Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Burger King - $1 Classic Dogs - July 23rd
limit of 5
participation may vary

www.bk.com/offers ( not showing up on site yet - heard on radio )

Member Summary

Burger King
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

Buckmann (Jul. 23, 2016 @ 11:41a) |

Thought  I would save you a click.

Here's a round-up of where to snag free or discounted hot dogs:

MrVietnam (Jul. 23, 2016 @ 12:12p) |

WTF is this?

"You can order with emergence shipment."

OBVIOUSLY using a translator to build posts...

SPAMMER

Technologist (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 8:32p) |

WTF?  not a dog in the moderator provided thread....

BK Facebook: Holla holla! Classic Grilled Dogs are just $1. Today only. ‪#‎NationalHotDogDay‬
At participating BURGER KING restaurants while supplies last. Limit 5 per transaction. Must mention this ad.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cheap lunch!  The article I read says you can opt for a chili dog for $1.29

Surprisingly, these dogs are pretty good. I've been getting them on a regular basis lately!!

we all know what we are going to have for lunch on the 23rd. lol.

thedandylion said:   we all know what we are going to have for lunch on the 23rd. lol.
  LOL - enjoy!!!

I find them salty.  Costco tastes much better and a better deal since they are much larger.

Heh. "limit five"

Great, thanks.

soundtechie said:   Heh. "limit five"
  five is enough for me. lol.

I've just tasted them for the very 1st time (two weekends ago in PR the ones with just ketchup and mustard were $0.99 instead of $1.99, the chilli and bacon ones weren't on sale)...

Are they as SMALL over there as here?

It looks like they were just barely big enough (like the ones put 8 on a 1 pound pack) for a normal pre-packed supermarket bun (wouldn't be surprised if it were, not even heated...). Yes, they felt like they "had a bite" (all-beef hot dogs with natural casings, like Nathan's), but compared to the 1/4 lb. size of Sam's Club Nathan's brand ones felt way too small (to me not worth the regular price they're asking for them), and wouldn't be fair to compare with the clubs on price (we do get Sam's and Costco's hot dog combos at the same $1.50 you get).

billetera said:   I've just tasted them for the very 1st time (two weekends ago in PR the ones with just ketchup and mustard were $0.99 instead of $1.99, the chilli and bacon ones weren't on sale)...

Are they as SMALL over there as here?

It looks like they were just barely big enough (like the ones put 8 on a 1 pound pack) for a normal pre-packed supermarket bun (wouldn't be surprised if it were, not even heated...). Yes, they felt like they "had a bite" (all-beef hot dogs with natural casings, like Nathan's), but compared to the 1/4 lb. size of Sam's Club Nathan's brand ones felt way too small (to me not worth the regular price they're asking for them), and wouldn't be fair to compare with the clubs on price (we do get Sam's and Costco's hot dog combos at the same $1.50 you get).

Yes, they are that small.  They seem smaller than the skinny Oscar Mayer weiners.  Definitely nowhere near the size of the Costco ones.

Are cats the same price?

Honestly in my area the Burger King dogs are no different than the ones you can get everyday at 7-Eleven. Even then at least you can choose your condiments at 7-Eleven.

That being said for a $1 they're good lunch fodder. I usually never order them regularly unless there's some promotion going on.

If I remember when there used to be 7-Elevens over here the BK ones would be about the same size as the smallest ones from 7-11, except for the cooking method and the "bite" on them. 7-11's largest ones were close in size to the ones you get at the warehouse clubs.

If any of you would try to lunch on 'em you'd need at least 3 of 'em + some side and a refreshment to wash them down. At the total price for all of that there are more substantial choices almost everywhere (doesn't work well as a meal, just a snack...).

As for cats, Mr. V... Ask ALF.

billetera said:    
As for cats, Mr. V... Ask ALF.

Reminds me of several years ago when I was in Saigon, Vietnam: On a restaurant was a big sign saying (in Vietnamese): "We buy dogs and cats." No kidding.

