• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
We've been interested in the Chrysler Pacifica that has recently come out. Back in May I signed up via Chrysler.com for email updates. I received (3) emails from Chrysler - an initial thanks for signing up and subsequently an additional email each week there after. On the third email there was an offer for a free $50 giftcard with test drive. We printed out the offer and went to a local dealer to test drive. At the dealer no one wanted to help us - so out of frustration we looked to see if we could find the 5 digit dealer code online and submit via the weblink provided by Chrysler. We found a PDF list with the dealer codes and used the code for our dealer and were able to redeem the offer for a digital giftcard without a test drive. Make sure you use a dealer code from your state and within 100 miles of your zip code.

I have subsequently signed up for information using 6 different email accounts and received a gift card for each submitted 'test drive' (3) $50 Amazon and (3) $50 Target.

Summary:

1. Sign up via https://www.chrysler.com/get_connected/?disable_ssl_redirect=tru... and select information for the Chrysler Pacifica.

2. Look for the emails to arrive. (Takes about 12 days for 3rd email to arrive - First arrived the next day and the 2nd on day 7)
First Email: "Thank you for signing up for information on the All-New Chrysler Pacifica."

Second Email "Chrysler Pacifica is in dealers now. Pacifica Hybrid coming soon."

Third Email (with Gift Card Offer) "Get the Most Advanced Entertainment System(1) in its class in the All-New Chrysler Pacifica"

3.Now either go take a test drive OR Click "Redeem Test Drive" in the email which will take you to:
https://www.pacificatestdrive.com/register-test-drive/

Fill out information using your promo code provided in email. Make sure you use the same name, email address, street and zip code you used under step 1 above. Use the dealer code list located at to fill out the required dealer code.

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/fleethome/documents/eligible_prom...

4. Lastly you will receive an email almost immediately titled "Your eGift Card from the Chrysler Brand has arrived." This will include a link so you can redeem and activate your gift card (Fullfilled by Tango)

Moderator Comment: Members of our community have alerted us to the questionable nature of this deal. While we do not condone any unethical or illegal behavior, we believe discussion and debate helps our community make informed decisions. Please read, comment if you'd like, and proceed with caution. — Jul. 28, 2016 @ 9:42pm
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Exact same experience.  Received a mailer for a $500 off of a new vehicle offer last month and then last week received a... (more)

niniss (Dec. 06, 2016 @ 1:14a) |

same here! Will go do a test drive this week

alribo (Dec. 12, 2016 @ 8:11p) |

I got a mailer about a month and a half ago. Never owned a Chrysler vehicle but I did sign up using an email and address... (more)

moneytree84 (Jan. 12, 2017 @ 6:30p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Awesome. Thanks!! Let's hope it works!

rated:
Regarding step 1, how do you request information on the Chrysler Pacifica? I clicked on your link in step 1, but see no where to request information.

rated:
I took the Dealer Codes PDF and plotted it on a map to make it easier for folks to find the dealer code of their closest dealer:

Dealer Code Map

rated:
margelef said:   I took the Dealer Codes PDF and plotted it on a map to make it easier for folks to find the dealer code of their closest dealer:

https://mapalist.com/map/598049

you are a genius!

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Regarding step 1, how do you request information on the Chrysler Pacifica? I clicked on your link in step 1, but see no where to request information.
 I see. I was using a mobile phone before, but when I clicked on your link from a home (desktop) computer it took me right to the sign up page.

rated:
Catpiss_Neverclean said:   .
I have subsequently signed up for information using 6 different email accounts and received a gift card for each submitted 'test drive' (3) $50 Amazon and (3) $50 Target
3.Now either go take a test drive OR Click "Redeem Test Drive" in the email which will take you to:
https://www.pacificatestdrive.com/register-test-drive/ 

Fill out information using your promo code provided in email. Make sure you use the same name, email address, street and zip code you used under step 1 above. Use the dealer code list located at to fill out the required dealer code.

I know you said you used different email addresses... did you use different physical addresses as well?

rated:
Your physical address is optional in Step 1. All that is required is your name, ZIP code, and e-mail address.

However, when you get to Step 3 (redeeming your code) an address is required, but if you elect to get e-gift cards it really won't matter what address you list there because the gift cards will be coming to your e-mail.

rated:
Lets hope for the best!

rated:
Signed up the Mrs. and me today (July 28th).  I'll report back on the timing to provide a 2nd data point.

Thanks OP.  Hope this works.

EDIT #1:  Day 2 email arrived as stated by OP on July 29.

