Staples B&M $5 MM a/rewards & rebate on HAMMERMILL REAMS

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples Coupons | Staples.com
Disclaimer
http://www.staples.com/coupons

Buy 4 Hammermill reams, use 4 x 1c after er coupon at link AND the 25% back in rewards coupon at link

approx $5-6 mm after rewards and rebates

Member Summary

HAMMERMILL REAMS
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
7/22

FatWKing (Jul. 26, 2016 @ 3:46p) |

Another Friday.

bpvh (Jul. 26, 2016 @ 4:50p) |

Sounds like Friday the 13th. What the hell is wrong with the system? It seems totally arbitrary in who gets 25%.

FatWKing (Jul. 27, 2016 @ 7:20a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there any particular order in which you apply the two coupons at the Staples B&M? My concern is that the 25% would negate the rebate offer.

NoFixedAddress said:   Is there any particular order in which you apply the two coupons at the Staples B&M? My concern is that the 25% would negate the rebate offer.

no, rewards offers do not negate rebate offers, ever.  order of Q's shouldn't matter on this type of deal.

NoFixedAddress said:   Is there any particular order in which you apply the two coupons at the Staples B&M? My concern is that the 25% would negate the rebate offer.
  It won't negate the rebate offer, but it is possible that you may not get 25% rewards...just the usual 5%. I would wait a few days and check the rewards amt. If it is 25%, go ahead and submit the rebate. Otherwise, you can return the paper.

FatWKing said:   
  It won't negate the rebate offer, but it is possible that you may not get 25% rewards...just the usual 5%. I would wait a few days and check the rewards amt. If it is 25%, go ahead and submit the rebate. Otherwise, you can return the paper.

1) it worked just last month on the last 25% back in rewards offer, so I'm not concerned really

2) the paper is 1c after rebate so returning it to the store even if the rewards didn't come thru is sort of a waste, especially with the 5% premier rewards covering most of the sales tax for many.

After the 25% back in rewards, and $5 ER, Staples brand paper (#513099) is  99 cents.

Not a money maker like the Hammermill paper, but a decent deal.

george2001 said:   After the 25% off and $5 ER, Staples brand paper (#513099) is also 1 cent.

George, it's not 25% off, it is 25% back in rewards....and that is NOT a MM. only the OP Hammermill is a MM item. if you're looking for extra cheap paper, yes the Staples MP reams would be 1c after rewards and rebate. but not a MM.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
george2001 said:   After the 25% off and $5 ER, Staples brand paper (#513099) is also 1 cent.

George, it's not 25% off, it is 25% back in rewards....and that is NOT a MM. only the OP Hammermill is a MM item. if you're looking for extra cheap paper, yes the Staples MP reams would be 1c after rewards and rebate. but not a MM.

Thank you...I've corrected my post.

george2001 said:   After the 25% back in rewards, and $5 ER, Staples brand paper (#513099) is also 1 cent.

Not a money maker like the Hammermill paper.

At least according to my ad, Staples MP reams are $7.99 with a $5.00 rebate.

25% back in rewards on $7.99 is $2.00.

$7.99 - $5.00 rebate - $2.00 back in rewards does not equal $0.01. It equals $0.99.

maybe it is a good time to buy school supply now with the 25% reward? Any chance for better deal later?

bpvh said:   
george2001 said:   After the 25% back in rewards, and $5 ER, Staples brand paper (#513099) is also 1 cent.

Not a money maker like the Hammermill paper.

At least according to my ad, Staples MP reams are $7.99 with a $5.00 rebate.

25% back in rewards on $7.99 is $2.00.

$7.99 - $5.00 rebate - $2.00 back in rewards does not equal $0.01. It equals $0.99.

Wow...I can't do math this morning!  Thanks.  Corrected.

bbway said:   maybe it is a good time to buy school supply now with the 25% reward? Any chance for better deal later?

If you just want a decent deal to get it over with, sure. If you're going to Staples every week anyway they'll almost certainly have better deals over the next few weeks; also, don't forget to price match other retailer's back-to-school ads.

The Easy Rebate is limited to four reams, the $0.99 off coupon is limited to one ream per customer (or maybe per checkout). I ended up with four reams for $3.01 after rebate but before tax and rewards. I'll still be OK if I get the 25% rewards.

taxmantoo said:   The Easy Rebate is limited to four reams, the $0.99 off coupon is limited to one ream per customer (or maybe per checkout). I ended up with four reams for $3.01 after rebate but before tax and rewards. I'll still be OK if I get the 25% rewards.
To get the Hammermill ream coupon to attach to all four reams, it would need to be scanned four times. The limit one is enforced by the cashier not the cash register system. And of course some cashiers will scan the coupon as many time as you want while some cashiers will not.