MrVietnam said:   Are cats the same price?
Huh-huh.  Classic.

I don't know why Burger King wouldn't run this deal 24x7x365. I can get a pack of hot dogs for ~$1, and a bag of buns for another $1 all day long. Add some condiments, and my net cost is ~30˘ each.
I am sure their buying power can get even better prices.

wizardking said:   I don't know why Burger King wouldn't run this deal 24x7x365. I can get a pack of hot dogs for ~$1, and a bag of buns for another $1 all day long. Add some condiments, and my net cost is ~30˘ each.
I am sure their buying power can get even better prices.

Shhhhh, don't give them ideas it might replace the 5 for $4 combo they are running.

Quality at BK has gone down so bad. Their 5 for $4 is awful. The burger is a tiny hockey puck and the nuggets seem like refried 3 times. The cookies are only good if you happen to get them just out of the oven. This is at 3 different locations.

Cannot imagine what their dogs taste like. I'll stick to Wendy's 4 for $4. For a dog, I'll stick to Sams Club for their $1.70 dog and drink combo.

rsuaver said:   Quality at BK has gone down so bad. Their 5 for $4 is awful. The burger is a tiny hockey puck and the nuggets seem like refried 3 times. The cookies are only good if you happen to get them just out of the oven. This is at 3 different locations.

Cannot imagine what their dogs taste like. I'll stick to Wendy's 4 for $4. For a dog, I'll stick to Sams Club for their $1.70 dog and drink combo.

I think Carl's Jr has the best $4 deal around since it includes a burger and a chicken sandwich as 2 of the 4 items.

Now these are really good. I'm going to eat more than a few.

I think the regular Costco hotdog and a drink for $1.50 is a better deal, theirs is really a jumbo dog.

drof said:   I think the regular Costco hotdog and a drink for $1.50 is a better deal, theirs is really a jumbo dog.
  BK is one mile away
Costco 35

drof said:   I think the regular Costco hotdog and a drink for $1.50 is a better deal, theirs is really a jumbo dog.
True, but the wife spends $250 while I eat it.

Finally, a BK price match to the plain Checkers dog, if only for a day. As previously mentioned, keeping the BK basic dog at a buck would be nice. Usually, I'll grab a tastier dog at Wawa for $1.50 or $1.90 (1/4#). The Sams Club dog/soda is a good deal but their stores are too far from me.

ctgolfer said:   Surprisingly, these dogs are pretty good. I've been getting them on a regular basis lately!!
  You can order with emergence shipment.

Buckmann said:   CNBC has more places to get dollar dogs on 7/23.
Thought  I would save you a click.

Here's a round-up of where to snag free or discounted hot dogs:

• Burger King will offer a Classic Grilled Dog or a Chili Cheese Grilled Dog for just $1.
  • Philly Pretzel Factory is offering up $1 Pretzel Dogs at participating locations.
  • 7-Eleven will be selling its Quarter Pound Big Bites for $1.
  • Loyalty rewards members of Ben's Soft Pretzels can buy one Pretzel Dogs, get one free throughout the month of July and customers can enter online for a chance to win a dozen free Pretzel Dogs.
  • Beer Park in Las Vegas will be giving customers a complimentary hot dog with the purchase of a Budweiser Signature Draught on Saturday.
  • Dog Haus will sell $1 Hot Dog Sliders and Corn Dog Sliders.
  • Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries is slated to sell its fire-engine red hot dogs for $1 on Saturday.
  • The Fort Myers' Nathan's Famous location will offer guests a 5-cent hot dog when they order one at regular price.
  • Get two Classic Dogs for $5 at Wayback Burgers on Saturday.
  • Wienerschnitzel will offer original mustard, chili, or Kraut dogs for 99 cents.

fokinnni said:   
ctgolfer said:   Surprisingly, these dogs are pretty good. I've been getting them on a regular basis lately!!
  You can order with emergence shipment.

WTF is this?

"You can order with emergence shipment."

OBVIOUSLY using a translator to build posts...

SPAMMER

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017