Ringplus Commitment Free Plan: upgrade path and Tether-3,500 Talk 3,500 Text and 3,500 MB LTE Full Speed, Friday @ 7pm

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Does anyone know the answer to this:

marcopolomle (Jul. 23, 2016 @ 9:57p) |

I can't send/receive MMS on Moto G4. I bought the Commitment Free Plan on Friday. I have a limit of 100. Does Moto G4 re... (more)

FatWKing (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 9:46a) |

****2nd REQUEST******TIME SENSITIVE***ATT: CEO/ UPPER MGMT***PLEASE ASSIST*** Ring Plus, Inc.: Customer Registration

IT'S... (more)

jsoply85 (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 6:12p) |

~~The Commitment Plan Opening Friday July 22, 2016 @ 7pm -9pm PST

Flash Promo / New activation only / Upgrades available for $9 over classifieds member+ $2 Loaner Phones Available. From deposit $100 and up.
Free Shipping $5 Place holder for new lines over classifieds available (Special price for Member+ $1 witch piggyback) 
Mo/Free 3,500 Talk 3,500 Text and 3,500 MB LTE Full Speed – First time auto top up $35 Overages 5¢ per United Talk, Text and MMS.
Data overages are billed in $15 per GB. Tethering 40¢ a day ($12 month) renews daily and can be canceled and re-activated as you need it.
Attention each activation for tethering a flat activation fee from $1 is applied
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think their shark, has even jumped the shark

~~The Commitment Plan Opening Friday July 22, 2016 @ 7pm -9pm Pacific 
Flash Promo / New activation only / Upgrades available for $9 over classifieds member+ $2 Loaner Phones Available. From deposit $100 and up.
Free Shipping $5 Place holder for new lines over classifieds available (Special price for Member+ $1 witch piggyback) 
Mo/Free 3,500 Talk 3,500 Text and 3,500 MB LTE Full Speed – First time auto top up $35 Overages 5˘ per United Talk, Text and MMS.
Data overages are billed in $15 per GB. Tethering 40˘ a day ($12 month) renews daily and can be canceled and re-activated as you need it.
Attention each activation for tethering a flat activation fee from $1 is applied

This plan is a good deal for many.   The tethering option seems good as well.   I generally only need tethering when on vacation where my hotel lacks wifi and I need to do some computer work.   That seems to be about 8 days a year (others may be very different).   There is plenty of voice minutes and data for most people here too.  

I have had a good experience with Ring Plus and so have three friends I have had sign up over the last 6 months.   Now you can get those quite good Moto G4 phones from Amazon, even getting a fairly nice new phone is affordable.   

Yes this is not "Verizon Post Paid with an iPhone 6s Plus awesome quality", but you aren't paying $750 for the phone (the Moto G4 on Amazon costs about $ 150) and $ 55 per minimum per month for the phone plan.  For a single line, not including taxes, Verizon first year costs $ 1,410.00 and Ring Plus $ 185.00.  

All and all a very good value for many people.  

Is it true, as someone on Social stated, that upgrades will incur an automatic $35 topup, regardless of existing balance?

knickdigger said:   Is it true, as someone on Social stated, that upgrades will incur an automatic $35 topup, regardless of existing balance?

From Karl: "If your top up is over $0.01 you will not have to pay another top up."

super cool, love upgrades, $9 upgrade for non members is very fair. Especially for those that got downgraded over no call rule.

more info http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/10/ringplus-promotions-trac...

there are a lot of missing details. Or you might need a phone or esn. Turns out they have a $5 placeholder in classified (during promo) to buy some time for that Amazon order or? Or you could run down to BB and grab that GREAT $150 moto G 4 and a $5-10 sim http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07/22/deal-alert-moto-g4-sale-... PM to Amazon if needed for instant saving. BB sim $5-10 ymmv SIMGLW446C

Just activate off box before opening along with ICC IC off sim.

The wording makes it sound like yes, THIS plan, will add a $35 top-up

First time auto top up $35

They added "First time" to the boilerplate "Auto top-up"

So to put this on a phone you already have you would, I presume:

1. Add a line on a cheapo device.
2. Cancel service on your 'good' phone.
3. Change the device EIN on the cheapo device to your 'good' phone?