Hammermill case would only be about$1 after rebates of $41 and rewards of $14(.25% of 55.99)same with 2 cases of Staples MP from kiosk,which is also priced at $55.99 and has a limit of 2  rebates.

veryhumble said:   Hammermill case would only be about$1 after rebates of $41 and rewards of $14(.25% of 55.99)same with 2 cases of Staples MP from kiosk,which is also priced at $55.99 and has a limit of 2  rebates.
Could also do a PM to Staples.com for an additional $9MM, as always YMMV since the store is a rebate but I think its likely it will go unnoticed since the rebate is only activated by the NI SKU "coupon" and is not advertised in store.

The Staples salesperson who rang me up insisted that the 25% back in rewards only applied to the after-rebate price of $0.01 (e.g, he insisted that it would be essentially meaningless.) I said I thought it applied to the pre-rebate price, but he was insistent; saying "I've worked here a long time and I've seen how it works and I've had to explain this to many customers. It's even worked that way for me when I've purchased things." I told him I'd try it anyway, but what does the FW crowd think?

rewards.jpg
Disclaimer
larryc said:   The Staples salesperson who rang me up insisted that the 25% back in rewards only applied to the after-rebate price of $0.01 (e.g, he insisted that it would be essentially meaningless.) I said I thought it applied to the pre-rebate price, but he was insistent; saying "I've worked here a long time and I've seen how it works and I've had to explain this to many customers. It's even worked that way for me when I've purchased things." I told him I'd try it anyway, but what does the FW crowd think?
The salesperson is wrong. The 25% back in rewards applies to the out of pocket amount (after coupons, after rewards, pre sales tax, pre shipping, etc.) not the after rebate amount.

Not to mention that the rebate and rewards system are not linked at all ....

ADDED:
See attached picture from previous 25% back in rewards offer. Rewards for a Hammermill ream paper purchase that had a rebate and item specific coupons attached. The starting price per ream is 10% lower than retail because I am Premier Gold.

ADDED2:
For more information about back in rewards offers, see the Quick Summary of the following thread:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1513100/

larryc said:   The Staples salesperson who rang me up insisted that the 25% back in rewards only applied to the after-rebate price of $0.01 (e.g, he insisted that it would be essentially meaningless.) I said I thought it applied to the pre-rebate price, but he was insistent; saying "I've worked here a long time and I've seen how it works and I've had to explain this to many customers. It's even worked that way for me when I've purchased things." I told him I'd try it anyway, but what does the FW crowd think?
  The last time I used one of those 25% rewards coupons it was on cases of paper.  I had $80 in rewards from that deal.

bpvh said:   
The salesperson is wrong. The 25% back in rewards applies to the out of pocket amount (after coupons, after rewards, pre sales tax, pre shipping, etc.) not the after rebate amount.

ADDED:
See attached picture from previous 25% back in rewards offer. Rewards for a Hammermill ream paper purchase that had a rebate and item specific coupons attached. The starting price per ream is 10% lower than retail because I am Premier Gold.

ADDED2:
For more information about back in rewards offers, see the Quick Summary of the following thread:

However, it should be mentioned that last year Staples arbitrarily decided to not give 25% back when they were selling an anti-virus program that was one cent after rebate.

Comment compilation: (For my benefit ):

Good deal to monetize Ink Rewards  BUT  lose the 25% Back-in-Rewards.

On the other hand, buy out-of-pocket and pay sales tax.  Need to plan additional purchases for the quarter since the Rewards payout is in $5 increments. AND from previous threads: only one 25% reward issued per promotion. On balance, Mr. C., the MM deal is BEST!

Stolat said:   Comment compilation: (For my benefit ):

On the other hand, buy out-of-pocket and pay sales tax.  Need to plan additional purchases for the quarter since the Rewards payout is in $5 increments. AND from previous threads: only one 25% reward issued per promotion. On balance, Mr. C., the MM deal is BEST!

The Hammermill reams will be no more than $1 after rebate next week so IMO better to not monetize rewards this week on the Hammermill reams or anything else unless necessary.

And what does "only one 25% reward issued per promotion" mean?

MrVietnam said:   
bpvh said:   

ADDED:

ADDED2:

However, it should be mentioned that last year Staples arbitrarily decided to not give 25% back when they were selling an anti-virus program that was one cent after rebate.

True, but the risk on this deal is minimal.

worst case, with no rewards, it is 1c aer (plus tax)

Paper has NO deadline on return date (just save your receipt), (unlike the software at 14 days UNOPENED). On that deal, people put out up to $400 oop (limit was 10) expecting up to a $100 mm, here we are talking about $5 mm on 4 reams. So the risk/reward profile here is far less.

bpvh said:   

The Hammermill reams will be no more than $1 after rebate next week so IMO better to not monetize rewards this week on the Hammermill reams or anything else unless necessary.

Please IGNORE my phrase "only one 25% reward issued per promotion".  I thought it meant only one 25% reward would be issued during the week even if multiple purchases were made while presenting the coupon for each purchase; I could not find the old thread that discussed the issue so the requisite citation can not be provided.

