Voting History
rated:

128GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive $19.99 at officedepot.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

128GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive
$19.99
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/287652/SanDisk-Ultra-USB-30-Flash-Drive/

USB 3.0 flash drive delivers fast transfers of large photos, videos and other files
Includes SanDisk SecureAccess software to help keep private files private.
USB 3.0 connectivity delivers with fast data transfers.

Member Summary

128GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

in for 1 with rewards certs. green for OP.

Inexpensive, but reviews indicate that write speeds are quite slow, slower than many USB 2.0 drives.  OK if you are mostly reading from this drive (like using it to store your music, photo, or video collection), but probably not a good choice if you are using it to transfer files between two computers.

chuckster said:   Inexpensive, but reviews indicate that write speeds are quite slow, slower than many USB 2.0 drives.  OK if you are mostly reading from this drive (like using it to store your music, photo, or video collection), but probably not a good choice if you are using it to transfer files between two computers.
  Very good to know, as I need to use it to transfer stuff between computers mostly.  Any idea what the fastest drive out there is for that?

Mulox said:     Very good to know, as I need to use it to transfer stuff between computers mostly.  Any idea what the fastest drive out there is for that?
  SanDisk Extreme flash drives have a lot faster write speeds than their Ultra model, but are also a lot more expensive.  Link

in 4 1, good price for 128GB with type 3.0

they are type 3 usb but just a little faster than a good usb2 stick , but not quite fast than the most usb 3 sticks.

i can confirm this is my slowest usb 3 stick out of 15 i own all between 32gb and 256gb.

$20 bucks for 128 GB is great. 

The USB 2.0 standard can theoretically transfer data at a very high 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps). That’s impressive, but not as much as the newer USB 3.0, which can handle up to 5gbps (640MBps)—over ten times as fast as the 2.0 maximum. So this USB with 3.0 for $19.99 is great!

While it certainly isn't the fastest USB 3.0 stick out there by a large margin, it's nowhere near as slow as 2.0. I use these daily for software installs and it's at least 50% faster in real-world use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017