• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Staples (81.63kB)

Posted with ToGo

Staples | 25% Back in Rewards Storewide  (Jul 17 - Jul 23)

Retail Coupon Code: 31800
Valid in Staples ® U.S. stores only. Membership number must be supplied during purchase to receive benefits. Not valid on prior urchases or purchases made with Staples ® Procurement or Convenience Cards. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Purchase a qualifying item and earn 25% back in Staples Rewards®. Standard percent back in Staples Rewards® will be excluded. Price eligible is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, streaming devices, Amazon products, Apple®, Bose®, Canon® ink, Epson® EcoTank? printers, Epson® ink and toner, Home Automation, JBL®, SquareTrade® warranties, Staples ® EasyTechsm, Steelcase®, Ultimate Ears®, Wacom®, self-service print, computer workstation, faxing, promotional products purchased on staplespromotionalproducts.com, outsourced print, gift cards, mobile phones and services, phone cards or postage stamps. Customer may only qualify for one promotion in a single transaction. Staples Rewards® are issued online monthly in increments of $5. Rewards expire the last day of the month following the month in which they are issued and cannot be redeemed after the expiration date. Monthly balances of less than $5 will roll over through the end of the following calendar quarter.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary

Important bits:

• Only the Out Of Pocket amount will earn 25% back in rewards (so after coupons, after rewards, pre-tax, etc.).

• Paying with gift cards is just like using cash -- you should earn rewards.
    • Paying with Rewards is just like using coupons -- you will not earn rewards on the amount paid for with rewards.

• Kiosk orders:

• If an item is not an "Online only" item: Kiosk orders paid for at the cash register are considered in-store purchases for rewards purposes and have qualified for this offer in the past.
    • If the item is an "Online only" item: The general rule for back in rewards coupons and kiosk orders paid for at the cash register is that rewards will not be paid out on "Online only" items unless the item has Staples SKU. A Staples SKU is six or seven numeric digits (123456 / 1234567). Examples of non-Staples SKU would be those that start with two alpha characters. Of course, if the rewards system does not automatically pay out, you are left to the tender mercies of rewards customer service ....
    • Excluded items of course still do not qualify.

• Only one rewards offer per item. The 25% back in rewards offer over-rides lessor rewards offers (e.g. the standard 2%/3%/5% back will not be earned as well) just as a greater rewards offer would over-ride the 25% back in rewards offer.
  • The percentage back in rewards coupon activates the offer for the all qualifying items in the purchase so it only needs to be scanned once per transaction. While on the receipt it will attach to any one item and only one item -- generally magically -- in the Rewards System it will be applied to all qualifying items according to how the offer was programmed into the Rewards System.
  • While the coupon will attach to purchases for two days after the expiration date, the rewards offer ends 23 July 2016. Once the rewards offer expires, even if the coupon attaches, no rewards will be awarded.
  • The amount of the rewards earned from a specific purchase should be noted on the rewards accounts -- noted, not made available for use -- within in several days or so in the "Purchase Details" section of the Rewards account. The Rewards account notes the date through which transactions have been updated. For whatever reason, the actual date through which transaction have been updated is one day less than noted.
  • Rewards are generally made available for use in the middle of the month following the purchase -- generally on the 2nd Thursday of that month -- so for purchases in July the rewards should be made available August 11th-ish.
  • For more information about rewards, or anything else about Staples, see the Staples Information Thread.

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the explanation. I want a Brother printer drum DR-720, only available online but it's sku is 356348. If I'm understanding this correctly I should get the rewards using a kiosk order and paying at the register.

WalterGuy said:   Thanks for the explanation. I want a Brother printer drum DR-720, only available online but it's sku is 356348. If I'm understanding this correctly I should get the rewards using a kiosk order and paying at the register.
Correct. I add an in-store item to the purchase as well ... but it probably isn't necessary.

My purchases from Saturday 07/23, both rebate and non-rebate, earned 25% back in rewards.

I just wanted to put out a reminder about the problems in the system with getting the 25% rewards on some transactions. My (non-paper) purchase from 7/22 was never credited, and only had the regular 5%. I called customer service today and they are adding the missing rewards. Anyone who didn't get this issue resolved before rewards came out today should double check to make sure they got the correct amount.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016