This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Inspiron 3650 Desktop: i5-6400, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Win 10 $349.99 w/ EDU at bestbuy.com + FS
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Dell Inspiron 3650 Desktop: i5-6400, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Win 10
$349.99 w/ EDU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-3650-desktop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver/4827002.p?id=bb4827002&skuId=4827002

Receive $150 OFF via the Best Buy College Student Coupon. Sign up for free at:†http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global/college-student-deals/pcmcat276200050000.c?id=pcmcat276200050000

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wait. People still buy desktops for casual use?

scrab4deal (Aug. 01, 2016 @ 9:27p) |

Off-hand I'd think a AMD RX460 would beat the 750ti and also doesn't require a 6 pin connector. It should be released in... (more)

esteinbrenner (Aug. 01, 2016 @ 11:16p) |

Thanks OP. Got one for family basic use and internet surfing computer. Ordered Sunday night and received it Tuesday af... (more)

hairybeast (Aug. 03, 2016 @ 10:12a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Worked! no .edu email needed

A good all around system (not for gaming that requires 2 $500 video cards and water cooling)
CPU alone is $190, Ram $50, HDD $40, Windows $100, Keyboard & mouse $20, case & PS $35, motherboard $50 = $485 plus service and support (if you don't do your own).

Mobo layout.

Chassis layout.

Core i5-6400 CPU Benchmark (avg.) is 6530.

This model only has integrated HD530 graphics, no separate card.

Newegg's page with more pics and specs.

"Your order does not qualify for that promotional code. Please see the rules of the promotion for more information."

Anyone successfully applied the coupon?

fwuser12 said:   "Your order does not qualify for that promotional code. Please see the rules of the promotion for more information."

Anyone successfully applied the coupon?

†Make sure you are using the right code.† I got that the first time because I used the top(wrong) code.

Thanks, that worked. Didnt realize there are a bunch of codes for different products.

Worked! no .edu email needed

Thanks for this post, OP. I got the edu coupons and jumped on this deal for my parents who needed a new computer.

Can this unit do 4k video streaming?

Why arent there any of these deals with an SSD already in.

neonsculpture said:   Why arent there any of these deals with an SSD already in.
††Why don't they start giving the computers to us for free? "sarcasm" If you don't like what Best Buy puts on sale, you are perfectly welcome to open your own store.

cohcoh said:   Can this unit do 4k video streaming?
† If you mean can it play a youtube video in 4k, then sure. †If you mean can it render video games or 3d graphics or stream it to another device in 4k, definitely not.

This is a small form factor case. If anybody wanted to stick another HD in there I dont think there will be space.

Dell 3650 inards
Disclaimer
maximumstun said:   This is a small form factor case. If anybody wanted to stick another HD in there I dont think there will be space.
Looks like there is a space for one 3.5" and (2) 2.5" HDDs

This Dell†offers a very solid processing power. The CPU is Intel Core i5-6400, and if youíre familiar with the Intelís naming scheme you can see it is a 6th generation, in another words the latest, processor model. It works on four cores and the clock speed is 2.7GHz, and there is also a turbo speed up to 3.3GHz. In benchmarks the i5-6400 does well, CPU Mark giving it a score of ~6500 points. In short, itís a processor geared towards power users.
At the moment, this model is fine.

Not available around here!!

It says Free shipping but doesn't seem to be available online anymore.

neonsculpture said:   Why arent there any of these deals with an SSD already in.
††
Because people still like big numbers or at least the marketing departments still think so. A 1tb HD costs a little bit less than a 240gb TLC ssd. While most computer people know the 240gb ssd, even a tlc one, will offer a much better experience and is probably sufficient for most people who aren't using a lot of multimedia it is till a smaller number in the spec sheets. I am a bit surprised Dell or somebody hasn't come up with some silly branding like turbo speed or something to sell people on smaller SSDs but so far they haven't.

A 750Ti should work with no problems. A (short) GTX 950 might fit, but I believe you'd need a PSU upgrade. Even if the current ~ 240W PSU could power a better graphics card, I'm sure it doesn't have the appropriate 6 pin power connector.

This is a great deal for upgrading your parents or parents in laws computer. Thats about it.

Wait. People still buy desktops for casual use?

ccole said:   A 750Ti should work with no problems. A (short) GTX 950 might fit, but I believe you'd need a PSU upgrade. Even if the current ~ 240W PSU could power a better graphics card, I'm sure it doesn't have the appropriate 6 pin power connector.
† Off-hand I'd think a AMD RX460 would beat the 750ti and also doesn't require a 6 pin connector. It should be released in a couple days. You might even be able to get away with something like a 1060 with an adapter to make the 6 pin power but that might really be pushing it on power supply.It's a 120w card and assuming the PS can do most of the 240w on 12v it should work.

Thanks OP. Got one for family basic use and internet surfing computer. Ordered Sunday night and received it Tuesday afternoon with free shipping. Replacing our old 10 yr Dell that served the same purpose.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017