I have the 1000/1000/1000 but sure would like to do this and this seems the only way.

don't make it complicated, upgraders should find an upgrade button during promo in classified. I haven't done it but it's basically a token you redeem in your dashboard in a few days. Apply the trophy icon reward to your plan to upgrade. $9 upgrade, no top off needed if you have balance. Just be ready, some things won't be known until you try it. Or cancel for a refund if it's not what you expected. Ringplus has been diced for making it too complicated, now they almost went the other extreme by not explaining every little detail.

also upgrade is usually on billing cycle so don't expect immediate gratification unless your billing cycle is coming up. (I think, I'll have to confirm that billing cycle part) 

beachfitrob said:   

you then lose any "top-up" assigned to that acount

Is there any point in upgrading from to Hip Hop 1 ?

beachfitrob said:   So to put this on a phone you already have you would, I presume:

1. Add a line on a cheapo device.
3. Change the device EIN on the cheapo device to your 'good' phone?

I have the 1000/1000/1000 but sure would like to do this and this seems the only way.

No, just click on the "Buy upgrade' via classified section of Ringplus and follow the directions.

they already have another upgrade full price up, not this flash but you can see how it works.
'https://social.ringplus.net/classifieds/items/all

So I was about to test RingPlus with a TF4 plan. Eventually, I will port in a number. So my question is:

* Signup now as a new line now with Commitment and $35 top-up
* When I'm ready to port in the future, port the number

Or signup now with TF4, then upgrade for $9? I wouldn't need the $35 top-up or would I still need that and would just cost me $9 more?

rsuaver said:   So I was about to test RingPlus with a TF4 plan. Eventually, I will port in a number. So my question is:

* Signup now as a new line now with Commitment and $35 top-up
* When I'm ready to port in the future, port the number

Or signup now with TF4, then upgrade for $9? I wouldn't need the $35 top-up or would I still need that and would just cost me $9 more?

Porting is free with this promotion so you might want to consider doing it today only.
I don't think that you can upgrade the TF4 plan but better to ask here

one hour to go.

10 minutes to the lift off...............

Show time.....site is getting hammered..........

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.10.1

503 Errors abound.

Yup.....crashed

500 Internal Server Error

nginx/1.10.1

I wouldn't be surprised if someone is DDOSing it just to mess with all of us. :-/

Anyone got a link directly to the upgrade item? I'm trying to hit https://social.ringplus.net/classifieds/items/all

504 Gateway Time-out. Tell the people this is where they DO NOT buy Justin Beiber concert tickets...lmao

I wonder of RingPlus' wisdom not charging more than $9
when the masses would beat a path to their servers for much more
and getting them better survival cash-flow!

502 Bad Gateway

The regular site is working fine. I wish they'd just let us upgrade instead of all this classified garbage.

FW, SD, HF and every other effect..

Darn, can't even downgrade my Seashore plan to a free plan

Okay, the site finally loaded, but no upgrade plan.

Did they sell out of $9 non-member upgrades?

And it's gone again.

Redbeard25 said:    I wish they'd just let us upgrade instead of all this classified garbage.
That used to be the case but it was a complete mess since most of the upgrades were gone within 2=3 minutes.
So some people (including me) floated the idea for paid upgrades so that people don't get the upgrades to hoard them but people who really need them will happily pay for them without the nightmare of refreshing every millisecond in the middle of the night and then ending up NOT getting the upgrade while some people who knew the system will get the upgrade using the same old link even before the upgrade officially went live.

marcopolomle said:   
Redbeard25 said:    I wish they'd just let us upgrade instead of all this classified garbage.
That used to be the case but it was a complete mess since most of the upgrades were gone within 2=3 minutes.
So some people (including me) floated the idea for paid upgrades so that people don't get the upgrades to hoard them but people who really need them will happily pay for them without the nightmare of refreshing every millisecond in the middle of the night and then ending up NOT getting the upgrade while some people who knew the system will get the upgrade using the same old link even before the upgrade officially went live.

Why don't they do some kind of queuing system then? We're all still sitting here hitting refresh. I'd gladly put my name in line for an upgrade.

I can't even buy ANYTHING on the site. If I click on anything, the modal has the "bad gateway" message.

Redbeard25 said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Why don't they do some kind of queuing system then? We're all still sitting here hitting refresh. I'd gladly put my name in line for an upgrade.

But then there will be this kind of rush to sign for the queue. You are just shifting the Target.

Skipping 59 Messages...
****2nd REQUEST******TIME SENSITIVE***ATT: CEO/ UPPER MGMT***PLEASE ASSIST*** Ring Plus, Inc.: Customer Registration

IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING & CONFUSING TO BECOME A MEMBER...PLEASE SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS...

1. HOW DO I RESERVE A PLACE HOLDER for the new Truly Committed Free Plan-4,000 Free minutes???...
PLAN WAS TO STILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 2 HOURS BUT NO LONGER ON WEBSITE...WHY????

2. I WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A NEW MEMBER, but don,t have a compatible phone yet...

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6692/flash-truly-committe...

2. Please confirm that this phone is compatible with your service--LG G Stylo LS770 LTE Boost Mobile 5.7

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017