - Black - 32 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads."
Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Offer good while supplies last.
Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
This offer is available to Prime members only.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Compatible with all US GSM networks.."

so it won't work internationally on GSM networks?

ssgcinty said:   "Compatible with all US GSM networks.."

It will work on any GSM network.  

(GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, (4G HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1700/1900/2100 MHz, (4G LTE Up to 150Mbps) 2/4/7/17, 12 will be added via Over-the-Air Update (OTA)

What is universally compatible vs. GSM compatible?There are two types of unlocked phones—universally compatible and GSM-compatible. Most unlocked phones are GSM-compatible, meaning they can be used with GSM network carriers. In the U.S., major GSM carriers include AT&T and T-Mobile, and most carriers outside the U.S. use GSM, as well. Universally unlocked phones can be used on GSM or CDMA networks. Verizon and Sprint are the major CDMA networks in the U.S. A CDMA phone will not work on a GSM network, and vice versa. A universally unlocked phone is perfect if you don’t want to be locked into a limited selection of carriers or if you use a CDMA network in the U.S., but often travel and need access to GSM networks. Before buying, make sure the phone you want works on the same network type and bands as your desired carrier. In the U.S. and internationally, different carriers use different portions of the available radio frequencies. This is noted in megahertz (MHz), and common bands include 800, 850, and 1900 MHz. This is especially important if you plan to use your phone internationally because different bands are used in different regions of the world. If you’re not sure, check the specs on our product pages or contact your carrier.

I'm guessing they are compatible with international GSM.

VoR said:   Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads

Moto G has an extra $25 off right now.
16GB $149 -25 = $124
32GB $179 -25 = $154 

hmph, I'm seeing base prices of $199 and $229 for the 16/32GB units, respectively.  This is with the "offers and ads" version, on a Prime Account.  (at checkout, the price does reflect the $25 coupon)

the $25 is taken off at checkout.  I'd like to know - short answer - how this is different from the "pure" i just got which is slightly smaller.

The prices cited are for phones "with offers and ads". How annoying are those "offers and ads"?

The images show the Google play store icon so I'm assuming these will support Play store. The Fire phones didn't have google support integrated in the customized OS (though you could sideload I think).

Probably not bad at all. Will probably only turn off those people that have to absolutely have their chosen lock screen image showing.

I have it on 4 tablets, I thought I'd hate it, but really don't even notice it now. Just swipe when I turn it on. Phone might be a little different since you interact with it more.

My 1st gen Moto G had died battery and/or main board failure after a year's light use and 3rd gen has problem getting recognized by Windows 10 when connected (no folder/file accessible). Will stay away from moto.

Oh, had good experience with a couple of Moto E though.

YMMV, got it to try on R+, in for http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/06/motorolas-new-moto-g4-an... 16GB, Hope I can find a Sprint sim cheap.

GSM and CDMA, best of both worlds. 

This item will be released on July 12, 2016.

Monkeybiz said:   Hope I can find a Sprint sim cheap.

Didn't you just buy 10 SIM cards Sprint for free?

marcopolomle said:   
Monkeybiz said:   Hope I can find a Sprint sim cheap.
Didn't you just buy 10 SIM cards Sprint for free?

sadly that sim deal was cancelled after greed got the better of some who ordered over ten. I still have some new BB $3 sims and might get lucky again. I'm in deep with Amazon so a little more won't hurt. I can flip my Fire tablet in a few weeks. Pretty easy call, I have a few weeks to look into this before it ships, buy now think later. 

garycook said:   My 1st gen Moto G had died battery and/or main board failure after a year's light use and 3rd gen has problem getting recognized by Windows 10 when connected (no folder/file accessible). Will stay away from moto.

I had 2 1st gen Moto G LTEs die on me in 15 months. First one just decided to shut off while driving to work one morning never to turn back on and the warranty replacement's earpiece speaker broke so you could only use speakerphone. I liked the phone when it worked but it didn't and Motorola's support had seemingly no rhyme or reason to doing anything.

Also none of the three Moto G's (support also sent me a non-LTE phone by mistake and couldn't figure out how to take it back) I had would connect to Hyundai's Bluetooth phone system (in 2 separate cars) 

But the true spirit of a Fire Phone is that you get 1 full year of Prime membership with the purchase.

