Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FYIMotorola - Moto X Pure 4G with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Black

• Model: 00889NARTL
  • SKU: 4345700
  •  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-x-pure-4g-with-32gb-me...

Member Summary

MotoXPure
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You definitely are missing something. If you type in Motorola X Pure 32GB then the first entry after the ads is a Best B... (more)

RShea (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 7:34a) |

Does this phone support TMobile Wifi calling?

notime (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 7:46a) |

Dead now. Back up to $350.

dewce (Jul. 24, 2016 @ 10:16a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks woodsnake. this might be the time I pull the trigger. I was thinking of waiting until black Friday but I am not sure it will drop much further especially for the 32gb. I would love to get this for 199 just not sure that will ever happen

I just ordered 2 -- for the 32gb version this a great deal. Prices might get cheaper as the year goes on but I'll take a phone in hand now over speculative pricing in the future.

Stack with Amex bestbuy 25 off 250 for an even sweeter deal. Superb phone for the $, typing this on one now on PagePlus 30/Mo plan.

hmmmmm 3 of these or 1 Iphone.... in for 3 !!

In for one  could not resist as it replaces a 4  year old droid 4 thanks woodsnake

I just wish this had NFC.

TiredOfTaxes said:   I just wish this had NFC.

This device supports NFC just fine.  Where did you hear it doesn't have it?  I can confirm it does as my wife has been using one for 6 months 

EDIT: http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition Check under the 'Full Specifications' section.  It clearly has NFC listed as a feature.  Also, best buy's own product page shows NFC listed as well.

spec says something about "Turbo Power" charging, is this QC2 or QC3?

SteelRing said:   spec says something about "Turbo Power" charging, is this QC2 or QC3?

I believe the 808 only supports QC2

munkyxtc said:   
SteelRing said:   spec says something about "Turbo Power" charging, is this QC2 or QC3?

I believe the 808 only supports QC2

Yes, QC2

Any thoughts on how this compares to Nexus 6P?

ask 10 different people and you will get 5 saying moto x is the best and 5 saying the 6P is the best.. I tried that tact and that is what i found

Moto X screen scratches easily IMO and snapdragon is pretty slow. But the interface of running nearly naked android 6.0 is snappy. Camera is decent and has a front flash if you need.

billtmore said:   ask 10 different people and you will get 5 saying moto x is the best and 5 saying the 6P is the best.. I tried that tact and that is what i found
  Agreed.  I opted for the Moto X just because because of the cheaper price tag.  Functionally they are pretty similar.

Side note: for anyone buying the Moto X - make sure the first thing you do is update the software to Android 6.0 it'll make a big difference compared to the software it originally shipped with.

Thanks - I just got the 6P and I am finding it a bit uncomfortable to hold, dislike that there is no way to turn on the screen from the front (often times I want to use the phone while it is flat on my desk or bed), and while I like stock android, it seems like some of the branded phones have some more snappy additions to them, so thinking I might jump on the Moto (particularly with the price difference of about $100, plus I'll get $25 off through using my Amex for it at Best Buy).

Love love my mxpe, but beware T-Mobile users that volte often results in choppy call quality so you'll likely want to turn "enhanced LTE" off in settings. Love the phone in every other way, great camera and qc2.0 is great.

just returned from picking it up at bb. great timing since I just dropped my beloved LG G2 into the crapper last night and now the screen won't respond to touch. Picked up new nanosim from ATT store and a couple "system update" reboots later it's now on Marshmallow 6.0. Very snappy, and by all accounts a great phone indeed, still missing that double-tap screen feature unique to the G2 though.

Just went from a G2 to this phone last week. Loving it, everyone misses the double tap of the LG when you leave LG though, lol

Some of the NFC talk is probably because there's no fingerprint scanner for android pay.

It's a very solid device, I like it a lot. Similarly spec'd LG G4 can be had for $50 less though, and for $150 more you get the newest Snapdragon equipped Axon 7 (with some patience) or the 1+3 😉

Solid deal with a nice stock android experience.

Moto X is best, but, lot of Chinese mobile are far cheaper and better configuration.

loganinvestments said:   Just went from a G2 to this phone last week. Loving it, everyone misses the double tap of the LG when you leave LG though, lol
  There are lot of good things in LG.... The mail client is much better, key board is better, pic/video player is good (on screen brightness and volume controls), camera controls are better...
I moved to HTC one from G2... and I hate it everyday...

