Voting History
rated:
Website has 25% off coupon www.Harborfreight.com

Member Summary

harbor freight
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. Gonna use it to get a 10" saw blade for my miter saw.

Before you get too excited. That's 25% off one item. Lots of exclusions, e.g. compressors, floor jacks, welders, chests, and lots more. Read the fine print at the bottom.

nguyenht said:   Thanks. Gonna use it to get a 10" saw blade for my miter saw.
  IMHO that's not the kind of thing I would get from HF.  I haven't had much luck with their blades or drill bits.  Better to spend the money on a Dewalt (or similar) blade that cuts cleaner and lasts longer.   

jcantanixon said:   nguyenht said:   Thanks. Gonna use it to get a 10" saw blade for my miter saw.
  IMHO that's not the kind of thing I would get from HF.  I haven't had much luck with their blades or drill bits.  Better to spend the money on a Dewalt (or similar) blade that cuts cleaner and lasts longer.   

Couldn't agree more. Spend the cash and get a Freud Diablo blade. You'll be much happier in the end.

I'm real good at loosing wrenches and sockets so their hand tools are their best value for me. They have lifetime replacement which I have rarely used. I do prefer high quality ratchets to go with HF sockets because HF ratchets are junk. I'm hesitant to buy anything from them with a motor.

I saw one HF generator go up in flames and their solar panels are not competitive price per watt. I only get batteries from them if they are free and even then it's not worth the trip unless I'm nearby.

I do love to stock up on their cheap smoke safety glasses. I lose those a lot too. I have a lot of their plastic ammo cases to keep stuff dry(not just ammo).

HF is good for those tools you only need once....

I get tarps and obscure things there. got a drill bit sharpener and a chainsaw sharpener...we will see how well they work and last. PLUS I always try to get a free tape measure because one time a few years back i could not find one around the house i said this will never happen again........now i trip over them!! OH i know what I got two of for about 34 each electric chainsaw for big branches and even logs up to a foot thick. it has worked fine as much as i use it!!!

SecondGunman said:   
jcantanixon said:   
nguyenht said:   Thanks. Gonna use it to get a 10" saw blade for my miter saw.

Couldn't agree more. Spend the cash and get a Freud Diablo blade. You'll be much happier in the end.

Ditto on diablo and dewalt blades.  To me its similar to standard versus impact driver bits.

Ditto on the free tape measures. I have them everywhere: Cars, kitchen, bedroom (don't ask!), office.... Same with the free multi-meters and led flashlights.

I have quite a few of their special purpose tools that I only need occasionally: breaker bars, torque wrenches, watch case opener, etc. All have served me well.  I've given both adult daughters corded drills from HF and they were glad they had them on the few times they were needed.

giqcass said:   I'm real good at loosing wrenches and sockets so their hand tools are their best value for me. They have lifetime replacement which I have rarely used. I do prefer high quality ratchets to go with HF sockets because HF ratchets are junk. I'm hesitant to buy anything from them with a motor.

I saw one HF generator go up in flames and their solar panels are not competitive price per watt. I only get batteries from them if they are free and even then it's not worth the trip unless I'm nearby.

I do love to stock up on their cheap smoke safety glasses. I lose those a lot too. I have a lot of their plastic ammo cases to keep stuff dry(not just ammo).

Batteries are fine, especially the button cell batteries (for car remotes, etc).

I actually buy the ones that fit into my "icy hot" TENS, since i use it so much... I don't care if I replace the abttery every other week, as long a s the damn TENS works when I need it!

And Duracell batteries (or similar) are 5 bucks EACH, and last as long.... the HF ones are QUANTITY 4 for UNDER 5 bucks... and even better with a 20 or 25% off!

My rule of thumb with HF is.... ONE TIME USE tool (to get a job done)... use HF.

Something I want to use repeatedly... save up and buy a brand name.

​Exception to the rule.... Something I use infrequently or for short periods of time= HF.  Or something I want to LEARN how to use...

And their vibratory polisher is GREAT for cleaning ammo brass.... and I have been using the same one for hours at a time for many years....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017