EDIT #2:  No Day 7 email on August 3.  Based on other comments further down in the thread, it appears that this deal is now dead.  

rated:
Thanks!!!

rated:
Catpiss_Neverclean said:    select information for the Chrysler Pacifica.

2. Look for the emails to arrive. (Takes about 12 days for 3rd email to arrive - First arrived the next day and the 2nd on day 7)
First Email: "Thank you for signing up for information on the All-New Chrysler Pacifica."

Second Email "Chrysler Pacifica is in dealers now. Pacifica Hybrid coming soon."

Third Email (with Gift Card Offer) "Get the Most Advanced Entertainment System(1) in its class in the All-New Chrysler Pacifica"

Looks great, and well worth a little typing. I think I already answered my first question, must it be a new Pacifica? Appears so.

And, FYI on the pacificatestdrive.com/register-test-drive site, street, city and state show as required. Still worth a try, thanks.

Edit: You might want to use a shorter URL, as the one listed shows FW as the referring site:
https://www.chrysler.com/get_connected/ 

rated:
Wonderful Gift for car fans.BTW I want to konw how long will the promotion last?

rated:
Thanks, OP!

rated:
What is the "Certificate Code"?

rated:
Taking the $50 without doing a test drive is more than unethical. You could have theft charges filed against you if Chrysler determines that you're gaming the system. They may have a way of checking with the dealer to see if the test drive actually happened. Is taking that chance really worth $50? The chance may be small, but the potential fallout is significant.

If you want the $50, do the right thing, go do the test drive, and give Chrysler a shot at a sale.

rated:
Ive gone into dealerships before (KIA) with their own offer and they dont even make me do the test drive. You could always use fake info anyway. I doubt anything would happen ever

rated:
could you please sent the "Certificate Code" to me?

rated:
lxlpow said:   could you please sent the "Certificate Code" to me?
  They're all unique. You need to wait until you get your own code in the email. Look at the steps posted by OP.

rated:
I signed up yesterday and got my first e-mail today like clockwork just as described in the OP. Now I will wait for future e-mails (with the third e-mail hopefully having the test drive offer). Thanks OP!

rated:
Barbiedawl said:   Ive gone into dealerships before (KIA) with their own offer and they dont even make me do the test drive. You could always use fake info anyway. I doubt anything would happen ever
  The dealership doesn't want to put miles on their new cars if they know they're not making a sale.

rated:
I already took a Toyota test drive; does this count?

rated:
Barbiedawl said:   Ive gone into dealerships before (KIA) with their own offer and they dont even make me do the test drive. You could always use fake info anyway. I doubt anything would happen ever
  The OP used 6 email accounts to screw Chrysler out of $300 without ever taking a test drive. That's theft, period. 
If you go to the dealership and they give you the info without forcing you to do the test drive, fine. You've done your bit and deserve the $50. 

Doing this by faking visits to the dealership is not OK, and although I also doubt that anything would happen, doing this 6 times (and all giftcards going to the same physical address, which is connected to you and obviously cannot be fake) is asking for trouble. If something DOES happen, the potential consequences (ie a criminal record) are really not worth it. Are you going to risk your career for a couple hundred bucks? There are legit ways of making far more money than this simply by applying for a credit card. 

Apart from all that, it's simply unethical. 

rated:
I used to know someone who worked at a Cadillac dealership. His job was just filling out forms for people who took test drives. I think each person got $100 for the test drive. So i dont see anything unethical about simply taking a test drive even if you have no intention of buying the car. It's simply a cost of business that every dealer pays.

rated:
can not get the "Certificate Code" too, sad

rated:
Righteous Bucks!

rated:
Slick29832 said:   I used to know someone who worked at a Cadillac dealership. His job was just filling out forms for people who took test drives. I think each person got $100 for the test drive. So i dont see anything unethical about simply taking a test drive even if you have no intention of buying the car. It's simply a cost of business that every dealer pays.
  Read the actual comment, not just the last three words. Test drives without buying are not unethical. Faking the entire visit to the dealership is.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
  The OP used 6 email accounts to screw Chrysler out of $300 without ever taking a test drive. That's theft, period. 
If you go to the dealership and they give you the info without forcing you to do the test drive, fine. You've done your bit and deserve the $50. 

Doing this by faking visits to the dealership is not OK, and although I also doubt that anything would happen, doing this 6 times (and all giftcards going to the same physical address, which is connected to you and obviously cannot be fake) is asking for trouble. If something DOES happen, the potential consequences (ie a criminal record) are really not worth it. Are you going to risk your career for a couple hundred bucks? There are legit ways of making far more money than this simply by applying for a credit card. 