Love my Galaxy Note 5...although the Pure has good rep.

Hello, will it work on ringplus.net which uses Sprint network?

sfchew said:   Hello, will it work on ringplus.net which uses Sprint network?
  Yes, you will need the appropriate sim card of which you might be able to get in the BB store

dianebutts said:   Moto X is best, but, lot of Chinese mobile are far cheaper and better configuration.

Such as?

SoCal1 said:   
dianebutts said:   Moto X is best, but, lot of Chinese mobile are far cheaper and better configuration.

Such as?

He may be thinking of OnePlus, but it doesn't work on Verizon. This phone is great on Verizon. Had it for over a year and paid list price of $399 when it came out. Alternative at the time would be to buy a Note 4 which was a lot more at the time.

henry33 said:   
SoCal1 said:   

Such as?

He may be thinking of OnePlus, but it doesn't work on Verizon. This phone is great on Verizon. Had it for over a year and paid list price of $399 when it came out. Alternative at the time would be to buy a Note 4 which was a lot more at the time.

Maybe. But the 2 is $299 and the 3 is $399. 

What did you switch to?

I love mine had it for about 2 months now the only complain I got is that it tends to get hot very easy.I use it with verizon through Straight Talk.

Is MOTO X Pure better than new Moto G4 Plus? They are both cost $250. Any advice .....

owenyuen said:   Is MOTO X Pure better than new Moto G4 Plus? They are both cost $250. Any advice .....

I second the question. I use mine as a hotspot on vz, so need to be able to custom roms. I know the Pure wont have an issues doing that. I know the G4 is bootloader unlocked, but haven't hear anything about rooting (yet, i hope). I would really like to get a semi-current phone, but hotspot is more important

Is this worth upgrading from LG G2? Nothing wrong with mine but wife wants new phone.

owenyuen said:   Is MOTO X Pure better than new Moto G4 Plus? They are both cost $250. Any advice .....
  The x has a higher-res screen, and a 808 vs. a 617.  The G4 Plus has a fingerprint scanner...otherwise, pretty close.

Pure was a high end phone, G4 Plus more of a mid level phone. For the same price, I'd go with the Pure, better resolution, faster processor, 21 megapixels vs 16, has compass (none on G4), 3GB of ram vs 2GB on G4, no NFC on G4, no 802.11 ac wifi support on G4. 

Just now i googled moto x pure and unless I missed something.... google did not bring up a single thing about this Best Buy sale. Not under news or shopping. very odd that the only place mention on the net was here! not only that but this is also the best price on the phone other than for a 16 GB version

matrix5k said:   Is this worth upgrading from LG G2? Nothing wrong with mine but wife wants new phone.
  Same question for me, only it's my Daughter...

As others have stated, Moto X Pure is a much better deal. The G4+ is getting good but not great reviews, and you really need to pay $300 to get additional storage/memory. (There are some deals to be had on the G4+ but it's still $250+ .) The first and second gen Moto G were good phones at great prices when this market segment had no competition. Lenovo's decision to move the G4+ upstream when there's a lot more competition does not make much sense IMO.

The real problem is that Lenovo/Moto has a shitty update policy. You won't get security updates quickly, and Android N is probably the last OS upgrade you'll see on these devices. For this reason alone, I'd suggest a Nexus 5X if you're looking for value and a future-proof device. If you can spend over $350, you probably can get a Nexus 6P on Swappa or through the Project Fi deal. If you're not in a rush, wait until Black Friday.

billtmore said:   Just now i googled moto x pure and unless I missed something.... google did not bring up a single thing about this Best Buy sale. Not under news or shopping. very odd that the only place mention on the net was here! not only that but this is also the best price on the phone other than for a 16 GB version
  You definitely are missing something. If you type in Motorola X Pure 32GB then the first entry after the ads is a Best Buy link, however it does not bring up the Moto X Pure when you click their link. There are more entries of course following including Amazon and others, and if you do not add the memory amount then there are many of the 16GB links at the top.

Does this phone support TMobile Wifi calling?

Skipping 1 Messages...
Dead now. Back up to $350.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017