This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

RingPlus - port from TMO/Verizon Free 2K txt/min/mb 200 MMS, $30 top-up 7/26 10am to 10pm PDT

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Bring It Over Free Plan - RingPlus Social
Disclaimer
* STARTS 7/26 10am PDT until 10pm PDT *

Missed the commitment plans? Port in from Verizon or TMobile.

$0 a month
2000 minutes, 2000 txt, 2000mb, 200 mms every 30 days
Requires $30 top-up
1GB extra for $15

If you don't port a number from Verizon or TMO, $5 deducted from top-up

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6743/bring-it-over-free-p...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can't wait for the upgrades option for current members.

There was a time when they paid me $30 to port my (now defunct) PTel #.

Meh no good tethering plans for past 6 months...disappointment again..

tgersinthewhhouse said:   Meh no good tethering plans for past 6 months...disappointment again..
  I wonder if tethering data costs more from the carrier than phone used data?   I would suspect not.  In which case charging for it (and this does not just apply to RingPlus) is not reasonable.  

Even as as it relates to carrier wholesale pricing, if you pay for data, as an extension of net neutrality, they shouldn't be able to differentiate pricing based on how you use the service unless it adds to the providers cost of delivery.   Obviously unlimited data service is a different thing.  But 2GB is 2GB, if you buy it you should have the right to use it however.   

Would this be the thing to get for a summer shack my mom and dad have?  It would be for maybe 4 phone calls a year. I need a phone out there for emergencies and peace of mind.  I had to cancel the land line out there due to exorbitant monthly bills.

Thank you. I don't know this stuff!

kingaroonie said:   Would this be the thing to get for a summer shack my mom and dad have?  It would be for maybe 4 phone calls a year. I need a phone out there for emergencies and peace of mind.  I had to cancel the land line out there due to exorbitant monthly bills.

Yes and no, you need to make a phone call every 2 months to keep service active.  Also, make sure you can get a Sprint signal that far out.

jschuman said:   
kingaroonie said:   Would this be the thing to get for a summer shack my mom and dad have?  It would be for maybe 4 phone calls a year. I need a phone out there for emergencies and peace of mind.  I had to cancel the land line out there due to exorbitant monthly bills.

Yes and no, you need to make a phone call every 2 months to keep service active.  Also, make sure you can get a Sprint signal that far out.

Or 2 phone calls. The more the better IMO. I would also wonder about any voice latency with R+ which can be a problem at times. R+ is cheap but they wouldn't be my first choice for a true emergency phone. As a backup phone maybe or just for text/data they'll do. Really comes down to how good Sprint service is where you are going to use the phone.

Is this available to new activations? If you don't port a T-Mobile or Verizon number but activate a new number, does the deal apply less the $5 auto top-up?

Update: Just activated a new line w/o porting and it works.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017