Do they also have that?

If they renewed my prime membership I would get one.

Seems like a good deal, will work on any carrier in the US as well as GSM overseas as well as a fair amount of LTE bands that would work when traveling.   

devyanks90 said:   
garycook said:   My 1st gen Moto G had died battery and/or main board failure after a year's light use and 3rd gen has problem getting recognized by Windows 10 when connected (no folder/file accessible). Will stay away from moto.

I had 2 1st gen Moto G LTEs die on me in 15 months. First one just decided to shut off while driving to work one morning never to turn back on and the warranty replacement's earpiece speaker broke so you could only use speakerphone. I liked the phone when it worked but it didn't and Motorola's support had seemingly no rhyme or reason to doing anything.

Also none of the three Moto G's (support also sent me a non-LTE phone by mistake and couldn't figure out how to take it back) I had would connect to Hyundai's Bluetooth phone system (in 2 separate cars) 

That's strange. My 1st gen Moto G LTE is still doing fine. But mine is locked to Cricket - locked bootloader (or whatever, I don't know the technical term) and is stuck on kit kat.

It's only an ad on the lockscreen? Is that going to drain the battery on this phone? It's such a big discount on a new phone that I'm wondering if there's a catch. I'm on the fence and hoping they have a G4 Plus at this kind of a discount.

http://www.slashgear.com/amazon-has-cheap-unlocked-android-phone...
"The breakthrough pricing on unlocked smartphones is supported by personalized offers and ads, including deals and product recommendations, displayed on the phone’s lockscreen," said an Amazon representative. "When a customer sees an offer, they can tap to learn more about it or simply unlock their phone to dismiss."

Hmmm....so one could theoretically join Prime for a month to get the discount, and then after they get the phone somehow flash the Moto G4 to get rid of the Amazonian crap?   Maybe just a nice hard reset?  Surely Am@zon has already thought this through to prevent such a thing, or......?  

Blu R1 is this a good phone or should I go with the moto?

u should go with moto

Larryslug said:   Hmmm....so one could theoretically join Prime for a month to get the discount, and then after they get the phone somehow flash the Moto G4 to get rid of the Amazonian crap?   Maybe just a nice hard reset?  Surely Am@zon has already thought this through to prevent such a thing, or......?  
  I'm sure
a) you could do it with a flash
b) since this is a new model (4th gen), the flash won't be out for a while
c) the ads won't be that big of a deal
d) you might like Amazon's "underground" apps - their "totally free" stuff.
e) flashing the rom seems like a lot of effort just to save $50.

Has anyone read anything if T-Mobile will support B12 VoLTE with the Moto G4? My parents only have B12 coverage, so that's a must for me.

Note that the $49 BLU has 1GB RAM and 8GB storage.  For only $10 more, you can get it with 2GB/16GB.  Paying the extra $10 is a no-brainer if you want to get the BLU.

I want to buy this for use on my Ring+ account. Can this be "added" to my account or do I need to "swap devices" ? (I already have an LG registered and working)
Where can I buy a SIM card to use with the Moto G4 on Ring+ ?

Will the Blu R1 HD work with Ring+ ?

Thanks in advance

blueribb said:   I want to buy this for use on my Ring+ account. Can this be "added" to my account or do I need to "swap devices" ? (I already have an LG registered and working)
Where can I buy a SIM card to use with the Moto G4 on Ring+ ?

Will the Blu R1 HD work with Ring+ ?

Thanks in advance

Swap devices and the SIMs card be found on eBay.  

BLU R1 is GSM only (no CDMA) -- better to get the $60 version if you're buying it

http://www.bluproducts.com/r1-hd/ 
BLU R1 HD comes with 4G LTE bands 2(1900 MHz), 4(1700 MHz), 7(2600 MHz) and 17(2100MHz) and 3G bands 850/1700/1900/2100. 4G LTE band 12(700 MHz) will be available via OTA (Over-the-air) update shortly after launch.

Moto G4 and G4 Plus are both GSM & CDMA compatible
http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g 
http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-plus 

If you don't like Amazon ads and/or don't have a paid Prime membership then preorder from Best Buy or B&H Photo for a free $50 GC instead
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/motorola-moto-g4-co4335 
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/items/ci/31828/N/3644221709 

Pre-ordered BLU R1HD 16G (2G RAM). [Can always cancel before 7/12]

Who will be doing the updates past Marshmallow?
Can the (Lock Screen) ads be set to use WiFi only?