Sure the poster sounds less ethical than someone more ethical but he has to live with his decisions just we all have to but why would you comment on his choices apart from wanting to create tension? Im asking because if you found it wrong you dont do that but if he sleeps at night its his business even though it was wrong any way you look at it. This is the wild west internet and I know people who have done 100 of these type offers in past and scored enough BestBuy GC's to buy a big ass flat screen when they cost several thousand dollars. He was wrong, likely criminally so, but it was his decision and his business. I personally believe only a schmuck would post on an open to all  that they did that but again it is his business and his life.
You register and print the cert and go to the dealer if you choose to do so. Others dont as obviously stated and bragged about here. 
Like I explain its the internet and if it werent you would NOT hear or learn about his deeds or lack there of and would not have a forum to comment but your comment serves zero purpose to the decision at hand which is the testdrive IMHO

rated:
   Sure the poster sounds less ethical than someone more ethical but he has to live with his decisions just we all have to but why would you comment on his choices apart from wanting to create tension? Im asking because if you found it wrong you dont do that but if he sleeps at night its his business even though it was wrong any way you look at it. This is the wild west internet and I know people who have done 100 of these type offers in past and scored enough BestBuy GC's to buy a big ass flat screen when they cost several thousand dollars. He was wrong, likely criminally so, but it was his decision and his business. I personally believe only a schmuck would post on an open to all  that they did that but again it is his business and his life.
You register and print the cert and go to the dealer if you choose to do so. Others dont as obviously stated and bragged about here. 
Like I explain its the internet and if it werent you would NOT hear or learn about his deeds or lack there of and would not have a forum to comment but your comment serves zero purpose to the decision at hand which is the testdrive IMHO

FW should not be a forum to discuss the best methods to perform criminal activities.
It's not an excuse to blame it on "the internet". When you get giftcards by deceiving companies, it's real-world illegal.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   

what's the difference? if he goes to 6 dealerships with zero interest in buying & does zero test drives, he gets $300.  if he fakes 6 test drives with zero interest in buying, he gets $300.    you're saying the former is legit but the latter is criminal?  wtf?

chrysler is a big, sophisticated company.  if it's stupid enough to let a promotion be gamed with different emails, then chrysler has nobody to blame but itself.  it would be quite easy to limit promo to 1 per address.

additionally, it would be easy for chrysler to issue a unique confirmation code that a test driver could get only by visiting a dealership (or by knowing somebody who worked for one ).

lastly, lol @ any of this turning into a criminal prosecution, let alone a criminal conviction.  show us ONE case where somebody faked $300 in test-drive promos & was charged with a crime.  TYIA.

rated:
This will be blown up and gone away faster than you can say Martin O'Malley.

rated:
I signed up 2 days ago per the OP and have not received the initial email. So it is possible this thread killed the deal.

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   I signed up 2 days ago per the OP and have not received the initial email. So it is possible this thread killed the deal.

Same and so did a friend with no email(s) either.

rated:
I signed up the 28th in the evening and got an e-mail the next day.

rated:
I did signed up the same day, till now, no luck, no email

rated:
margelef said:   I took the Dealer Codes PDF and plotted it on a map to make it easier for folks to find the dealer code of their closest dealer:

https://mapalist.com/map/598049

Like others that posted recently, I tried an email signup a few days ago and never received a reply.  I suspect it is because not all Chrysler dealers are participating.
I went back and looked at the "Dealer Codes PDF" linked above, and sure enough the Chrysler dealers nearest my zip code are conspicuously missing.
The closest participating dealer is about 75 miles from me. YMMV.

rated:
Maybe spam filters are snagging some e-mails?

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   I suspect it is because not all Chrysler dealers are participating.
I don't think that's it, as I've got quite a few of them near me that are on the list, and I'm not getting any emails either.

rated:
Strange, I signed up without address and I received the Test Drive code for the $50 certificate in the mail today.

Skipping 22 Messages...
rated:
I got a mailer about a month and a half ago. Never owned a Chrysler vehicle but I did sign up using an email and address for a similar offer this past summer.

This has got to be the easist $50 gift card offer I've ever done. Went to the dealer and told them I just wanted the card. Salesman took maybe a minute went to his boss and came back with the dealer code. Salesman reiterated what the mailer said about using the code and going online. I was surprised that after entering the required info that it immediately let me choose a gift card: Amazon egift card (but there are plenty others). Got a confirmation and got the email in less than a min with the $50 egift code!! Quicker than the Subie deal a few months back

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017