This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB Portable External Hard Drive (WDBBKD0020BBK) - $56.99 AC FS @ Rakuten

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

2TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive 64.99
Disclaimer
For one day only, Rakuten has the WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB Portable External Hard Drive (WDBBKD0020BBK) on sale for $76.99 - $20 coupon code "SUMMER20" = $56.99 with free shipping. Using the coupon requires a MasterPass account and the MasterPass checkout option must be used for payment. Earn 5% in Rakuten Super Points w/ promo code REWARDME.

Deal Notes: This beats the previously lowest price we've seen for the 2TB Passport of $64.99 and even the $58.99 for the MAC version. 

• 2TB Storage Capacity
  • 256-bit AES hardware encryption
  • 3-year limited warranty

Rated 4.6/5 stars with 4,370 customer reviews on Amazon.

The next lowest price is $88.88 from Amazon.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice... USB3 also.
Any of this drive can be connected to the phone/tablet?  I am guessing it need more power than the phone/tablet can provide.

what's the difference between this one and seems to be the same for $119

WDBBKD0020BBK-NESN vs WDBMWV0020BBK-NESN 

DEAD! Only offered by third party sellers at higher prices.

acefuture said:   DEAD! Only offered by third party sellers at higher prices.

look again my blind firend

DocEvil said:   what's the difference between this one and seems to be the same for $119

WDBBKD0020BBK-NESN vs WDBMWV0020BBK-NESN 

WDBBKD0020BBK-NESN is the newst version.  This is a good deal. Thanks OP

This may not help many people, but just in case...
I bought the 3TB WD Passport that was listed here a couple weeks ago and hooked it to my Asus router to use as a poor man's NAS. No matter what I did (reformat, unplug, checkdisk, etc.) I couldn't get it to mount. It kept saying "Unmounted" when I'd go to the router management page. Finally I saw a post somewhere that said to plug it into your computer, and run chkdsk /f through the command prompt (Instructions are here for Windows 10). It found no errors but magically the drive started working perfectly. I hooked it back into my router and it's been good ever since. Just make sure you include the /f argument.  I'm not certain that's important, but that's what I did - so chkdsk /f H: for example.
Cheers.

MeIsCheap said:   

YOU LOOK!  The link in the OP's post shows a page with the $76.99 price.  When added to the cart and trying to use MasterPass the Rakuten site hangs up and won't allow your order to be placed.  This happens over and over. ​When hitting final button to place order I get a Rakuten page that says:  "Sorry.   We'll be back shortly!  Sorry for the inconvenience - it seems as we have hit a snag and we are working deligently (SIC) to resolve the issue.  Please try again later or contact us."   Of course the only way to contact them is by email where it says you will get a response in 1-2 business days.    ​in other words:  IT"S DEAD!!

Is this SSD?

acefuture said:   
MeIsCheap said:   

YOU LOOK!  The link in the OP's post shows a page with the $76.99 price.  When added to the cart and trying to use MasterPass the Rakuten site hangs up and won't let you review your order.  This happens over and over.  However if you choose another seller like Adorama, the order can be placed, reviewed and confirmed with no problems

​in other words:  IT"S DEAD!!

Adorama is the correct vendor and that is who you want to order from. Also, Adorama is selling the Brand new drive and not refurbished that other vendors are selling

haramkhor said:   
acefuture said:   
MeIsCheap said:   

YOU LOOK!  .....

Adorama is the correct vendor and that is who you want to order from. Also, Adorama is selling the Brand new drive and not refurbished that other vendors are selling

I corrected my post above. Adorama is the correct vendor.  However,   ​When hitting final button to place order I get a Rakuten page that says:  "Sorry.   We'll be back shortly!  Sorry for the inconvenience - it seems as we have hit a snag and we are working deligently (SIC) to resolve the issue.  Please try again later or contact us."   Of course the only way to contact them is by email where it says you will get a response in 1-2 business days.    Rakuten ordering isn't working, at least when trying to use MasterPass.
 This happens both when I try to order using my desktop computer running Internet Explorer, or trying to order using my Samsung tablet running Chrome browser.

​UPDATE:  After trying several more times in the last hour, I thought I'd try ordering using my Android phone.  For some reason my order now went through using Chrome.  A lot of hassle for this deal but hopefully worth it.

acefuture said:   
haramkhor said:   
acefuture said:   
MeIsCheap said:   

YOU LOOK!  .....

Adorama is the correct vendor and that is who you want to order from. Also, Adorama is selling the Brand new drive and not refurbished that other vendors are selling

I corrected my post above. Adorama is the correct vendor.  However,   ​When hitting final button to place order I get a Rakuten page that says:  "Sorry.   We'll be back shortly!  Sorry for the inconvenience - it seems as we have hit a snag and we are working deligently (SIC) to resolve the issue.  Please try again later or contact us."   Of course the only way to contact them is by email where it says you will get a response in 1-2 business days.    Rakuten ordering isn't working, at least when trying to use MasterPass.
 This happens both when I try to order using my desktop computer running Internet Explorer, or trying to order using my Samsung tablet running Chrome browser.

Call Adorama directly and see if they will price match the offer ...all the way to $56.....not your fault... to good of a deal to pass up

I just bought the WD My Passport® Ultra™ Metal Edition 3TB USB 3.0/USB 2.0 Hard Drive with Zippered Hard Carrying Case & 18" USB 3.0 Cable for $119.99.
This is a much better deal. Costco of course, is a lot easier to return after it crashes though....

Tempted to buy this (I used just over 1T to backup my mac), but not sure I want to buy a device I can't return when I know it is likely to break within the next few years.

worked for me. i just ordered. 

DavidScubadiver said:   I just bought the WD My Passport® Ultra™ Metal Edition 3TB USB 3.0/USB 2.0 Hard Drive with Zippered Hard Carrying Case & 18" USB 3.0 Cable for $119.99.
This is a much better deal. Costco of course, is a lot easier to return after it crashes though....

Tempted to buy this (I used just over 1T to backup my mac), but not sure I want to buy a device I can't return when I know it is likely to break within the next few years.

This is a $60 device. I'd argue most of us are more concerned about choosing a good product with a low failure rate, than one with a good warranty. (This drive does have a good warranty period.)

If it dies in 2 years, I'll be pissed if I lost data; but I wouldn't care that much about being able to file a warranty claim to save $60. I suppose if you're using this solely for Time Machine backups, then the warranty/return policy would be more useful since the data is not the only copy.

That's the only thing I was using it for, to backup my system. Hopefully, when it dies, it won't be at the same time as my computer, so I will be able to return it and carry on without any added cost.

I received the drive today delivered in my mailbox. It's brand new, included a USB 3.0 cable, and was in the manufacturer sealed retail packaging. Great product, great price and very fast shipping. Thank you, OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017