This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

AppleiPad
Disclaimer
Best Buy is having their Black Friday in July Sale offering Apple iPad Pros on sale from $474.99 - $754.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: Price shows on individual item pages.

• 32GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi Tablet-$474.99
  • 32GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi + Cellular Tablet-$604.99
  • 128GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi Tablet-$624.99
  • 128GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi + Cellular Tablet-$754.99

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If this was a 1-day sale, why is this still in HD? Because people keep posting w/o flagging it dead, and because, yet ag... (more)

yoregano (Jul. 23, 2016 @ 7:08p) |

Because it isn't dead yet. The price s still valid today...

cenglerp (Jul. 23, 2016 @ 7:48p) |

price is now $499 but you can still get it for $399 with edu coupon. Great deal still.

DelCheapo (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 12:05p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Must be OOS but I don't see the 32GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi Tablet - $474.99​ listed.

LegOfAhab said:   Must be OOS but I don't see the 32GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi Tablet - $474.99​ listed.
Sorry I forgot to say the prices don't show until you go to the item page, this Black Friday in July sale has this weird gif like animation for the price once you go to the individual pages.

Sorry, no good for me. The price on the shows as $599 (32GB Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Wi-Fi Tablet - $474.99​ even after going into the item. Also no gif animations or the like.

Still shows $599 when go to item page ????

OK, now it shows up.

You have to sign in with BestBuy to see it LOL

Does not stack with Student discount of $100. It just stakes $100 off the normal price so it is more expensive. There is a $10 off $100 visa checkout promotion going on though for an extra $10 off. I haven't tried that yet.

johnpg said:   Does not stack with Student discount of $100. It just stakes $100 off the normal price so it is more expensive. There is a $10 off $100 visa checkout promotion going on though for an extra $10 off. I haven't tried that yet.
Obviously you can try it if you have an edu code and it will tell you upon checkout if it works or not.

johnpg said:   Does not stack with Student discount of $100. It just stakes $100 off the normal price so it is more expensive. There is a $10 off $100 visa checkout promotion going on though for an extra $10 off. I haven't tried that yet.

Unfortunately, Visa Checkout promotion expired yesterday.

respdoc said:   
Obviously you can try it if you have an edu code and it will tell you upon checkout if it works or not.

FYI -- doesn't work, at least online. Trying to use the the code actually increases the price.

You have to sign into your Best Buy rewards account to see this pricing

wow good sale. tempted but I do not see much of a gain over my air 2.

j9jm3 said:   wow good sale. tempted but I do not see much of a gain over my air 2.
I traded up two air 2s. Lost 32GB but gained:

-less reflective (by 40% under air 2), brighter screen (by 25% over air 2)
-faster: 2.16Ghz A9X vs 1.5Ghz A8X
-4 louder, speakers

Worth paying the cost of depreciation for me at least

food1313 said:   I traded up two air 2s. Lost 32GB but gained:

-4 louder, speakers

Not sure what you mean be "traded up 2 Air 2's". So how much was the actual OOP difference in price ?

Running them side-by-side...yes there is a slight difference in screens but neither are "bad". (Using percentages is cute...but what is noticed in the real world is what counts).

Same with the processor. Unless you are actually a "pro" user....the amount of difference you are going to see in "normal" tablet things are going to be quite small.

Again...all comes down to the actual "depreciation" out-of-pocket numerical cost. The justification criteria for say a: $50 loss compared to a $200 loss...would be quite different.

respdoc said:   
food1313 said:   I traded up two air 2s. Lost 32GB but gained:

-4 louder, speakers

Not sure what you mean be "traded up 2 Air 2's". So how much was the actual OOP difference in price ?

Running them side-by-side...yes there is a slight difference in screens but neither are "bad". (Using percentages is cute...but what is noticed in the real world is what counts).

Same with the processor. Unless you are actually a "pro" user....the amount of difference you are going to see in "normal" tablet things are going to be quite small.

Again...all comes down to the actual "depreciation" out-of-pocket numerical cost. The justification criteria for say a: $50 loss compared to a $200 loss...would be quite different.

