• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell? C1760nw Color Laser Printer $79.99 at staples.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Dell C1760nw Color Laser Printer
$79.99
http://www.staples.com/Dell-C1760nw-Color-Laser-Printer/product_122141?cid=SM:SBD:FACEBOOK:SITELIKES:20111002:EVENT 

Buy Dell? C1760nw Color Laser Printer, STP-CGFYN-V2, New at Staples? low price, or read customer reviews to learn more.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Color laser printer toner cartridges are notoriously expensive...a complete set of Dell cartridges could run you almost $300 to replace.

JacquesTutite said:   Color laser printer toner cartridges are notoriously expensive...a complete set of Dell cartridges could run you almost $300 to replace.
As usual a great point.  I use a brother monochrome for most of my "normal" printing.

JacquesTutite said:   Color laser printer toner cartridges are notoriously expensive...a complete set of Dell cartridges could run you almost $300 to replace.

Not so fast.... this printer can use and has generic cartridges available !!! Uses 4 cartridges that can be had for as low as $25 for the set !!!  You can look at Amazon for some cheap ink or look elsewhere....  I didn't check the price of this printer (is it low?), but I do know it can use cheap (for a laser) ink !!! 

The printer has very good reviews on Amazon, uses relatively inexpensive ink, and is COLOR.... folks this is a good (if not HOT) deal !!!

have a great fatwallet day..........................  

shoppin658 said:   

Not so fast.... this printer can use and has generic cartridges available !!! Uses 4 cartridges that can be had for as low as $25 for the set !!!  You can look at Amazon for some cheap ink or look elsewhere....  I didn't check the price of this printer (is it low?), but I do know it can use cheap (for a laser) ink !!! 

The printer has very good reviews on Amazon, uses relatively inexpensive ink, and is COLOR.... folks this is a good (if not HOT) deal !!!

have a great fatwallet day..........................  

This is the answer to my need. A color Laser printer with decent reviews and cheap replacement toner. Thanks OP.

Tempted. No duplex function.

Seal said:   Tempted. No duplex function.
  And no DVI either!

PC Mag review - "great output quality but pricey toner"

Note: Dell sells high-capacity (1400~2000 page) and standard (700) toner cartridges.
Dell says the ship-with carts are the 700-page standard ones.
Here's one seller with a set of 4 non-OEM high-cap carts for $42 f/s. 

Dell's C1760nw driver page for Win10 and firmware.  (Also for Mac and Windows going back to XPx32.)

I have this printer and it's a great deal at $80 (Paid $100). Have printed around 200 pages and started toner is 1/4 done. Have not purchased replacement toner but as others have posted, Amazon has a number of sellers (many offering Prime shipping) that sell full sets for $30-50. Just read the reviews from other people and you should be fine.

Great quality printouts. Doesn't match the $5,000 color laser in my office at work but much better than an inkjet!

Buckmann said:   PC Mag review - "great output quality but pricey toner"

Here's one seller with a set of 4 non-OEM high-cap carts for $42 f/s. 

Just remember that the PC Mag review is about the original Dell branded toner. Don't expect the cheap non-oem toners to have the same outcome. The OEM's whether HP, Canon, Dell, Oki etc.. always have better color reproduction than the cheap Chinese knock offs! This being said, if you're not printing photos or trying to exactly reproduce a specific color, you'll be fine.

I need something... my barely used brother has a perpetual paper jam after it prints one page.

I have this printer and have been very happy with it so far with the following caveat... The unit claims to be wireless, but the wifi functionality is buggy and frequently locks up the printer.. I know my way around a router too... I even did a firmware update on the printer but no matter what I did the printer woukd lock up anytime you printed several pages or if you left it alone long enough. Since I plugged an Ethernet cable in, however, I've had none of those issues and it has worked like a champ.

I've only replaced the black toner so far but the generic toner I got on Amazon looks just as good to me. The other toners are getting low though because my wife prints everything in color... So I guess I'll find out soon how the other toners work.

UkeDoggie said:   
Seal said:   Tempted. No duplex function.
  And no DVI either!

But it does have HDMI.

I got this printer last month when it dipped to $85 and so far it's great.
- It is a regular conventional laser printer, not some obsolete wax or whatnot. Some internet bozos incorrectly conclude that it must use some bizarre old technology simply because it is made by a company that once made wax printers in the 80's.
- It does have a multi-sheet manual feed tray for envelopes or special paper.
- It does have USB, ethernet and Wifi, but not airprint.
- Included cartridges are clearly labeled "high capacity", not "starter" or "empty" or "sucker" like most.
- Replacement chips to reset the "FU feature" are available. There is even a menu option to turn off the low toner warning, though I don't know if it truly prevents U from getting F'd.
- It doesn't have a crazy clunky toner cartridge carousel like some color lasers, just 4 simple cartridges on the side so it's quick to print, quiet, and easy to maintain.
- I bought mine from Best Buy so I could use up a gift card but you can buy from anywhere you like -- they all price match and ship free.

OOS online

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017