I have no issues with lock screen ads. They can be useful if they are customized properly. (A recent Amazon purchase was initiated based on an Amazon Fire Tablet lock screen ad.)

toenailsmasher said:   

What is universally compatible vs. GSM compatible?There are two types of unlocked phones—universally compatible and GSM-compatible. Most unlocked phones are GSM-compatible, meaning they can be used with GSM network carriers. In the U.S., major GSM carriers include AT&T and T-Mobile, and most carriers outside the U.S. use GSM, as well. Universally unlocked phones can be used on GSM or CDMA networks. Verizon and Sprint are the major CDMA networks in the U.S. A CDMA phone will not work on a GSM network, and vice versa. A universally unlocked phone is perfect if you don’t want to be locked into a limited selection of carriers or if you use a CDMA network in the U.S., but often travel and need access to GSM networks. Before buying, make sure the phone you want works on the same network type and bands as your desired carrier. In the U.S. and internationally, different carriers use different portions of the available radio frequencies. This is noted in megahertz (MHz), and common bands include 800, 850, and 1900 MHz. This is especially important if you plan to use your phone internationally because different bands are used in different regions of the world. If you’re not sure, check the specs on our product pages or contact your carrier.

I'm guessing they are compatible with international GSM.

Your last sentence say you don't know the answer to his question.  Makes me read through all that and than you said "I'm guessing".  LOL

Redbeard25 said:   
Larryslug said:   Hmmm....so one could theoretically join Prime for a month to get the discount, and then after they get the phone somehow flash the Moto G4 to get rid of the Amazonian crap?   Maybe just a nice hard reset?  Surely Am@zon has already thought this through to prevent such a thing, or......?  
  I'm sure
a) you could do it with a flash
b) since this is a new model (4th gen), the flash won't be out for a while
c) the ads won't be that big of a deal
d) you might like Amazon 's "underground" apps - their "totally free" stuff.
e) flashing the rom seems like a lot of effort just to save $50.

Motorolas are usally pretty flash friendly.  I would guess that Amazon will do its own thing and lock it down though.

I pre ordered the BLU R1HD 16G 2G. The curved glass looks nice. I am thinking about using it with my T mobile legacy SIM. If I don’t cancel it will be my first phone with Gorilla glass. The other phones I always had to put something on that bubbled and looked like junk to protect the screen. 

I placed the pre order as I think they may sell out and bump the date. 

Can someone comfirm the following...   With the Moto G4, since it's unlocked and both GSM & CDMA,  Would I be able to use both Cricket and Verizon service at the same time?

telflonmail said:   Pre-ordered BLU R1HD 16G (2G RAM). [Can always cancel before 7/12]

Who will be doing the updates past Marshmallow?
Can the (Lock Screen) ads be set to use WiFi only?

I have no issues with lock screen ads. They can be useful if they are customized properly. (A recent Amazon purchase was initiated based on an Amazon Fire Tablet lock screen ad.)

Do you have to sign into your Amazon acct to use the phone? Can I buy it for a friend who doesn't have Amazon prime acct? Thx

Jes1 said:   Can someone comfirm the following...   With the Moto G4, since it's unlocked and both GSM & CDMA,  Would I be able to use both Cricket and Verizon service at the same time?
  You can use both, but not at the time.

more on the Moto G4 on Ringplus. https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6118/new-moto-g4-phone
Deal gets bonus points as compatible with R+.
Hoping it uses my spare Nexus 6 SIMGLW426C $2.99 (nano SIM) from BB.

only 113?!

Been in search for an unlocked GSM phone that has dual SIMs, and I don't think this is it.

The details they list on the Moto G aren't clear if this is the model that is both CDMA and GSM compatible. It says the version would vary by market. I wouldn't go by the Motorola site specs, because that isn't going to tell you what version Amazon is selling.

Skipping 66 Messages...
Miss not having "soft" restart button. One common problem across both Moto E and Moto G4 is impact on voice quality. Especially while on bluetooth. Try browsing or some other app and the voice quality would degrade intermittently....not sure if others have noticed it....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017