I have had 4 separate transactions in one 25% bonus week, due to managers who only allow 1 scan of a paper case coupon, all 4 did have the correct 25% rewards on my account.

Stolat said:   
bpvh said:   

Please IGNORE my phrase "only one 25% reward issued per promotion".  I thought it meant only one 25% reward would be issued during the week even if multiple purchases were made while presenting the coupon for each purchase; I could not find the old thread that discussed the issue so the requisite citation can not be provided.

It has never worked that way. There is no limit to the number of qualifying 25% back in rewards transactions that can be made during the offer period.

There is a limit of one rewards offer per transaction. For example, a standard rewards member will earn the 25% back in rewards but not the 2% back in rewards usually earned.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Paper has NO deadline on return date (just save your receipt), (unlike the software at 14 days UNOPENED).Once again, Mr. C ...

These items may be returned at any time for a full refund.

Office supplies
Unopened Boxed software
Unused ink and toner cartridges

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   Paper has NO deadline on return date (just save your receipt), (unlike the software at 14 days UNOPENED).
Once again, Mr. C ...

These items may be returned at any time for a full refund.

Office supplies
Unopened Boxed software
Unused ink and toner cartridges

really? ok..I could swear at one time it was 14 days on Software.

Is there still a way to get those $10 off $50 Staples coupons? I used to use http://www.staples.com/emaildeal all the time. After it went away I got a few more, but they always expire right away so I didn't bother with them most of the time and now I don't remember how.

Danzilla said:   Is there still a way to get those $10 off $50 Staples coupons? I used to use http://www.staples.com/emaildeal all the time. After it went away I got a few more, but they always expire right away so I didn't bother with them most of the time and now I don't remember how.
  Chrome (Incognito) >> www.staples.com and at least for me wait for the page to completely load  >> refresh until 10/50 pop up

What can the 10/50 coupons be used for that is a decent deal at Staples?
Will they work on $56 case paper that also has a rebate?

Was anyone able to get the Hammermill case (SKU 122374) coupon (NI SKU 866957) to work after a price match in store? Didn't work for me!

george2001 said:   Was anyone able to get the Hammermill case (SKU 122374) coupon (NI SKU 866957) to work after a price match in store? Didn't work for me!
  It worked for me last week, didn't try it this week yet (going tomorrow).

emp1 said:   
george2001 said:   Was anyone able to get the Hammermill case (SKU 122374) coupon (NI SKU 866957) to work after a price match in store? Didn't work for me!

Thanks, let me know what happens.  I was told at the register that the "NI  SKU" wouldn't apply.  I didn't buy them, I'll try another store if you get positive results.

george2001 said:     Thanks, let me know what happens.  I was told at the register that the "NI  SKU" wouldn't apply.  I didn't buy them, I'll try another store if you get positive results.

Did cashier say the register wouldnt accept it or that the rebate wouldnt go through? Did they even try to scan the NI SKU (as a SKU)?
I will take what the cashier said with a big grain of salt. Frankly, Staple$ cashiers can be quite clueless about this. As long as they sacn it (not as a coupon but as a SKU) and the register accepts it, I would be very surprised if the rebate doesnt go through.

george2001 said:   
emp1 said:   

Thanks, let me know what happens.  I was told at the register that the "NI  SKU" wouldn't apply.  I didn't buy them, I'll try another store if you get positive results.

Not really sure what they mean wouldn't apply, the NI SKU is a SKU, not a coupon, so it would show up as a $0.00 item. They probably tried entering it as a coupon (which takes a 5 digit code) instead of a SKU (6 digit code). The only reason why the NI SKU needs to be on the receipt is for the rebate system, it will only validate the rebate if you bought both items on the receipt, the register doesn't care about if the case of paper is on the receipt or not or if it was price matched.

my store will only let use the $0.99 off coupon once, not 4 times

I know that coupons and rewards do not work together online if your rewards puts your total below the requirement for the coupon. But do folks still have luck getting the coupon to apply later, through online chat or over the phone?

vrb747 said:   I know that coupons and rewards do not work together online if your rewards puts your total below the requirement for the coupon. But do folks still have luck getting the coupon to apply later, through online chat or over the phone?

no, in store only coupons must be applied in store. Rewards Q is an in store only deal.

Skipping 33 Messages...
bpvh said:   
FatWKing said:   
bpvh said:   
FatWKing said:   
3c3 said:   Got 25% reward for HM reams and Staples cases, purchased on 7/23.
  I can't explain this. Did you use $0.99 coupon (code 85227) for HM as well? I purchased 4 reams in one transaction. 85227 applied to all 4 reams (so 1c after rebate) + 16119 (25% rewards back coupon; which takes a penny off one of the 4 reams). Just 5% rewards.

I too purchased on Saturday 07/23 and earned 25% back on all qualifying items including rebate items and on items with item coupons. What day did you make your purchase?

7/22

Another Friday.

Sounds like Friday the 13th. What the hell is wrong with the system? It seems totally arbitrary in who gets 25%.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017