rated:

Posted with ToGo

Member Summary

kershaw
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for 2 getting ready for Christmas 

Good deal for this. In for one. Thanks for posting!

What does 3/4 Ton mean in knives?

po90260 said:   What does 3/4 Ton mean in knives?
  Not sure but they sell a 1/2 ton and a 1 ton also. All the difference seems to be in blade and overall length.
Probably just borrowing from pickup truck terminology.

I love kershaw, and the steel in this knife is good.

I haven't seen the 1 ton, but this would be a good knife for an EDC (every day carry).
 Retail listed was actual retail.  I would consider buying several as gifts for friends/ family if I could get free shipping.. no cablea's near me...

Thanks OP. In for one. Great reviews and price!

Good buy, but probably not a good knife. The non-Made in USA Kershaws are heavy, bulky and use a lower grade of steel than the better ones. I bought a non-USA model similar to this in a FW buy a while back, it's still sitting in the box. Too heavy to be of any use to actually carry. Meanwhile, my Kershaw Leek is a daily carry that I'd feel lost without. You never notice how useful a knife is on a daily basis until you carry one.

OOS, but at Amazon for 13.79 if one doesn't mind the 40% increase.

https://www.amazon.com/KERSHAW-Glass-Filled-Nylon-Handle/dp/B00B...

sold out on Cabelas

I bought one of these, then bought four more to give as gifts. It's a great knife for the price and it has a very thick blade. It's a great car knife, because it you need to pry something with the blade it's not likely to break. I wouldn't buy it to filet halibut.

dogmeat said:   I bought one of these, then bought four more to give as gifts. It's a great knife for the price and it has a very thick blade. It's a great car knife, because it you need to pry something with the blade it's not likely to break. I wouldn't buy it to filet halibut.

OTOH, I might buy one just for the halibut.

Thank you!  (Try the veal ...)

ziolo said:   Good buy, but probably not a good knife. The non-Made in USA Kershaws are heavy, bulky and use a lower grade of steel than the better ones. I bought a non-USA model similar to this in a FW buy a while back, it's still sitting in the box. Too heavy to be of any use to actually carry. Meanwhile, my Kershaw Leek is a daily carry that I'd feel lost without. You never notice how useful a knife is on a daily basis until you carry one.

I have leeks, chives, etc... and they are nice.

Sometimes I want to carry a BRUTE of a knife. and this fits.

BTW, I ordered after my previous post and had found a free shipping code.  They should deliver tomorrow and I will let you guys know what I think of them (bought 2, if I am dissatisfied, I may give them, to my nephews for their fishing boxes...)

ordered 2, received my packae

NOTE I did not say received my 2 knives...

I called Cabelas, exp[lained shipping bag was ripped open, taped back together, and then delivered, with 1 of 2 knives.

After 30 seconds or so, she said: "I have re-ordered the 2nd knife and it will be shipped in 3 to 5 days".
I thanked her, and also said MUCH more about customer support.... and received the 2nd knife today.

CABELLAS is the greatest.. and I have been ordering from them / shopping in their (out of state) stores every time I go by one...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017