By trade up, I mean I will sell my old Air 2s. Therefore I am paying the depreciation costs + sales cost (I estimated roughly $125/ea) between the pro and the air 2. At least this is what I paid when I 'traded' up from Air 1.

You don't have to be a pro user to appreciate the faster processor - just play some advanced games and you will see the difference between the two.

Having used Air 2 in airport, outside, i believe the difference in screens will make a difference. Looking at it in the store I could clearly notice the real difference. The percentages help you understand just how different it is.

It does not sound like it is worth it to you or you are trying to justify keeping your old ipad? To me speed, screen, and sound make it worth the $125 difference.

food1313 said:   
By trade up, I mean I will sell my old Air 2s. Therefore I am paying the depreciation costs + sales cost (I estimated roughly $125/ea) between the pro and the air 2. At least this is what I paid when I 'traded' up from Air 1.

You don't have to be a pro user to appreciate the faster processor - just play some advanced games and you will see the difference between the two.

Having used Air 2 in airport, outside, i believe the difference in screens will make a difference. Looking at it in the store I could clearly notice the real difference. The percentages help you understand just how different it is.

It does not sound like it is worth it to you or you are trying to justify keeping your old ipad? To me speed, screen, and sound make it worth the $125 difference.

Again...all that matters is real world use. The screens (when both are on proper brightness settings) are not "that" different.

While I'm far from a "hard-core" gamer...No, the games on either really made no major differences. Regardless, the Pro model isn't meant as gaming tablet...but geared more towards design and editing, etc for professional/business use.
It seems you didn't even "trade" any tablets yet...so whatever you get from the sales will determine what the true "upgrade" costs are (and sounds like a lot more than $125).

You can justify your own personal spending habits how you choose...but for most (again...unless you are going to be actually using/needing the "pro" features)...the " I want to upgrade from an Air 2 just cuz I want the newest model" costs are going to be quite pricey.

FYI....some are reporting success with combining the currently sale price with the Best Buy $100 EDU coupon to make the 32G $375 (pre-tax). YMMV, of course.

I just bought the 32bg using the Education Discount and it worked. For some reason i tried yesterday and it wasn't working. Every time i added the code for education it would bring the price back up to $599 and then it would take it back to normal price. But now it went through and got it for $374 plus tax. Thanks

respdoc said:   FYI....some are reporting success with combining the currently sale price with the Best Buy $100 EDU coupon to make the 32G $375 (pre-tax). YMMV, of course.
I wasn't able to make it work yesterday so I didn't buy one. Today I tried and it worked, so I pulled the trigger. The extra $100 off sealed the deal for me.

zaxdude said:   
respdoc said:   FYI....some are reporting success with combining the currently sale price with the Best Buy $100 EDU coupon to make the 32G $375 (pre-tax). YMMV, of course.
I wasn't able to make it work yesterday so I didn't buy one. Today I tried and it worked, so I pulled the trigger. The extra $100 off sealed the deal for me.

Made it work also - pretty dang cheap for a 32GB iPad Pro for $375 plus tax!

Does anyone here have a EDU student code for bestbuy to give? It would be greatly appreciated! Please PM me. Thanks!

First off, thanks to the OP for posting this deal and for the poster that mentioned being able to save an additional $100.00 if your a qualifing college student.

I do have a question about these iPads.

I purchased this for our 14 year old grandson who will be starting high school in a couple months.

II normally do not purchase extended warrenties, however I would like opinions from those who have younger children (boys) that own an iPad. Are they pretty durable or do you recommend taking out an extended warranty since this is being given to your average 14 year old boy?

Thanks in advance......

Good, Thank you for the deal, need more deals, this one was good
Thank again

1 for $375

Got one for $375 with .edu discount. Thanks OP.

If this was a 1-day sale, why is this still in HD? Because people keep posting w/o flagging it dead, and because, yet again, staff are not setting the example and setting threads to auto-expire when they should.

yoregano said:   If this was a 1-day sale, why is this still in HD? Because people keep posting w/o flagging it dead, and because, yet again, staff are not setting the example and setting threads to auto-expire when they should.
Because it isn't dead yet. The price s still valid today...

price is now $499 but you can still get it for $399 with edu coupon. Great deal still.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017